Joey East Coast

Paige Spiranac's Emotional Response

Our Sponsors

I'm have a hard time understanding "cyber bullying".  Turn off your feeds, stop paying attention, don't post your whole life on instagram and facebook.   Oh, you can't because your making money off those things?  Then get tough and ignore the dillweeds that post crap.

As someone who was physically bullied in school I would have loved to have been verbally bullied.  I developed a sharp tongue to combat bullies until I grew big enough to fight back physically.  To those who say words hurt then lets have a fight; you hurl insults at me while I swing a 2 x 4.  I'll bet I don't hurt as much as you when we are done.

Thank God our armed forces are made up of tougher people than much of our population.

• Like 3

Bullying is not ok.

Being critical when someone is obviously being used by brands to promote them is fine.

Asking if this is the right way to promote womens golf is fine.

The latest new star to come from Instagram is Chelsea Pezzola. She was given an invitation to Omega Dubai Ladies Masters, the final on Ladies European Tour. She scored 82-82 (+20) and ended up last. Three shots behind the next player. 82 is actually as expected. Her average score in college was 81+ shots.

Paige Spiranac is a smart person. She probably knew what she was doing. Almost. She's an ok golfer too.

Chelsea Pezzola can't possibly have understood what's going on. Sponsors pushing her forward in media. Stories being written. Posing in sports underwear on Instagram. Invitations given - cuts missed. Can't see this being positive for anyone involved.

• Like 2

How about we break the mold and step up and do something when we see Internet bullying. I believe all social sites have a way to report it.

If we can sell out a golf ball. Maybe we can do a little good in this area as well?

Just a thought.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

• Like 8

Cyber bullying? Turn off the computer, step away. Most sites do have ways of blocking and reporting people.

Backlash was always bound to happen with that much exposure, didn't help she was invited to an LPGA event without going through qualifiers and then missing the cut with big #'s.

I've never followed "trick shot" accounts, so I found out about her from a golf digest cover

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I find a lot of the responses on this thread pretty disconcerting. Lots of blame for the victim. #rapeculture is very real

• Like 2

Do I agree with her methods of getting attention? No. But does her wearing tight clothing make it acceptable for people to verbally harass her? Absolutely not.

• Like 3

As long as you have the next president setting an example to young men in mocking and insulting other candidates on his way to winning by bullying, insulting and mocking other candidates, this type of behavior will be seen as an not only acceptable, but the smart way of acting towards others..

It takes bullying to a whole new level of acceptance that it had never seen before.

It now has the seal of approval and nothing is going to change it for a long time.

The sight of a presidential candidate mocking another as was the case when Hillary Clinton stumbled while walking to her car due to the effects of an illness set a new standard for obnoxious disgusting behavior towards another that we have never seen.

Behavior seen by millions..

If you don't think seeing this makes people think, especially young men this is a totally acceptable way of treating others, you are kidding yourself..

• Like 3

This crap really has a nothing to do with Trump.

Agreed. Not sure where that came from but wow.

The bullying Paige is contending with comes from keyboard warriors with no life and no respect for themselves or others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Agreed. Not sure where that came from but wow.

The bullying Paige is contending with comes from keyboard warriors with no life and no respect for themselves or others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This crap really has a nothing to do with Trump.

Trump has made it socially acceptable to make fun of disabled journalists, hate muslims and praise Hitler. 

Bigtazz Golf said we should stand up against bullying and trolls. What Trump and his fans are doing is the opposite. They're feeding it.

When your president makes fun of people on Twitter - why can't you?

• Like 2

Holy crap some people on here are absolutely brutal. Time for a break

• Like 1

I don't think political remarks are necessary in a golf forum.  It's too easy to open up a bucket of worms and piss a lot of folks off.  Just my opinion.

• Like 6

And blaming someone else for ones own lack of morals/good behavior is pretty pathetic.

• Like 3

This thread went off the rails in a hurry, didn't it? Kind of ironic it devolved into the very thing we were attempting to discuss. Maybe the hive mind is the problem?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

We have few rules here - be kind, be respectful and be honest.

And let's do our level best to keep politics out of our discussions.

I remember talking with a Boston cop many years ago about gang violence, and if he ever got discouraged that the police couldn't stop it.

He said "there's nothing happening right here, right now. And maybe people here will find they like it that way."

We can't change or stop cyber bullying on the internet, but we can stop it here. And I think you guys like it that way.

Well said, sir. You should be, like, a moderator or something.

• Like 9

We have few rules here - be kind, be respectful and be honest.

And let's do our level best to keep politics out of our discussions.

I remember talking with a Boston cop many years ago about gang violence, and if he ever got discouraged that the police couldn't stop it.

He said "there's nothing happening right here, right now. And maybe people here will find they like it that way."

We can't change or stop cyber bullying on the internet, but we can stop it here. And I think you guys like it that way.

Let's try to live by the three basic rules of life:

Never pee into the wind

Avoid playing poker against someone whose first name is the same as a city

Try to avoid talking about politics and religion.

• Like 8