TESTERS WANTED! ×

Putting Drill Scores

Ok, following on from the 'Best short game drills' thread, thought it may be a bit of fun to see how folk are getting on with the drills. Let's hear some scores....

Post scores up as and when you are able to do the drill.

Putting Drill 1...

27794_391859560307_638235307_458438.jpg

I'm off to the golf club shortly to do some practice so will probably post the first score later :D

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Woah there! Don't all post at once! :D

I managed -3 today on this drill. A bit disappointed as I was -3 early on then just kept shaving the edges.

Come on guys... it'll take you 10 mins on the putting green. :)

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

-5 today :)

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Playin' this weekend at an out of town course I've never played before. I'll let ya know how their putting green is. Quality to be judged by score of course!! LOL!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Only had a -1. It was my typical day putting, burned a lot of lips, only got one to fall. I moved the tees after the first 9, just to change the line a little.

You've got a score to beat next time now B)

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Playin' this weekend at an out of town course I've never played before. I'll let ya know how their putting green is. Quality to be judged by score of course!! LOL!

Of course! B)

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Well, its official... the Douglas Golf Course putting green is ooooooookkkkkkk!! -5 today. I gotta admit though, I did this AFTER I had played a round with the wife, so I had some warm up before hand. We got to the course too late to do it before our tee time. Get this.... she went -6!! AARRGGHH!

Honest rating on their putting green... ummm.... 1. Small - 3 holes 2. Flat 3. Not representative of what you are going to see out on the course (many very sloped and several with formidable breaks/hills in surface/etc. 4. VERY well maintained, it was almost as smooth as an artificial green.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Well, its official... the Douglas Golf Course putting green is ooooooookkkkkkk!! -5 today. I gotta admit though, I did this AFTER I had played a round with the wife, so I had some warm up before hand. We got to the course too late to do it before our tee time. Get this.... she went -6!! AARRGGHH!

Honest rating on their putting green... ummm.... 1. Small - 3 holes 2. Flat 3. Not representative of what you are going to see out on the course (many very sloped and several with formidable breaks/hills in surface/etc. 4. VERY well maintained, it was almost as smooth as an artificial green.

:lol: No shame in getting beat by the wife when she shoots -6! (That's tied the lowest score I've heard anyone do on the drill, including a number of Pros!)

Whilst most putting greens aren't quite the same as being out on the course, it should still serve you well once you get used to shooting good scores in practice.

I'm off to the course to see if I can beat that, the bar has been well and truely risen! B)

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Good luck with that PD! She truly did set the bar high. She was very hot with the flat stick today. When it comes to putting, she often is. She whupped me well on the course too. I had 3 one putts today, 2 three putts and the rest two for a total of 35. Not great by any means, but not too bad for my game. I'm not good at sticking things close to the pin. She had a total of 30 putts for the round. *mumbles* Good thing I can outdrive her and usually keep my 2nd shots from getting me into deeper trouble. :lol:

OH... and I had a typo in my original post about this... I had -4, not -5. Sorry. But yes, the -6 was correct. ;)

Only -2 for me today

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Yep, only -2 for me yesterday (3 birdies and 1 bogey)

I have amended the rules, in that if I putt more than inside the leather out (i.e. either long or short) than it's a +1. My thinking on the long putts you should still be able to putt for a gimmee.

Yep, only -2 for me yesterday (3 birdies and 1 bogey)

I have amended the rules, in that if I putt more than inside the leather out (i.e. either long or short) than it's a +1. My thinking on the long putts you should still be able to putt for a gimmee.

I have a friend who does a drill in a similar way. On the golf course if I run a birdie putt 4 feet by it doesn't matter a jott as long as I hole the return so I don't see the point in practicing differently.

My thinking on long putts is pick a target, try my very best to hit it at the target. If my target was in the right place and I hit it there it goes in! Why aim for 'a gimmie'? Aim to hole it!!! ;)

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

... Why aim for 'a gimmie'? Aim to hole it!!!

I agree about putting for a gimmie... I am always trying to 'make it', I just figured I would penalize myself if I putted so bad I couldn't keep it inside 'the circle'.

The game of golf doesn't penalize you ENOUGH!!!?????!!! :o :o :huh:

:D My thinking exactly.

If you hole the one coming back from outside 'the circle' surely it should count as par? It does out on the course.... ;)

Hey if you want to make the drill harder try doing it with one hand or blindfolded <_>

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

We did the drill this weekend at the Estes Park, CO, golf course at 7522' elevation. Back to our normal putting compared to Douglas, Wy... LOL. Wife was even, I was -1 on Saturday. I was even and she was -1 on Sunday, so it was a wash between us. Nice putting green. Large and nice representative slopes compared to what is out on the course. Well maintained. In 3 weeks, we're going to Saratoga, Wy to give it a shot. I'll give a report from that one as well.

This next couple weeks, we'll be hard pressed to get any golf in. If we do, it will be on our home courses in Cheyenne, Wy. I'll post if we get a chance to do the drill. ;)

Keep it up ;)

I'm off to Australia for a couple of weeks on Thursday so won't be posting any scores for a while. I'll check when I get back and see how you've all been getting on.... :D

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

-3 on Friday.. Nice drill and fun that it doesn't take forever to do. That,s assuming you don't take 10 minutes per putt like some people (my old man comes to mind). ;)

KWheels 

Archived