TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why do you play the clubs you play?

cnosil

My philosophy is a rather odd one. First I find something in my price range, then I research it until I am content. I shape how I think the club will feel and sound based off of the picture and this will change based off of the reviews I read. This is usually my approach for buying irons. The next step after researching is to go and hit what clubs I can from the used section at my local store. If they don't have the irons I want used then they kind of go on the back burner for me. This happened with the Srixon 545 irons. I wanted to hit them and try them out first before I bought them, but my store didn't carry them so I had to look at other irons.

For my driver I honestly don't have a set method. I usually look for a certain shape or style, hit it, check the spin and launch, compare the feel and sound, and then buy it if all requirements are met. Very rarely do I buy something without testing it before. Only time I have ever done this was with my SLDR driver, still one of my favorite clubs to date.

As for my wedges, i just try and find the loft and bounce I want, then I look at the style of the club head and the color,. If I don't hate it then I might get it. I have never hit a wedge and thought it was head and shoulders above the rest.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had quite an adventure getting new clubs this year. Once the Nike news came down the pipe I had to try a Vapor Fly Pro for $150 over my ol rocketballz stage one. I hit it pretty well and sold my TM to a friend to commit to the Nike. Then I saw the flex 440 and had to have it. I ordered one and sold the Vapor Fly Pro. 3 weeks and three broken heads later I was out of a driver and heart broken. I loved the flex, I really did, but not built to last. Any way I went to PGA superstore and got fitted for Cobra f6+ x shaft and it's great. Awesome club.

So basically once I sold my first driver before the Nike I proceeded just go ham on the rest of the bag. Cobra cell amps were out and Nike Vapor Speeds in ( I love them) Cobra Bio cell hybrid out, Nike Vapor Fly hybrid in. All in all it was a crazy summer to get new clubs but it was fun. My Odyssey versa two ball is never leaving the bag.

Handicap is 8. Cheers fellas

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

I would kill to have my old 16.5* V Steel bag! I'm constantly scouring eBay and the like in search of one, but I can only find 3 and 5 woods. One day one will pop up...

Might be your lucky day, there is one listed on eBay now. I stumbled across it when looking for a V Steel 5 wood.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TaylorMade-V-Steel-16-5-Degree-4-Fairway-Wood-Steel-Regular-Flex-239323-Used-/351699510092?hash=item51e2eca34c:g:whcAAOSw-CpX~sFM

Hopefully the link works, and the price is good. I waited years to find a V Steel 3 wood which is in my holiday bag.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Back on topic, it's all about performance for me.

Sure, I'm less likely to try something that isn't appealing to my eye, but if it works I keep it.

I've tried to improve my driver, but can't find anything to match it, let alone beat it. I would love to try the same Grafalloy Epic in a modern head as this shaft is amazingly well suited to my swing. The first time I swung my old Nickent with this shaft in it I was blown away. I wasn't fitted for it, but it was so cheap I took a punt.

I changed irons just over a year ago, after deciding my Titleist CB/MB combo irons with Rifle 6 shafts were too much for me, and damaging my game. I went fo something easier to hit. The score is what matters, not what you hit.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I play what I play mainly based on what clubs give me the best miss.  I typically want clubs where the miss is consistent and keeps me in play.  Feel at impact is important to me as well.

I feel that I could get along with most drivers and putters, but was fit into both.  I haven't changed my putter for a few years and it's the oldest club in my bag.  I'll get ancy every now and then and put a couple other putters in play, but the Scotty always wins out in the end.  For my driver, I seem ti change it once a season, although I'm always very happy with whatever driver I have in the bag.  

I had a chance to play my irons a couple times on the course and really liked them, so when I saw someone was selling brand new heads, I jumped at it and put them in iron shafts I had lying around I really liked and haven't had much of a desire to change them out.  They're the best irons I've played; great feel, look sharp at address and incredibly forgiving.  My miss with them is low on the face, which really ends up being a loss of distance.  For me though, how I hit the 6i in the set is a big watermark with how I get along with the whole set and the 6i is my favorite.  

Hybrids and fairway woods are a revolving door for me.  It's usually what is filling a distance gap, what can I hit off the deck (for fw's) and out of the rough (hybos).  I prefer iron replacement hybrids and the Apex head shape is exactly what I like.  The forgiveness with that kind of shape is a first and instead of being distance monsters, give me a consistent distance and are versatile in any kind of lies.  On fairway woods, I'm actually considering switching to the M2, purely based on liking them better than the GBB.  

Wedges have always been a strong suit.  I have the ones in my bag now because they're incredibly versatile and very easy to hit out of the rough and bunkers.  I don't even have to open them up, which makes it easier and more consistent as well.  I think the shape and what I read about the wedge intrigued me, so I went to the local GG and hit them a bunch, then grabbed one and used it at a short game practice area for a few areas.  

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

I'm a looks and feel kind of guy.  My irons (Callaway Razr XF) have forged heads and they feel almost as good as a warm hiney on a cold December morning. ;)  I love the shafts (True Temper GS 95 Steel). They are as close to graphite as you can get and the ball flight is prettier than a bowl of collards, cornbread, and blackeye peas on New Year's day.

My hybrids (Callaway Razr) are a comfort thing. I hit hybrids much better than fairway woods. It's a mental thing I suppose anyways I have bagged these hybrids longer than Minnie Pearl sang at the opry. jk

My driver (Ping G25) is an old friend that keeps hanging around. It won't  win any long drive contests, especially with me at the wheel, however she's my buddy and gives me that warm and cozy feel. 

My current putter ( Odyssey 2 ball fang) is looking pretty darn good as a repeat starter for the 2017 season.  

I would be more apt to try a new driver or putter than change out my irons although those srixon iron reviews you boys posted on here have me licking my chops like a boar hawg in a slop slurping contest.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I would love the opportunity to try 'non retail' clubs. I've hit a few at a great fitter in Euless, TX, just haven't had the funds available to spring for the fitting and clubs.

I'm excited for the day my entire bag is truly custom fit from driver through wedge, as opposed to the closest approximation found piecemeal.

I think you're referring to The Golf Station. I've heard a lot of good things about them and the owner Tim Brantley*. It appears they lean more to the major retail brands now days as I don't see any KZG, Alpha, Wishon listed on their site. However, a few years ago when I was interviewing fitters/builders they did have them because that's what we specifically discussed. I have a friend I work with that has a set built by them. I've seen them. I forget what brand they are.... perhaps Alpha? They are sweet clubs.

However, a full fitting and a custom build done in house will cost more as opposed to having your specs sent to Cobra, Taylormade, Ping, etc. for example and then the clubs sent back. I personally would seek a fitter that builds each club by hand to exact specs. It's worth the extra cost.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'll have to check that out Stu! Thanks!

That Bobby Jones hybrid you have in your signature is a good one. A friend of mine has one and it hits good. His has a Senior flex shaft in it and it is not quite enough shaft for me right now.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm a looks and feel kind of guy.  My irons (Callaway Razr XF) have forged heads and they feel almost as good as a warm hiney on a cold December morning. ;)  I love the shafts (True Temper GS 95 Steel). They are as close to graphite as you can get and the ball flight is prettier than a bowl of collards, cornbread, and blackeye peas on New Year's day.

My hybrids (Callaway Razr) are a comfort thing. I hit hybrids much better than fairway woods. It's a mental thing I suppose anyways I have bagged these hybrids longer than Minnie Pearl sang at the opry. jk

My driver (Ping G25) is an old friend that keeps hanging around. It won't  win any long drive contests, especially with me at the wheel, however she's my buddy and gives me that warm and cozy feel. 

My current putter ( Odyssey 2 ball fang) is looking pretty darn good as a repeat starter for the 2017 season.  

I would be more apt to try a new driver or putter than change out my irons although those srixon iron reviews you boys posted on here have me licking my chops like a boar hawg in a slop slurping contest.

ROTFLMAO!  You darn sure put that in a Southern Redneck way-- I understood you perfectly others may not but I did

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

ROTFLMAO!  You darn sure put that in a Southern Redneck way-- I understood you perfectly others may not but I did

haha I'm just telling like it is bruther :D 

Cleveland

That Bobby Jones hybrid you have in your signature is a good one. A friend of mine has one and it hits good. His has a Senior flex shaft in it and it is not quite enough shaft for me right now.

Oh man Stu, don't get me started on my Bobby Jones hybrid! I've tried every hybrid out there, and none of them have come close to kicking this thing out of the bag. I love it. It's got a horrible shaft in it, and I keep meaning to put a V2 hybrid shaft in it, but for as little as I hit it it's been going strong.

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

I think you're referring to The Golf Station. I've heard a lot of good things about them and the owner Tim Brantley*. It appears they lean more to the major retail brands now days as I don't see any KZG, Alpha, Wishon listed on their site. However, a few years ago when I was interviewing fitters/builders they did have them because that's what we specifically discussed. I have a friend I work with that has a set built by them. I've seen them. I forget what brand they are.... perhaps Alpha? They are sweet clubs.

However, a full fitting and a custom build done in house will cost more as opposed to having your specs sent to Cobra, Taylormade, Ping, etc. for example and then the clubs sent back. I personally would seek a fitter that builds each club by hand to exact specs. It's worth the extra cost.

Yes sir, I am referring to the Golf Station I really enjoyed meeting Tim, and he seems to do great work, I just haven't had the chance to do a full fitting. And you're right, he seems to have gone away from component companies and more towards the bigger OEMs.

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Honestly, my current "what's in the bag" just kinda happened, it wasn't because of my knowledge of equipment or some sort of educated plan. I suspect a lot has to do with the fact that I purchase my golf stuff from a small locally owned and operated golf shop.   The closest "big boy" is about 40 minutes away.   It's kind of like "Cheers", it's good to go where everyone knows your name (and in this instance my game as well).   When it comes to Christmas, the Anniversary, or birthdays, the wife knows just to get me some golf stuff.   So she goes to this shop and asks what should I get the old man.  When she says, I think he needs some golf balls, they immediately hand her the Pro-v's.   This is how I got my clubs other than my irons.  As far as the irons, they called me to let me know the Callaway fitters were coming to the shop.  So I went they fitted me so I use Callaways.  They were a birthday gift from the wife.  If it had been the TaylorMade reps, I would probably be playing TaylorMades.   Computers and golf stuff, I must admit to some illiteracy.

I've had my clubs since 2011, I was custom fitted to them, I have demoed many other clubs since then, but nothing gives me the results I get with my current gamers...

Driver              SLDR TP 10.5* with Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60 Tour X, 44.25"

3W                  Ping G25 with Diamana White Board D+ 82X, 42.5", tipped .5"

Driving Iron     Callaway X Prototype Utility with Tour AD DI 105X

Irons               4-P Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype with KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges          Cleveland RTX-588 46, 50, 54, 58 with True Temper DG Tour X100

Putter              Odyssey White Hot Pro Tour V-Line with Super Stroke 1.0 Pistol GT Tour, 33.25"

Golf Ball          Kirkland Signatures and Chrome Soft 2016

Nice and simple - they make me enjoy they game.

I enjoy looking at them

I enjoy how they feel

I enjoy how they perform.

My driver and irons were fit to me

My putter was fit to me

All my clubs give me fantastic performance to help me score well, but it all comes back to enjoyment.  Playing the clubs that I have makes me happy.

response are very interesting.  I would have thought more people would be doing comparisons on launch monitors instead of going by looks/feel.    For those that said performance,  I'd be more interested in how you measure performance of your clubs.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

response are very interesting.  I would have thought more people would be doing comparisons on launch monitors instead of going by looks/feel.    For those that said performance,  I'd be more interested in how you measure performance of your clubs.

For me it's ball flight with the irons along with carry distance. I hit my irons consistently the same distance (on average) with a very pleasing trajectory IMO. Having a monitor to get precise with it, would be cool, however I don't have access, so I have to go with visual and feel.  I have hit some of my friend's seven irons (against my 7 iron) with results that are much worse than my own irons.  Yea it could be the shaft to include flex for sure, or it could be the loft built into the irons, and the design of the head. Players, GI & and SGI  irons are quite different, as they have different individual characteristics.  It could be a comfort thing, as I have played my irons for quite a few years now. What ever it is, I know for now, my current irons are better than what I have tried. Not very scientific however the feel is mighty sweet. As far as the looks go, my irons give me that give me another piece of warm apple pie with the cool whip kind of feel.

Cleveland

response are very interesting. I would have thought more people would be doing comparisons on launch monitors instead of going by looks/feel. For those that said performance, I'd be more interested in how you measure performance of your clubs.

I'm an old school guy too. Most of us grew up in a time when that tech stuff didn't exist. We learned to choose clubs and fit them based on feel.

I honestly think the GI and SGI irons, and other 'fitting based on handicap' is just the industry taking money from easy victims. Everyone starts playing, realizes it's harder than you think, and gets sucked into this 'forgiveness' sales pitch.

You go pay for a computer-aided fitting, buy some SGI irons based on your 30+ handicap, and try to play. Next year, you're down to low 20's, so you get a fitting for a set of GI irons, next year some CB's, and on and on...

A lot of younger guys just have a swing. Nothing more, just a repeatable swing with a different club depending on distance.

Way back when, you got a set of blades - no other option available. You learned to feel what worked as soon as you hit the ball, and you didn't want to feel the bad shots. No club has a specific distance - it varies depending on the shape of the shot, and the distance needed.

Further, as you got better, you could keep playing the same set you started with, and a lot of guys played the same set until there were no grooves left in the sweet spot.

I'm an uninformed hacker, never had a fitting, don't know my numbers on any clubs. I'm also a cheapskate, so all my clubs are trial and error purchased on reviews and bargains.

R1 TP w/Fujikura Speeder57 Evolution Stiff
Speedline Super S 3W 15* w/Matrix HD Radix S 60 Stiff
Idea Tech V4 3-hybrid Stiff
Blue Irons 5-PW TrueTemper Dynalite 85 Stiff
CG15 52* & 588 RTX 56* Wedges
Cure RXi

• 4 weeks later...

For me, it's what performs the best in tournaments. I have a driver sitting in a closet that give me better numbers at the range but I just didn't trust it when hitting a high fade and believing that it will fade back.

Callaway XR 5-pw kbs v tour 110 - callaway wedges 52/56/60 dif grinds gunmetal black 52/60 chrome 56 mack daddy wedge, 60 degree has low bounce. Driver Aeroburner 9.5 compz shaft stiff 3 wood aeroburner compz shaft stiff aeroburner mini driver standard stock saft stiff hybrid callaway big bertha recoil shaft stiff putter mallet face balanced odyssey v line

Bags

From the very beginning I chose my clubs mostly on looks and playability for my game. It has to look and feel right in my hands. I bought clubs that weren't right for my skill level at times and if I couldn't get use to them, they'd end up back at the store or sold on the bay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

My irons look good to me, feel good, and the ball flight is just right. This is my second set of the Cally XF Razr irons,

My hybrids are also Razr X and they are easy to hit and have that sit down and have a cold beer feel to em.

My driver (Ping G25). Has been around for a few years now. 2017 needs to be the year I get a good driver fitting...

I lOVE my Cleveland S wedge! Easy as eating black eye peas with corn bread ❤️

My putters are all in jeopardy of being benched so they better behave this season 🏻

Cleveland

response are very interesting. I would have thought more people would be doing comparisons on launch monitors instead of going by looks/feel. For those that said performance, I'd be more interested in how you measure performance of your clubs.

When I first started playing I went with what "The guy at the store told me I needed"

Fitting? What is this thing you speak of called Fitting?

As time went by and I became a better golfer, talked to club pros, played with better golfers whom I asked questions regarding the clubs they had, it slowly dawned on me the clubs I had were not really what I should be playing at my handicap. When I started playing breaking 100 was an achievement, breaking 90 was a day I still remember. I was still using clubs I bought off the rack at Dicks Sporting Goods. Around this time things start clicking in your head that perhaps the equipment could be part of the reason I can't break 80 and you begin to do "The Search for the perfect set".

This is when you start to think about distance and feel and performance. Over the past 6-8 years I have been chasing those goals and honing in on all three. I used to have a mixed bag of clubs that at the time I felt gave me some of the above criteria. I personally like sticking with one manufacturer for irons and putter. Driver and other woods (metals? Ugh - hate that word) I could do with whatever performed and felt good.

Recently I had a full bag fitting with TaylorMade and for me found the perfect combo for distance, feel and performance all from one company.

I gained 12-15 yards on my irons, they felt good and looked good.

It is always fun when standing on a 160 yd par 3 and my partners ask what I am hitting and I say 8 iron they shake their heads and pull out their 6 iron or 5 hybrid and ask me how is that possible.

To sum it up I would say Feel comes first, Performance second, Looks third for me. Then there is the fourth criteria Cost. That one is of course a individual criteria only you can answer (or your spouse). Since at my stage in life at 66 years old and retired I am willing to spend a bit more money on the game as it consumes so much of my time now that I do not work. Right now I am willing to spend whatever it takes to enjoy this thing called Golf.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

It is always fun when standing on a 160 yd par 3 and my partners ask what I am hitting and I say 8 iron they shake their heads and pull out their 6 iron or 5 hybrid and ask me how is that possible.

Must be because their clubs are a lot older, and your 8i has the same loft as their 6i?   :)  Good job!  A 160y 8i is very impressive for a 66 year old.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Must be because their clubs are a lot older, and your 8i has the same loft as their 6i? :) Good job! A 160y 8i is very impressive for a 66 year old.

He's going to embarrass DawgDaddy and I when we head up to play his course... . My six iron is at the 160ish mark with a few more yards in the warm weather.

Cleveland

He's going to embarrass DawgDaddy and I when we head up to play his course... . My six iron is at the 160ish mark with a few more yards in the warm weather.

Guess the balls fly further here in the mountains where the air is thin, the moonshine is cheap and the Georgia women are prettier.

Seriously though, when I switched to TaylorMade M2 irons I gained 12-15 yards. I also had my 8 iron bent to a 6 iron loft to impress my playing partners B)

Just kidding though they are a few degrees stronger.

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

Guess the balls fly further here in the mountains where the air is thin, the moonshine is cheap and the Georgia women are prettier.

Seriously though, when I switched to TaylorMade M2 irons I gained 12-15 yards. I also had my 8 iron bent to a 6 iron loft to impress my playing partners B)

Just kidding though they are a few degrees stronger.

Hey save me some of that shine when we head your way!  :D

Cleveland

Got to a curtain point where i couldnt just play off the shelf clubs. Everything in my bag has been carefully thought out, and hours of continuous "R&D". Honestly i wish i would have been fitted when i was in high school, i feel like my iron game has only improved since i got custom fitted for my Miuras. Now we are trying to figure out what shafts going to fit best for my high swing speed. Driver used to be my most consistent club in the bag, until about 4-5 years ago, basically once i stopped playing college golf. Even gone so far as to find old callaway heads i used to play lol

Clubs in Sig.  

Driver: 917D3 with Whiteboard 70x & Epic SZ (shaft testing)---Need help
Fairway Wood: 917F3 with 80X Whiteboard, Testing Epic SZ 3w as well (shaft testing)---Need help

Hybrid: Titleist H2 19* w/ Whiteboard 90x

Irons: Miura/Steel Fiber 110

Wedges: Titleist SM5 56, SM6 52

Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Ball: ProV1x/Callaway Chrome

• 1 month later...

Just found a set of irons that looked great and I hit them well. At this point I don't think I'll find anything better that I'm willing to pay for.

Mizuno JPX 825 4-G

Ping G25 Driver

Ping G400 Crossover 19*

Seemore Putter

Archived