TESTERS WANTED! ×

Harrison Shotmaker - revisited

PlaidJacket

I've been digging around some this morning on the blog. In the MGS Labs section I ran across the report/review (Aug. 11, 2011) about the Harrison Shotmaker. I had thought about trying one of these several years ago before I became a member of MGS. I also read through about a 6 page forum post for the device. Most posters from back then I don't know of or see around here these days. Except two I recall. Hckymeyer and RookieBlue.

At first RB hated the Shotmaker but later and after trying a different model of the device liked it. Hckymeyer loved it I think. My question today is....

Who's using the Shotmaker? What are your thoughts? I'd like to give it a try. Although fitting might be an issue. My driving accuracy is pretty good on most days I'd say. I used to keep stats but have gotten out of the habit; but, I'd say I'm around 65-70% FIR. (that's 9-10 FIR on my home course) My misses are usually not awful although we all hit unexplained ones at times. The Shotmaker sounds like a device where you can't loose even if it only helps a little bit.

https://www.mygolfspy.com/harrison-shotmaker-review/

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hi Plaid,

I'm hardly an expert on this subject but about 4 years ago I went to a "top 100" fitter and got fitted for the Shotmaker. He dropped it in my driver and I went straight to the course. My first thoughts were it really stiffened up my shaft which was probably a little whippy to begin with.

On the course it definitely straightened out my fades off the tee. It also cost me about 20 yards in length. If I had to guess I would say I just didn't get the right fit for me. The following summer I went elsewhere for a driver fitting and found the right shaft that did what the Shotmaker did in regards to straightening me out off the tee and gave me back my lost yards and added about 20.

I guess my best advice is make damn sure you get the right Shotmaker because based on the GS review and my experience I think it can be a huge asset to anyones game if fit properly.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

... I'll have to see if I can dig up my old review but I loved the Shotmaker in my Harrison shafts. Especially the Mugen Black. I tried it in a few Aldila shafts and it don't work as well and was actually worse in an Alpha RIP shaft. But I spent two days at the range putting it thru it's paces and there was definitely a difference in the cluster of my shots, and again more evident in my Harrison shafts than others.

... After reading Wedjie's comments I remembered my first Shotmaker was too stiff and performance was awful. I dropped down a flex and it really came to life. 

... To be honest, I had forgotten about it and it is still in my Mugen improving no dispersion at all in my basement workshop. I may have to pull it out and try it again in my Rogue Black. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I've just sent an email to Harrison providing some info about my driver, me, and asking questions. Sounds like fitting for a Shotmaker is pretty important. There aren't any dealers here where I live that I'm aware of. I probably will not interested in buying one only to return it for a different model... and possibly doing that over and over until it's right. Or not.

Chisag... get it out again and tell me what you think about it.

Distance is always good.... but I'd prefer a bit more accuracy if I can buy it. Ha.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Funny thing about this thread being brought up sadly Harrison is out of business. I never did care for their shafts except for the Striper in the hybrids and really I am not a hybrid man. They also made the Hathaway driver which I have one and played it for 3 or 4 years up until last spring until it finally cracked and I replaced it with the Titleist in my signature. 

Plaid you said you sent them an e mail? Did someone buy them and start up again? If they did I do not know anything about it but I could be wrong

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Harrison is still in business Stu. At least with the Shotmaker. I think I either read on their site or on a youtube vid that they had quit shafts. But I can't find it anymore.

Just this morning I've be emailing with Michael Cheng. He's the guy you may have seen in Shotmaker videos. I believe he's a lead Engineer with Harrison or perhaps even an owner.

I'll ask them to come back to the forum and this thread if possible.

Just this morning Cheng asked me to provide him the OD of the tip section for the shaft in my SLDR.

Gentlemen:

Harrison is still in business and still selling Shotmaker. Regarding golf shafts, we only sell to OEM clients nowadays. If you are interested in shotmaker, email me any time: mike@harrison.com. Thanks.

Yours,

Mike Cheng

I decided to go ahead and order one ...so we'll see. I will get the 17D model. I'll install it in my 2014 SLDR which has a stock Fujikura Speeder 57 - S shaft.

Ordered the full kit which includes the Shotmaker, on/off tool, grip cutter, and grip lock.

I might get it Friday; if not Monday.

After I have a chance to try it I'll report back with my findings-thoughts-impressions.

Gentlemen:

Harrison is still in business and still selling Shotmaker. Regarding golf shafts, we only sell to OEM clients nowadays. If you are interested in shotmaker, email me any time: mike@harrison.com. Thanks.

Yours,

Mike Cheng

Mike I hate like the devil that you guys quit making the Hathaway Drivers those were on heck of a driver

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I think they still have those too Stu. Unless the Harrison website is stale.

BTW... my shotmaker will not arrive until Monday. Therefore no test this weekend.

... I found the review I wrote in 2011. Hard to believe it was that long ago!

... The golf industry is filled with hyperbole and grandiose claims of “Unreal Performance” or “8 yards instantly” and “The best R&D facility in the world”. Some of it may be true, and some may be quite a stretch. The claims may apply to some and not others. There is also fine print to consider. Golf forum members can be just as guilty in their posts, even though they are just sharing their exuberance with other members. Most have learned over time, to ignore the over the top claims that sound like someone who just met the most awesome women in the world and are experiencing a honeymoon period. Or the jealous rebuttals from those jaded against... well ... anything very successful. So I found it very refreshing to review a product that simply does what it says it does. Improve your accuracy by up to 40%. Not straighten out bad shots, not add yards to your normal drives and not even make you a better golfer. The Shotmaker from Harrison is a new product that makes the claim of simply improving accuracy and I was very interested to try this revolutionary device in several shafts and clubheads.

... Right up front let me say the Shotmaker does exactly what it says it does. It improves the accuracy for most shafts. Since this is a brand new product, it is still being refined. It does not fit in all shafts. It does not work as well in some as it does in others. And Harrison needs to fine tune their on line fitting process, especially the Angular Velocity and Load Factor parameters. But these are minor glitches that can easily be addressed. Talking over the phone with Harrison, it was decided the F Shotmaker would be my best fit. I was an IPGA professional for 5 years and remember students asking for swing advice when I had not even seen them swing a club. I could get them in the ball park, but there was plenty of room for adjustment. Occasionally I was way off because they were not aware of their actual abilities and swing speed. The same thing applies to fitting the Shotmaker over the phone or through the internet. You can probably narrow it down to a couple of flexes, but it is much better to have ann actual fitting through a Harrison Dealer. I went to the range and hit about 200 balls with and without the Shotmaker. The RIP Alpha is my current favorite, but I was more interested in how the Shotmaker might help the RIP Beta with more torque and a softer tip profile. I have a smooth tempo with a medium load, my power coming from timing and a delayed release more than power and flash speed. I am not a short swing, hard hitter so keep that in mind if that is your profile. After warming up, I hit about 20 shots without the Shotmaker. I was hitting balls unto a green 260 yards away. I hit a few pushes and pulls. I installed the Shotmaker and the shaft immediately felt more solid. Feel is subjective, but I image anyone will find at least some difference in feel with the Shotmaker installed in their shaft. I cannot say I found a huge difference in performance but it sure seemed my pushes and pulls might have been a little tighter. Fades were slightly reduced. Then I put my fastest controllable swings on the next 30 balls without the Shotmaker. I had quite a few 10 yard fades and a few draws with a couple of hooks and a few slices. I added the Shotmaker and this is where the difference became much more apparent. The fades that were 10 yards off the green, were now on the edge or a few yards off. I am not a mathematician but that certainly seemed to be in the 40% range. The few draws I hit were also reduced. I managed a few big hooks that were unaffected and one whopping slice that was certainly unaffected. So my best and worst shots were not any different, but my slight misses were much better. Depending on the hole, this can certainly mean the difference between the water/bunker/trees and the edge of the fairway or the fringe. And that is exactly what Harrison said the Shotmaker would do. Improve my accuracy. 

... That all sounds great, but their was a minor problem. I was losing about 5-10 yards on many drives with the Shotmaker installed. As we all should know, golf is a funny game and every day produces a different swing, ranging from a minor difference to a major degree that has all of us at one time or another contemplating quitting the game. So I repeated my range session with the Shotmaker and had several other shafts to try. As I expected, the Shotmaker did not make much of a difference for me in my RIP Alpha. I think someone with a quicker and shorter swing may have different results however. The RIP Beta performance was pretty much the same as the day before, showing marked improvement with the Shotmaker. Next up I hit the Mugen Black without the Shotmaker and found another shaft that deserves very serious attention. I hit it higher than the RIP Alpha in my 910 D2 head. But it was a beautiful high launch that did not seem very affected by the wind and I was getting the same distance as the RIP Alpha and a few more yards than the RIP Beta. The Mugen Black has a very nice dampened smooth feel, and it is difficult to pin down a kick point, as the whole shaft seems to load and release with outstanding consistency. I hit my longest drive of the season on a course with the Mugen Black with the Shotmaker installed. Again I ratcheted up my normal swing to my fastest controllable swings that I take only a few times on a golf course. I did not hit a single hook and only a few very slight draws. I also hit 10 yard fades with some a bit more right and some a bit less. Then I installed the Shotmaker and the Mugen Black became very consistent with 5 yard fade after 5 yard fade. I play a straight ball with a slight draw, and have always wanted to hit a tiny fade but they too often turned into a round killing slice. I am excited with the possibility of hitting 5 yard fades on a golf course. The loss of distance with the Shotmaker in the Mugen Black was not as pronounced, but it was still there. I was not prepared to give up distance in exchange for more accuracy. I wanted both, as I imagine all of us do. 

... Talking to Harrison, they said they felt I was between an E and an F and thought I should try the F first. They told me to send back the F and exchange it for an E. However, that was not necessary, because one of my playing partners was more than happy to purchase the F Shotmaker. We were playing a demanding course on a windy day and he was fighting a high fade that was occasionally getting out of control. I had the RIP Beta with the Shotmaker in a 9* R11 tp head and he was playing a 9* R11 with the stock Blur. He asked to hit mine and after hitting a 240 yard drive that faded into a bunker on the right side with his Blur, he hit a 270 ever so slight fade with the Shotmaker RIP Beta that started just off the left edge and it faded a few yards to the left fringe with a mid-high and boring flight. “WOW! That was super solid and pretty much went right where I aimed it. Can I hit it again?”. Nobody was behind us so I said sure. He aimed at the same spot just off the left edge and hit another drive that was a carbon copy of the first and ended up (and I am not exaggerating this) a few inches from his first drive. “I gotta have one!”. I now have a range session and several rounds with the E Shotmaker and it has given me back the yards I lost but maintained the same shot control and accuracy improvement. Harrison can actually make a modest claim of more distance as balls fading or drawing less, will obviously travel farther than a shot that curves away from the target area. It also gives me that extra confidence to go after it a little harder than my normal swing when I need a big drive. 

... OK, my pard is a devout believer and I certainly think the Shotmaker is worth every penny it cost. But just like any golf club or piece of equipment, the Shotmaker is not for everyone. If you spray the ball all over the place, the Shotmaker will not help you. If you hit big hooks or big slices the Shotmaker isn't going to help you either. For me at least, some shafts react much more favorably than others. The Mugen Black and Shotmaker seem made for each other. Duh. I am not sure I will leave a Shotmaker in the RIP Alpha, but certainly put it in the RIP Beta, Eclipse and my Code 6. The after market Kai'li that came with my R11 tp did not seem like it performed better and it might have even performed a little worse with the Shotmaker installed. On the other hand the Titleist ‘made for' Kai'li was a much more accurate shaft with the Shotmaker installed. So for $99 we have a product that does just what it says it will do. For many of you good players that are willing to pay a premium for a new shaft or several shafts, trying the Shotmaker is a no brainer. Considering someone might pay $300+ for one shaft, a modest investment of $99 that can be moved from shaft to shaft is a bargain in my book. Harrison offers a 30 day money back guarantee because they know very few will ever be returned. Golfers serious about their game are willing to pay a little extra for a little extra performance. They are not looking for a major improvement, just a genuine, on course improvement that helps them play the game at a little higher level or allows them to go after a shot with a little more gusto. So if you are looking for the greatest device since sliced bread, pass on the Shotmaker. If you are looking for a shaft insert that allows you to hit tee shots with up to 40% improved accuracy and a more solid feel, I highly recommend the Shotmaker. What do you have to lose?

Sam Derence
IGR

Now that's a very good review. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading it... but that's what I was hoping for. Straight forward and honest.

To be honest that's similar to other reviews I've read.

Like Chisag I'm not looking for a miracle. I'm only looking to tighten things up just a bit. I'm actually quite happy with my driving most days. My swing is not what I visualize Chisag's to be. In other words... a good looking swing! My swing is shorter

and more abrupt/forceful on the downswing with mid-late release. Like Chisag I don't need to lose any distance so hopefully I won't. It's going to be interesting to see what the Shotmaker does or doesn't do for my game.

Maybe late next week I'll have an opportunity to try it.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your review.

Today I received my Shotmaker. First my plan is to one day this week go by a local shop and put this thing on their Trackman to start my comparison and perhaps establish some sort of baseline. I'll do a before Shotmaker and after Shotmaker trial/test.

I'll be playing on Friday and plan to have the Shotmaker in use for the round.

I'm not doing any sort of unboxing thing like formal reviews are done around here. But I'll tell you what came with my order. Obviously the Shotmaker which is a ~12" tube make of very thin graphite. It only weighs 4 grams! The top end has a screw like attachment that is integral to the tube. This part of the Shotmaker is what expands when rotated to seat the device inside the shaft. Next is the on/off - torque tool. The shaft of the tool slips/collapses like a ball retriever does so you can reach the Shotmaker once it's been dropped down the inside of a shaft. I also received a grip cutting tool so I can bore a hole through the butt of my grip making it easy to install and seat the Shotmaker in place. Finally there is a butt cap to cover the hole in the end of the grip. I may even replace the grip altogether.

Also included is a nice color brochure that goes into all manner of detail about the Shotmaker. Interestingly, the brochure included the full MGS Lab report which was done back in 2011. There was also a page of user reviews taken from the GolfWRX forum.

All said my first impression is positive as far as looks, quality of parts, and brochure. In the meantime if anyone has any questions let me know. I'll post other information as I get into testing and using the Shotmaker.

Just a few minutes ago I installed the Shotmaker in my SLDR. I was not able to gather any data from the Trackman due to issues at the shop. I know my driver well so I'll just have to make visual observations today when I put it in play.

The installation went smoothly and as planned. Harrison is adamant about following the instructions carefully and to the T. I did exactly that. One point Harrison makes after you have the Shotmaker installed is the palm tap test. Basically you take your driver by the grip and tap the shaft about mid-way down on your open palm listening for any rattles. I did this and heard nothing. This indicates you have a good fit and the Shotmaker is properly installed. I opted to install the supplied Grip-lock in the butt as opposed to the supplied cap. According to Harrison the grip-lock makes the Shotmaker installation swing weight neutral. When I first installed the grip-lock it didn't want to tighten properly for some reason. So I pulled it out, checked the screw, etc., reinstalled it and this time it tightened up correctly.

All said the installation was easy and without any problems. Later today at 11:30 I'll put the Shotmaker into play. Conditions today are expected to be windy. Claims of a tighter shot dispersion will be put to the test for sure. I'll report back after my round with initial thoughts.

I finished my round a few hours ago. This was my first time out with the Shotmaker installed. Conditions were tough - windy today.

As many have experienced before me; my shots feel more solid. Not a ton but more. I like it just fine. Other than that I couldn't tell the Shotmaker was installed. I was able to produce my same ball flight and I didn't seem to lose any distance. My shot disbursement was good today even though it was windy. I wouldn't say today was a true test for shot disbursement even though I only had one errant tee shot where I was forced to "punch-out". All other drives were from the fairway. I somehow managed to play well under trying conditions. The winds were gusting at times up to 35-40 MPH while a front pushed through. Did the Shotmaker help keep me in the mow all day? Maybe, but I can't honestly say that for sure today. It was tough out there.

I'm thinking the Shotmaker is going to have to be played for a while before I can speak definitively as to whether it works for me or not. Today's conclusion is: my driver feels better and more solid. The "ting" from the clubhead seems to have been muted some and that's fine too. I do not think I lost any distance (or gained?) and my normal shot-shape and ball flight appear normal.

All is well with the Shotmaker and i'll report back when I have another round.

Glad to see the shotmaker thread. I happen to be the one that started the thread about the shotmaker on another popular forum.

I believe the shotmaker firms up impact feel. I believe Mike has demonstrated through testing that the head is stabilized by the shot maker which prevents that sensation of a glancing blow when you catch it high or towards the toe.

To avoid the noticed dropping distance and I agree it tends to be around 10 yards I have gone to slightly lighter shafts. I have always liked 70 to 75 g weight shaft. And since I started using the shotmaker I have switched to 65 to 67 g shaft. That way the overall weight is where I like it.

I still enjoy the shotmaker and when I look back on it I don't think there's ever been $100 purchase in golf at that I've gotten more out of.

I have hit thousands of golf shots between my Three-wood and driver's over the last several years.

Last thing which is funny my friends that I play with on a weekly basis still don't know why I'm hitting more fairways they have seen the little red metal plug in my grip and I've told them it's a counterweight balance

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm guessing that would be GolfWRX? I'm not a member there but read it a lot. Many guys here participate over there also. Anyway...

I'm new to the Shotmaker even though I'd heard of it many years ago. As you may have read in some of my posts I'm a Go so far with it. I've only had it installed for two rounds so far but all seems well. I certainly enjoy the feel much better. Unlike your experience I haven't seen/noticed any loss of distance. I currently play a stock TM/Fijikura 57g Speeder S shaft so it's pretty light.

One day somebody will ask "what's that in your grip" question and i'll reply the same as you did. Today however, the grip-lock (which came with the Shotmaker and what I used) is black and blends in a little better.

I'm going to continue with the Shotmaker for a while but I expect it will stay in my shaft. If all goes as planned I'll try one in my fairway wood before long.

For some reason I have just found this thread and it looks interesting to say the least.  Anything to help with consistency is a hawt item for me and I'm looking forward to following along to see how this shakes out.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

... I can't speak for everyone, but most that lost distance with the Shotmaker (myself included) had one that was too stiff for their swings. Dropping down one flex brought my distance right back. 

Even with only 2 rounds so far with the Shotmaker I think I may have a perfect fit for my swing and the shaft. Just yesterday I email Michael Cheng with Harrison regarding my Wishon fairway wood. I provided specs on the club and shaft. He recommended I "try" the same SM as the one I installed in my driver. I'll wait a while longer and get a few more rounds under my belt before I decide.

• 2 weeks later...

Played another round with the Shotmaker in my driver. This time I played an old historical muni in Austin, Texas called Lions. I played with my son-in-law and after the round he commented about how I played from the fairway all day. It's true. The course is really short even from the back tees... 5850 yds. I hit driver on most par 4 and 5's with the exception of two holes where I hit my fairway wood. Of the holes I hit the driver I was in the mow on each of them expect one where I skanked it. So again... the Harrison Shotmaker seems to be beneficial. I'll play a few more rounds in a more competitive situation over the coming New Year weekend and will report back. So far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose for now I'll conclude my review/testing/results for the shotmaker. I'll put the PlaidJacket seal of approval on it. I now have a total of about 7-8 rounds with the Shotmaker and I have been "slightly" better as far as fairways hit. (FIR) I'm counting FIR as any shot where I'm no further off than the first cut or where I'm just off but still have a clear shot to the green. My overall shot dispersion is slightly tighter.

As others may have experienced the Feel is much improved. I think most anyone would like that. I personally have not lost any distance. Nor have I gained any. My shot shape is still the same at a mid-high launch and apex with a slight draw. Like anyone I still will skank one or two a round and there's nothing I can do about that I guess. But overall I'm very pleased with the Shotmaker and for the price I think it's well worth it. I'll probably put one in my fairway wood this spring sometime.

If you like to tinker a bit with your clubs you might want to give it a try. Just remember, it's not going to suddenly turn your game around and have you splitting fairways all day. But based on my observations it will "tighten" up your shot dispersion some. And the feel is great!

Thanks for the review. I am intrigued by this product since it seems to get good reviews from MGS folks that have put it into play. Would be nice to tighten up the disbursement a bit more even though I hit 65%!of my fairways and I don't count those that just miss.

I need to figure out my driver situation since the product doesn't seem to be 100% interchangeable between shafts and I am pondering which driver will be in the bag this season.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'd give Michael Cheng a call at Harrison. I did. He was easy to get a hold of.

I too am about 65% FIR which means.... in the mow. I generally have about 12-13 opportunities with a Driver at my home course. Other times I choose to hit my Fw wood or a 4 iron on a sharp DL left par 5. but I still count shots that slightly miss but are easily playable from the first cut.

Either way... the SM is good IMO. You'll like it I bet. The installation is a no-brainer.

• 1 month later...

A little over a month ago I said I was finished with my ShorMaker review and testing. It's a keeper. Now, having the SM installed for a couple of months or so and playing a lot of rounds I'm even more sold on the device.

I can absolutely say my driving accuracy is improved. Other guys have noticed it too. But they don't know I have the SM installed. They just think I'm driving the ball better. And I am.

I'm seriously thinking of buying another one and installing it in my 4w. Will I get same or similar results? I don't know but I think I should. I know one thing and that is the driver feels much better. That alone makes the SM a winner in my book.

• 2 months later...

Once again I'm prepping to put a ShotMaker I play. This time with my Wishon 929HS 16* FW wood. This head has a Wishon S2S Green 65gm shaft. It's profiled for a swing speed between 70-90 mph. I'm told it's somewhere between a S & R flex. I also believe it's a Robin Arthur design. Anyway...

I just finished installing the SM and it was a no-brainer. Took me about 5-6 minutes. The fit seems perfect and I didn't hear any rattle using the palm tap test. The reason I decided to try it in my FW wood is because I think I draw the ball a just a little too much most days. I also have had a SM in my driver for 5 months and love it. Although and overall; I play this FW club quite well. Like I've experienced with my driver (2014 SLDR) I'm hoping for a bit tighter shot dispersion. I'm going out shortly to the practice tee and see how my ball flight looks and the club feels. I'll probably get out on the course with my game balls and see what I can see there as well.

I'll be back.

First impressions----

I didn't have a good session at the practice tee really. I suppose once I got there I just wasn't into hitting balls or something. I worked through a 56*, 8i, 6i, then moved to the 4w with the ShotMaker installed. Of course like with my SLDR the club head felt much more solid... better actually. Liked it. I hit perhaps 15 shots and I'd say all is well. Nothing crazy to report. I wasn't producing as much draw but I was hitting downwind a bit with perhaps a 10-15mph behind me at times. I was drawing the ball some but not as much as normal. The wind straightened it out a some. Distance? I'd say the same but I was hitting range balls only tonight. Ball height? About the same which is for me is a mid-height ball flight. I didn't feel like venturing out on the course after all so nothing to report with game balls.

I'll be playing this Friday so I'll be better able to put the SM to the test and evaluate it more. But so far I think it'll be good.

Yesterday I put the Shotmaker into play during my usual Saturday game. I only had two opportunities to hit my 4w with the newly installed SM. Both times I made a good shot with my normal ball flight and distance.

Since I've commented many times about the SM some might ask what's the point in putting a SM in my driver and now 4w if my shots are like I've been producing before SM. I answer that by saying especially concerning my driver (SM installed 12-2016) is that my shot dispersion is better and the overall fell of the club is much improved. I expect the same results with the SM now installed in my 4w. I now have 2 SM's one in my driver (17D) and my 4w (83D)

Also, this morning I was reading and older ShotMaker post started back in June of 2011. Lots of information there and I read replies from many members that are still around here. Guys like MmmmmBuddy, Meyer, RookieBlue to name a few. Are you guys still using the ShotMaker?

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/3813-harrison-shotmaker/page-1?hl=%20balance%20%20certified

https://www.mygolfspy.com/harrison-shotmaker-review/

Archived