Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Paige Spiranac's Emotional Response

Joey East Coast

I don't think political remarks are necessary in a golf forum.  It's too easy to open up a bucket of worms and piss a lot of folks off.  Just my opinion.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

We have few rules here - be kind, be respectful and be honest.

And let's do our level best to keep politics out of our discussions.

I remember talking with a Boston cop many years ago about gang violence, and if he ever got discouraged that the police couldn't stop it.

He said "there's nothing happening right here, right now. And maybe people here will find they like it that way."

We can't change or stop cyber bullying on the internet, but we can stop it here. And I think you guys like it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This thread went off the rails in a hurry, didn't it? Kind of ironic it devolved into the very thing we were attempting to discuss. Maybe the hive mind is the problem?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

I remember talking with a Boston cop many years ago about gang violence, and if he ever got discouraged that the police couldn't stop it.

He said "there's nothing happening right here, right now. And maybe people here will find they like it that way."

We can't change or stop cyber bullying on the internet, but we can stop it here. And I think you guys like it that way.

Well said, sir. You should be, like, a moderator or something.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Let's try to live by the three basic rules of life:

Never pee into the wind

Avoid playing poker against someone whose first name is the same as a city

Try to avoid talking about politics and religion.

What the hell... I didn't pay attention to this thread for 2 days and yall couldn't keep it on the rails lol

Golf Course Fire.jpg

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I think Paige is feeling better now. She got engaged while in Dubai... a former minor league baseball player in the D-rays organization.

Son of B... I actually woulda had a shot then.

I'll play him straight up for her...

Someone get me a Triton with the screws in the high fade setting.

Sent from my LG-AS990 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

This topic caused me to remember a genuine tragedy.   Several years ago, my home club hosted what was then called the Futures Tour.   On Monday and Tuesday, the ladies would play with members for their local knowledge input.   I had the pleasure of a round with a young lady, Erica Blasberg.   Not only was she extremely attractive, she was a genuinely nice person and I had an enjoyable afternoon.  When the wife saw her, she said, I bet you did have a good time.  Around a year or so later, it was reported that Erica committed suicide.   While my time with her was just a round of golf, I would have never guessed or figured she would take such an action, she just seemed like a really nice lady pursuing a golf career.   It just goes to show, you never know what may be in the mind of others, even those with some celebrity.   

While I'm not sure how to define a cyber bully, I suspect that they are like most other bullies--compensating cowards, compounded by low self esteem.

I enjoyed the tourney.  I was sad to hear about Erica as well.  Who was the Pro we got teamed up with, as I can't quite remember her name, but still have the team picture on my desk at home (we should of had her sign it!)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I enjoyed the tourney.  I was sad to hear about Erica as well.  Who was the Pro we got teamed up with, as I can't quite remember her name, but still have the team picture on my desk at home (we should of had her sign it!)

MDGolfHacker

Carolina and you were a different team than I.   I played with the buds with whom I played in the previous years, so unfortunately, I don't remember the name of your pro.   My buds and I played with a young Korean girl named Keyong Bae.   She stood all of about 3 feet (yes an exaggeration) but continuingly out drove me and the buds.   I remember thinking how does she do that.   She made it to the LPGA the next year, but her tenure was brief.  

Trump has made it socially acceptable to make fun of disabled journalists, hate muslims and praise Hitler. 

Bigtazz Golf said we should stand up against bullying and trolls. What Trump and his fans are doing is the opposite. They're feeding it.

When your president makes fun of people on Twitter - why can't you?

Not  trying to make excuses but.....this kind of "making fun of" and "hate" has been going on LONG before Trump "made it acceptable".  Difference now is people are doing it in a forum that reaches a lot more folks.  It's no worse than what went on after 9/11 when muslims were targeted.  The difference is today we hear or read EVERY time someone does it. 

Driver:  Honma BeZeal 9.5 degree S flex

FW:  Adams Tight Lies 2022 3 wood & 5 wood

Irons: Giga Golf Reva 3-PW stiff UST 70 gram shafts,  Mizuno t-7 52degree

SW:  Mizuno T22 55 degree

Putter:  Inazone Stand up

31c29a33b22fc203e8f5855c30c31399f7ea410d

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

If she felt wronged and said something about it (fought back), good for her. If someone looks good and uses their own (not anyone else's) looks to advance their life, is it any skin off anyone else's back? "Bullying" is wrong, no matter what - does she deserve to be attacked because she looks good and wants to show off a bit? Maybe the LPGA should mandate bhurkas to make sure everyone's favorite player is such only on the basis of her play. Would that make us all happy, or would the majority of us be unhappy with the result that a vocal minority were able to secure?

And everyone likes Brad Pitt because he's such a great actor.😉

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 3 weeks later...

She uses her body, and yes its way above average, to get a leg up on her competition as far as sponsors.  Thats the world we still live in.  She takes LOTS of selfies in clothes that barely cover her curves.  People are always going to be trolls.  They are friggin everywhere.  My first wife died when my son was 11 months old.  Somebody in an online game he was playing asked if that was his mom that said something (someones mic picked up a woman talking about getting off the game)  He said, no and they aregued with him.  when he finally said, dude, my mom died when i was a baby, another person immediately said "she probably killed herself because how bad you suck"  i mean it was IMMEDIATE.. people just suck in general.  

If you look at all the people that follow her... no i am not one.. but I have looked at her photos, there are a ton of posts about all the things they want to do to her, and more about how she sucks.  

People really are awful, especially when there are no consequences, and if they can make themselves feel better and stay behind the shield of anonymity, then they will generally say things that they would be terrified to say to someones face...

Thanks for sharing GG.  Your small story is happeneing at an alarming pace, where kids smack talk back to others.  I believe this comes from our kids watching too much ESPN, WWE, NASCAR, NBA, etc. where all they report are bad talking athletes.  We should push our kids to play outdoors more...like our parents did. (I heard someone say that they all played outdoors simply because their house was too small.)

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Carolina and you were a different team than I.   I played with the buds with whom I played in the previous years, so unfortunately, I don't remember the name of your pro.   My buds and I played with a young Korean girl named Keyong Bae.   She stood all of about 3 feet (yes an exaggeration) but continuingly out drove me and the buds.   I remember thinking how does she do that.   She made it to the LPGA the next year, but her tenure was brief.  

MDGolfHacker

Our Pro one  year was Becky Lucidi who played college golf at USC and was on one of the early seasons of The Big Break.  She was a blast to play with, I remember her very early on giving me hell over some bad shots asking "why exactly did these guys ask you to be on their team"   We knew right then she'd fit in.  

The next year we had the cute Scottish girl, Allison and I'm drawing a blank on her last name right now, although SHTerp and I kept in contact with her for a while during that season as she was playing in Europe.  She was very sweet and I remember you guys giving me a hard time as she sat in the front with Terp and I the whole round...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Not to take anything away from her but she is ranked something like 1097 in the world right now. She's taking away attention from good young players like Brooke Henderson and others. This attention is based solely on her looks and obviously not accomplishments due to her world rankings. I think that what is bugging most people about this whole situation .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Its easy to forget that celebrities are people too. We shoot a lot of arrows behind the mask of anonymity. Here at MGS, we should continue to set a better example and hold the standards higher than "other golf sites" in regards to the manner in which we critique and criticize.

bullying not good but she parade s herself around in the skimpiest outfits short shorts tight skirts etc sex and or looking sexy sells. Dont get me wrong she is smoken hot but if she wants less crack back ease up on the youtube vids and go practice.

Archived