Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Have Any Questions for ECCO/Ernie Els?

GolfSpy Barbajo

Heading to Florida Monday for an ECCO golf shoe launch event -- it's the new SS17 series. Do you guys have any questions for ECCO? 

Ernie Els will be the spokesman - cannot wait to see The Big Easy swing a golf club in person. Next to Freddy Couples he has to most enviable swing I've ever seen.  We should be able to get some time with him -- any questions you like me to ask Ernie?

The event will be at PGA National in West Palm Beach on Tuesday - weather permitting we might be able to get a few holes in.  

There will be some Periscope broadcasting going on, so give me a follow on Twitter if you want to catch the play by play!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

You should ask if he want to come back here for a round of golf with your buddy evershady.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Any plans for a BOA lace system on their shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

The new ECCO shoes have already been released in Europe, and the InterWeb being what it is, there's very little suspense.

Here's a look via ECCO's Twitter page...

Not a bad looking shoe - anxious to see them in person.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The new ECCO shoes have already been released in Europe, and the InterWeb being what it is, there's very little suspense.

Here's a look via ECCO's Twitter page...

So in love with these shoes that are #CoolFromEveryAngle ..... @ECCO_GOLF have done very well here #EccoCool pic.twitter.com/LkoefMBtGg

— Coach Lockey (@CoachLockey) December 2, 2016

Not a bad looking shoe - anxious to see them in person.

I like the tan and rust color; looks classy

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Very cool (pun intended)

I would be interested to hear what the percentage of spikeless shoes vs spiked shoes produced for them is now. And do they see a trend of spikeless growing by even more each year.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

What's is his favorite drill when is swing is off? That could be a real question for you.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Very cool (pun intended)

I would be interested to hear what the percentage of spikeless shoes vs spiked shoes produced for them is now. And do they see a trend of spikeless growing by even more each year.

At an adidas event last year they said the trend was back toward spiked shoes - although this was the event for the Tour Boost 360, so you have to take it with a few grains of salt.

Be interesting to get ECCO's take on it

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

At an adidas event last year they said the trend was back toward spiked shoes - although this was the event for the Tour Boost 360, so you have to take it with a few grains of salt.

spiked is the way to go for me something about it makes me feel more comfortable, but I'm central Texas Dr Pepper addicted nut too so don't take me too seriously.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Given that we both parent a child with a disability I would have tons of questions for Ernie all of which are too personal to post here. Who cares about Ecco thank him for what he's done for Autism awareness.

Have a great time. I hope you get to play the course and watch out for the Bear trap. Been there, done there, left a couple of souvenirs for them in the pond on 15. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have bought four pair this year. Nike, ecco, Puma and Footjoy. They are all spikeless.

I like being able to go from the office to the course without changing shoes.

But if I saw a new pair of end all be all spiked come out, I'd probably get them.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Very cool (pun intended)

I'm pretty much spikeless for the rest of my playing days.  The shoes with the spikes tend to press into the bottom of my feet (every where a spike is located) causing discomfort, burning, and tingling post round.  The spikeless shoes are easy peasy on my feet with no post round pain in the tender areas where the spiked shoes press.

My question is:  It's always hard for me to find golf shoes in wide sizes which is frustrating to say the least. I wear a 13W and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. When I find a shoe in my size, it's uglier than a buck toothed goat at milking time. Why are so few popular looking shoes not made in the "Wide" sizes?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My question is:  It's always hard for me to find golf shoes in wide sizes which is frustrating to say the least. I wear a 13W and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. When I find a shoe in my size, it's uglier than a buck toothed goat at milking time. Why are so few popular looking shoes not made in the "Wide" sizes?

Had that same concern - and asked the guys at adidas about it last year. Their response was to do a digital foot mapping - found that I was wearing the wrong size show and wide had nothing to do with it.

Been wearing size 11's since high school, which was a loooong time ago. The mapping revealed my left foot was size 12 and my right foot was size 11.5. They said as you get older your feet get a little flatter and, therefore, a little longer - and wider shoes that may be a tad small tend to feel better, so many folks think they need a wider shoe.  For years I told myself adidas were too narrow for me because I could never find any that fit. Bumped up to size 12 and they fit like a champ.

That's just my own experience, and your mileage may differ, but it sure opened up a whole new shoe world for me!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Had that same concern - and asked the guys at adidas about it last year. Their response was to do a digital foot mapping - found that I was wearing the wrong size show and wide had nothing to do with it.

Been wearing size 11's since high school, which was a loooong time ago. The mapping revealed my left foot was size 12 and my right foot was size 11.5. They said as you get older your feet get a little flatter and, therefore, a little longer - and wider shoes that may be a tad small tend to feel better, so many folks think they need a wider shoe.  For years I told myself adidas were too narrow for me because I could never find any that fit. Bumped up to size 12 and they fit like a champ.

That's just my own experience, and your mileage may differ, but it sure opened up a whole new shoe world for me!

Good info to know for sure and that does expand the options when shopping the PGA Super Stores, Dick's, etc.  I rarely buy golf shoes online. I prefer to try them on pre buy. Foot comfort is soooooo important and finding that quality fit may take more time however in the long run it's well worth the effort.

You're saying getting old is not for sissies huh? :D   Men's feet get flatter or bigger and women's butts get bigger and fatter.  Good thing my wife is not looking over my shoulder... :unsure: 

Cleveland

Men's feet get flatter or bigger and women's butts get bigger and fatter.  Good thing my wife is not looking over my shoulder... :unsure:

Dude - you know she's going to know you wrote that. They have a way. I don't know how, but wives are like Santa -- they see you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake...

Sort of like a cross between Santa and Sauron from Lord of The Rings...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Dude - you know she's going to know you wrote that. They have a way. I don't know how, but wives are like Santa -- they see you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake...

Lmao! Truth spoken

Cleveland

Yep.... and if she happens to be a hair dresser, there is NOTHING they don't know or won't find out. It's like Cosmetologists are part of the CIA.

Been wearing size 11's since high school, which was a loooong time ago. The mapping revealed my left foot was size 12 and my right foot was size 11.5. They said as you get older your feet get a little flatter and, therefore, a little longer - and wider shoes that may be a tad small tend to feel better, so many folks think they need a wider shoe. For years I told myself adidas were too narrow for me because I could never find any that fit. Bumped up to size 12 and they fit like a champ.

This is such a good post and good info.

Like you my left foot has always been about a half size larger than my right. So I used to only try only the left one on when shopping. Ha

But 10 years or so ago I was a size 12 or Euro 46. Now I'm a 14 or 48 in most Euro.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived