TESTERS WANTED! ×

Paige Spiranac's Emotional Response

Joey East Coast

Its easy to forget that celebrities are people too. We shoot a lot of arrows behind the mask of anonymity. Here at MGS, we should continue to set a better example and hold the standards higher than "other golf sites" in regards to the manner in which we critique and criticize.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I think we already do.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I think we already do.

No argument there. Just a friendly reminder. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I've followed Paige since before she was even Instagram famous and I've heard/seen quite a few interviews with her. She has always seemed very genuine and like a great individual. Kudos to her for speaking up on a topic that hit close to home. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Internet bullying has been around for far to long. It is sad that better methods have not been used or developed to find and punish these people.

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Those who said she didn't play well enough or whatever need to get their butts out there and see if they can do better. I'd bet the ranch those clowns couldn't hold a candle to that sweet young Lady.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've been out of the loop for a while. What did she do that the trolls are upset about?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I've been out of the loop for a while. What did she do that the trolls are upset about?

I'm guessing she's pretty and isn't #1 in the world, therefore terrible at golf and just a pretty face posing to get attention.

Those are not my opinions, but what I figure the trolls are thinking.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I didn't hear her mention exactly what the comments were however more often than not, they're from jealous people who have nothing better to do than taunt good honest folks.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Paige is a beautiful woman and I think that immediately draws attention to her, both positive and negative, but she's a really wonderful person, a great role model for younger girls and a great ambassador for the game.  It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there like she has.  Sadly there are a lot of people out there today who live their lives to bring others down.

I think MGS has done a great job staying above all the negative bull crap that runs wild on other forums and in social media, which is one of the things that drew me to the site.

She certainly doesn't deserve to get the abuse, but she probably hasn't earnt her fame and profile. If she was male, no one would even glance.  I can understand her trying to build a profile, but it certainly doesn't help womens sport (or women in general) when playing the looks card is the first option many girls (and marketers) take.

As the father of two tall, athletic, intelligent, attractive daughters, I would like to think what they do is more important than how they look.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

She doesn't deserve it... nobody deserves it.

But being a celebrity, you need more psychological strength than us mortals... you have to deal with it on a daily-basis, the constant bashing, the haters, etc...

I don't follow her at all, but I guess this is one of those cases like Anna Kournikova. Beautiful athlete, but never won anything big... for the haters, she was just a pretty face with no game.

As sad it sounds, if you want to stand in the spotlight, you'll need the stomach to endure it (take a look at Tiger).

The address should be addressed at a much earlier stage: education system.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

So, I spend a lot of time managing another community that surrounds another sport. Internet bullying, is, IMO at least, the scourge of our 'online' culture and is at the heart of so many problems we are just starting to see. It will get worse before it gets better too :(. I could write a book about the subject, but suffice it to say, that my experience tells me that young males are the most common, but the young females? they aren't as common, but the ones that play in those waters are absolutely vicious and cut throat.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

This topic caused me to remember a genuine tragedy.   Several years ago, my home club hosted what was then called the Futures Tour.   On Monday and Tuesday, the ladies would play with members for their local knowledge input.   I had the pleasure of a round with a young lady, Erica Blasberg.   Not only was she extremely attractive, she was a genuinely nice person and I had an enjoyable afternoon.  When the wife saw her, she said, I bet you did have a good time.  Around a year or so later, it was reported that Erica committed suicide.   While my time with her was just a round of golf, I would have never guessed or figured she would take such an action, she just seemed like a really nice lady pursuing a golf career.   It just goes to show, you never know what may be in the mind of others, even those with some celebrity.   

While I'm not sure how to define a cyber bully, I suspect that they are like most other bullies--compensating cowards, compounded by low self esteem.

She doesn't deserve it... nobody deserves it.

But being a celebrity, you need more psychological strength than us mortals... you have to deal with it on a daily-basis, the constant bashing, the haters, etc...

I don't follow her at all, but I guess this is one of those cases like Anna Kournikova. Beautiful athlete, but never won anything big... for the haters, she was just a pretty face with no game.

As sad it sounds, if you want to stand in the spotlight, you'll need the stomach to endure it (take a look at Tiger).

The address should be addressed at a much earlier stage: education system.

Kournikova was billed as a prodigy though. She showed large amounts of talent even at an early age. She also was one of the best doubles players in the world. She just never really lived up to the hype with her singles career. I feel like this happens alot when someone is young/ attractive and they get distracted from their main goal (competing) because someone (usually a parent or agent) wants to market them. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

All the hatred boils down oftentimes to jealousy and envy.  I will agree, though, that she and anyone who puts themselves out there needs to have thick skin.  For every 2 supporters you'll likely have 1 person who curses your name (even though they don't know you at all).  Social media is a good thing but it also gives a voice to people who probably need to have duct tape over there mouth most of the time.

I've got to say...

There is another young woman they are spotlighting over on golfWrX. She 's sexy and likes to pose and showoff her assets. Ok fine. She's only setting herself up for all the crap that goes along with the interest. Some will be good and some not good. What's the point in putting yourself out there if you can't stand the heat? And... the heat will come sadly.

I can't really have much sympathy for women that set themselves up like this and are then are crushed-shocked-crying when people pick on them.

Sad reality.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've got to say...

There is another young woman they are spotlighting over on golfWrX. She 's sexy and likes to pose and showoff her assets. Ok fine. She's only setting herself up for all the crap that goes along with the interest. Some will be good and some not good. What's the point in putting yourself out there if you can't stand the heat? And... the heat will come sadly.

I can't really have much sympathy for women that set themselves up like this and are then are crushed-shocked-crying when people pick on them.

Sad reality.

I agree with most of this she did set her self up for it. Such a shame that people can't just keep their mouths or keyboards shut...golf is a fun game meant to be enjoyed by MANY different people however they want to enjoy it, regardless of gender. Her experience is simply a cruel truth to becoming "Instagram famous." I do hope Paige can find a groove and prove the haters wrong. Nothing like a good underdog story stay classy MGS!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I'm have a hard time understanding "cyber bullying".  Turn off your feeds, stop paying attention, don't post your whole life on instagram and facebook.   Oh, you can't because your making money off those things?  Then get tough and ignore the dillweeds that post crap.

As someone who was physically bullied in school I would have loved to have been verbally bullied.  I developed a sharp tongue to combat bullies until I grew big enough to fight back physically.  To those who say words hurt then lets have a fight; you hurl insults at me while I swing a 2 x 4.  I'll bet I don't hurt as much as you when we are done.

Thank God our armed forces are made up of tougher people than much of our population.

Driver:  Honma BeZeal 9.5 degree S flex

FW:  Adams Tight Lies 2022 3 wood & 5 wood

Irons: Giga Golf Reva 3-PW stiff UST 70 gram shafts,  Mizuno t-7 52degree

SW:  Mizuno T22 55 degree

Putter:  Inazone Stand up

Bullying is not ok.

Being critical when someone is obviously being used by brands to promote them is fine.

Asking if this is the right way to promote womens golf is fine.

The latest new star to come from Instagram is Chelsea Pezzola. She was given an invitation to Omega Dubai Ladies Masters, the final on Ladies European Tour. She scored 82-82 (+20) and ended up last. Three shots behind the next player. 82 is actually as expected. Her average score in college was 81+ shots.

Paige Spiranac is a smart person. She probably knew what she was doing. Almost. She's an ok golfer too.

Chelsea Pezzola can't possibly have understood what's going on. Sponsors pushing her forward in media. Stories being written. Posing in sports underwear on Instagram. Invitations given - cuts missed. Can't see this being positive for anyone involved.

How about we break the mold and step up and do something when we see Internet bullying. I believe all social sites have a way to report it.

If we can sell out a golf ball. Maybe we can do a little good in this area as well?

Just a thought.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Cyber bullying? Turn off the computer, step away. Most sites do have ways of blocking and reporting people.

Backlash was always bound to happen with that much exposure, didn't help she was invited to an LPGA event without going through qualifiers and then missing the cut with big #'s.

I've never followed "trick shot" accounts, so I found out about her from a golf digest cover

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

As long as you have the next president setting an example to young men in mocking and insulting other candidates on his way to winning by bullying, insulting and mocking other candidates, this type of behavior will be seen as an not only acceptable, but the smart way of acting towards others..

It takes bullying to a whole new level of acceptance that it had never seen before.

It now has the seal of approval and nothing is going to change it for a long time.

The sight of a presidential candidate mocking another as was the case when Hillary Clinton stumbled while walking to her car due to the effects of an illness set a new standard for obnoxious disgusting behavior towards another that we have never seen.

Behavior seen by millions..

If you don't think seeing this makes people think, especially young men this is a totally acceptable way of treating others, you are kidding yourself..

Agreed. Not sure where that came from but wow.

The bullying Paige is contending with comes from keyboard warriors with no life and no respect for themselves or others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This crap really has a nothing to do with Trump.

Trump has made it socially acceptable to make fun of disabled journalists, hate muslims and praise Hitler. 

Bigtazz Golf said we should stand up against bullying and trolls. What Trump and his fans are doing is the opposite. They're feeding it.

When your president makes fun of people on Twitter - why can't you?

Archived