Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

What non-golf gear do you use for golf?

hckymeyer

I've thought about this for a while now, but after reading Bones piece on the Ozark Trail Tumbler http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17687-golfspy-bones-product-spotlight-ozark-trail-tumbler/?hl=ozarkI thought it was time to start a thread.

The question is this.  Are there any non-golf types of products that you have found useful on the course or for anything else golf related?

Another good one from a year ago comes from RookieBlue7 and it's using a Ryobi cordless fan on the windshield of a golf cart for hot day.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/14247-best-idea-my-uncle-has-had-maybe-ever/?hl=ryobi

One that my golfing group of guys use fairly often is a chalk line (without the chalk).  We play a game where you get points for neary so if it's really close we bust out the chalk line and measure to see who's got it.  It's quicker than a tape measure and you can get longer lengths without adding bulk.

So let's hear it, anything unusual you use or have seen?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thanks GSM, Somewhere along the way, I aquired a string in a rollup plastic case.  It fits flat in my bag and is used when we are measuring "Greenies" on the Par 3's for our Dot game.  It has a small hook on one end, just large enough to grab the flagstick.  Then we just pull out the string to measure.  It used to have a tiny handle to help roll it up until it broke.  I then made a small hole in the side and I now use a tee to help roll it up.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Does a "cup-holder ashtray" I use in my cart count? ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

My instructor told me to get a can of foot spray.   When practicing, I spray the face of my driver, it shows where on the face I made contact with the ball.   It's just a matter of wiping it off when finished.   I also spray a line immediately in front of the ball when practicing with my irons.  The object is for me to hit the ball as well as remove some of the spray. 

Right now, these are ALWAYS with me!

attachicon.gifth-2.jpg

Ordered a box of those and a box of the toe warmers on Amazon. Just got the notification they were delivered about 2 minutes ago.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Toe warmers?  I gotta see those!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Toe warmers?  I gotta see those!

Unfortunately I don't think it is as entertaining as you had hoped. But I could be wrong haha.

https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Adhesive-Warmer-pair-Value/dp/B00DPKYI3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481145527&sr=8-2&keywords=Toe+Warmers

My instructor told me to get a can of foot spray. When practicing, I spray the face of my driver, it shows where on the face I made contact with the ball. It's just a matter of wiping it off when finished. I also spray a line immediately in front of the ball when practicing with my irons. The object is for me to hit the ball as well as remove some of the spray.

AND, you can use it as foot spray for after the round, lol.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Unfortunately I don't think it is as entertaining as you had hoped. But I could be wrong haha.

https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Adhesive-Warmer-pair-Value/dp/B00DPKYI3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481145527&sr=8-2&keywords=Toe+Warmers

Now that's cool! We have a box of the hand warmers from Costco for the ski season. Never thought of using it for those cold golf rounds!

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

From my Practice Kit - Lowes driveway markers for alignment aids

http://www.mygolfspy.com/practice-kit-essentials/

attachicon.gifpractice-kit-aids.jpg

twitter: @cgblack54

In my bag Callaway Org 14:

Driver: 10.5° Callaway XR-16 shaft Miyazaky limited edition c. Kua 39 /stiff
3 Wood: 20° Callaway GBB Heavenwood shaft Fujikura Motore Speeder 665 R flex
Hybrid 4: 22°Callaway GBB UST Mamiya recoil F3
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 2015 5-PW shaft graphite UST Mamiya recoil F3 (2° flat) 
Wedges: MD3 S gring 49° bounce 10° (2° flat), MD3 S grind 54° bounce10°(1° flat) and MD3 58°bounce 8° shaft steel True Temper XP95 R300
Putter: Odyssey works #1 wide putter whith Odyssey Super Stroke slim 3.0
Ball
Titlest pro V1, Callaway supersoft ,Noodle long &soft.

GPS: Garmin S1

Range Finder: Nikon Aculon AL11 -  6X 

Bandaids

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Ever since I met Foz, I carry a flask with Wild Turkey Honey Sting in it.  Oh, I'm sorry... this was supposed to be non-golf gear!  Sorry!   :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ever since I met Foz, I carry a flask with Wild Turkey Honey Sting in it. Oh, I'm sorry... this was supposed to be non-golf gear! Sorry! :D

Now KennyB, you know that is essential golf gear for any bag!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Good call on the chalk line. Sounds much more useful than the wind up tape measure in a Ziploc bag with a notebook my group uses.

I carry a 30 oz Rtic cup with me at all times for...water. Flask of Fireball on cold days. Baseball pullovers (the micro mesh ones, think Easton or Mizuno) are better than the ones any golf company makes.

Possibly the most interesting selection of 'spikeless' golf shoes I've seen was a pair of baseball turf/training shoes a coach friend of mine wears on the course. Swears they give him as much or more traction than any golf shoe he's ever worn.

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

I'm thinking about adding this to my non golf accessories :P 

https://backalinebelt.com/pages/golf?cid=golf

I wouldn't need it as an everyday thing however I tweaked my back twice this year and I would have loved to own one of the puppies.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have a Tilley hat I use on really hot scorching days.  I probably should use it all the time.   I don't think it was made for golf, but it works. 

tm10b.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have a Tilley hat I use on really hot scorching days.  I probably should use it all the time.   I don't think it was made for golf, but it works. 

tm10b.jpg

A great hat!!  I bought one a few months ago when it was hot!  Maybe it was a few weeks ago?  Could have been last week, hell I don't know.  I think it was hot.  I've slept since then.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm thinking about adding this to my non golf accessories :P

https://backalinebelt.com/pages/golf?cid=golf

I wouldn't need it as an everyday thing however I tweaked my back twice this year and I would have loved to own one of the puppies.

If you get one, let me know how well it works.  Playing golf is not that hard on my back, but afterwards... that's what the hydrocodone and alcohol is for!

tm10b.jpg

I've been so busy at work and at home the past few weeks I had this moment yesterday.

A stubby holder, I think you Americans call it a beer coozie. I borrowed it from a guy I was playing with on my biggest beer day on course. Unsurprisingly I forgot to give it back when we finished, it was a 14 beer round.

Needles to say, my golf was less than stellar.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Does it count if I buy the fiberglass mailbox reflector rods for a dollar a piece at Home Depot instead of the $30 designer alignment sticks?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

see my new topic

twitter: @cgblack54

In my bag Callaway Org 14:

Driver: 10.5° Callaway XR-16 shaft Miyazaky limited edition c. Kua 39 /stiff
3 Wood: 20° Callaway GBB Heavenwood shaft Fujikura Motore Speeder 665 R flex
Hybrid 4: 22°Callaway GBB UST Mamiya recoil F3
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 2015 5-PW shaft graphite UST Mamiya recoil F3 (2° flat) 
Wedges: MD3 S gring 49° bounce 10° (2° flat), MD3 S grind 54° bounce10°(1° flat) and MD3 58°bounce 8° shaft steel True Temper XP95 R300
Putter: Odyssey works #1 wide putter whith Odyssey Super Stroke slim 3.0
Ball
Titlest pro V1, Callaway supersoft ,Noodle long &soft.

GPS: Garmin S1

Range Finder: Nikon Aculon AL11 -  6X 

About practice-kit-aids:

I own the  Zepp-golf sensor (and the app on my smartphone):

Who can tell me how much difference there is (mph) between the measurement of the clubhead speed made with Zepp-golf amoung Trackman (or other launch monitor)?

Thanks.

I don't know the answer.  You might have better results by starting a new thread with your question.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived