TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why do you play the clubs you play?

cnosil

The info on the mizuno shaft optimizer is great info. While I am not playing muzunos I am playing the shaft that it recommended for me.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently, I have Pin Hawk SL (single length). Bobby Lopez, (PGA) who I've been working with on technique, built the set for me due to my ongoing back trouble. I find that the single length is making the game simple for me. I can be on the one plane for the majority of my clubs. The clubs allow me to play two days in a row. Before these clubs, I couldn't do that. It has given me a new lease on life

2012 Neck.jpg

2012 Low Back.jpg

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade R15, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Heat II Single Length Irons 4-AW, SW, LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

The info on the mizuno shaft optimizer is great info. While I am not playing muzunos I am playing the shaft that it recommended for me.

As much as I've gone to quiet a few demo days, I still haven't swung one of those. Need to do that and see if my current shafts are working for me or fighting me.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Great Topic,

After a couple years of playing used clubs, my instructor gave me a target . Once I got to that target score he said that it was time to be fitted.

I tried everything but found I loved the Callaway XR irons. I hit a couple other good but it all came down to feel and repeatably.

So 5 Iron thru Appoach wedge are Callaway XR

I also got in the set 2 Hybrids 3 and 4 Callaway XR

My driver used to be the Taylormade R1 but got fitted to a Callaway XR 16 with a Kuge shaft. 

Wedges used to be cleaveland but when I replaced them i got sw 54 and a 60 (rebent to 58) from Callaway Pre-Owned demo clubs

So One day looked in my bag and realized I had become a Callaway fan lol

Choosing a club comes down to three, very important criteria for me, in order; can I afford it, does it look cool, can I play it.

My current driver is a 2009 Taylormade burner I picked up used for $50. I'm gaming this club because it's in good condition and serviceable as a driver. I want a better club but it works and it has been at the back of the upgrade quench's for a while now.

I have been steadily adding cobra f6 hybrids & fairway woods to my quiver. Why? I found one on clearance at the Haggin Oaks super store. It looked super cool (it has metal things you can unscrew!), the price was great (I think I paid $85 for a new 4-5 hybrid on clearance) and it was really easy to hit. Score! After I got that, I picked up an f6 baffler and just got another f6 3-4 hybrid to fill the gap between them. Now, my clubs match, which I like, they didn't break the bank and I can hit the beer loving s*** out of them. Boxes checked.

Irons. I recently picked up a demo set of Hogan ft Worth 15's. These were in like new condition from global golf. Paid $389 for 5 though PW. From the day I saw these, I was sporting about 60 degrees of loft... in my pants. Even though I loved the look, I initially had no plans of ever getting them. I figured they were like other, older Hogan blades; impossible for mortals to hit. Well, I ended up grabbing a couple to demo on a whim (I demo clubs a lot because the Haggin Oaks super store will let you hit range balls for free if you are demoing clubs). Holy s***! Very easy to hit, felt great, felt right. I knew I had to get my hands on some. I went back inside and the sales guy told me they had filed for bankruptcy the day before. Bummer. Well, I found a good deal on line and here I am!

My only non-hogan wedge is a Vokey Sm6 56/10 which I purchased because I read Vokey wedges are good. All wedges feel more or less identical to me. When people see the Vokey in my bag, they know I'm a badass, so it's totally worth it.

I also have a putter. It is a Slotline knockoff of a ping anser that I got in 1994 or so. It has been a very consistent putter for me, always bad. In HS, I played on the golf team and was easily the worst at putting (the best was a guy whose name rhymes with "Trick Motney"). I have never liked putting and refuse to practice it. I did recently regrip it with a gigantic super stroke grip. This makes it look like a very expensive putter from a distance which is the effect i am going for. I will not waste my money on stupid putters.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I play ping G20 because they were what I was fit for. Unfortunately I went to golf tec. I did have a fitter that I felt did a good job for me but I only swung a 5 iron and a driver. After that it was determined I was a green dot with an extra inch added to the shaft and 1/16th inch bigger grip.

That was two years ago after only playing for a couple years. Knowing what I know now I have started the process of trying to do a brand agnostic fitting for each club and slowly replace the clubs in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

I am primarily of the 'find something that works and go with it' mentality.

My first set back when I took up the game 20-odd years ago was an Adams starter set. Used them for about a year while learning about the game and trying to find a swing.

Due to family and RL commitments, golf got put aside for a number of years. I finally pulled out the set 3 years ago and started taking lessons. Used them for about a year while trying to develop some sort of a repeatable swing. During that year I demoed some Hybrids at stores and from instructors before settling on the Adams Idea Pros. Bought a used 3 and 4 hybrid and closeted the 3, 5 and 7W that came with the Adams starter set. Learned the value of the short game and added some Mizuno wedges.

At the start of my second year I lost the 8-iron from the Adams set (left it at a driving range and it was not turned in) and tried to play through the gap while looking for a replacement set of irons - Figured since my set was 20 years old I could find something with newer technology. I demoed about a dozen club sets at stores before settling on a discounted demo set of Taylormade RSI2's. I did use the hitting bays when testing, watching the ball flight and such but, not knowing what I know now, I was not paying attention to the numbers, more of what produced decent ball flight, felt comfortable in my hands and had a decent price point. Still have them and am still enjoying the results I get with them. 

The wedges have been replaced with Cleveland 588's. I had found one of them on a course and turned it in. Happened to go back to the same course a month later and the owner apparently had not returned to pick it up as it was in the used club bin. Was able to borrow it for the round and even though it was much more used/abused than my wedges, I had better results with it. As the technology had been out for a little while I was able to get reasonably priced new ones off Ebay.

The original Adams driver got replaced by a Cobra Bio Cell that was donated to me by one of my instructors (here, I don't use this anymore and I cannot stand to see you use that older driver. It looks hideous. Please don't bring it to your lessons anymore). It serves me well and I have not seriously tried looking for a replacement. 

I toyed with putters during the first year back in the game, trying just about anything in stores, purchasing some used(cheap), before settling on a Odyssey White Hot counter-balanced model. Have been using it for two years now and have upgraded the grip to one of the over-sized versions. Still continue to peruse the stores and playing with the new toys but have not found anything that piqued my senses more than what I currently have.

With all that I have worked down to a 14 handicap and through the first part of last year was reasonably happy with my game. Knee problems reduced the amount of golf toward the end of the year but surgery is done, rehab is ongoing and I should be back out on the course by the end of spring. 

My goal is to start looking for upgrades next year. Before that happens I want to get comfortable again with my swing and a few more lessons. Next year I will be looking to get fit for a set of irons. Brand name is not important.

• 3 weeks later...

I go by a combination of looks feel and performance with some relativity to price too.

For example, a new M1 driver or Epic driver was squeezing a few more yards than the Nike Vapor Flex the Nike was $170 and the M1/Epic is over $600 (canadian) Also, the Nike feel and dispersion was better so I went with that.

same thing for the 3W and hybrid.

The irons however are very looks and feel orientated, which is why I went with Cobra King MB/CB black colour, love a thin topline, and the buttery feel.  Don't really care for forgiveness as much as consistent dispersion front to back and ability to flight high or low if I want. But because I love the performance, feel and looks I didn't mind spending the money for these.

Wedges I keep a mid bounce50,54 with a high bounce 58 wedge. I have great chipping ability and pretty creative so the bounce is for the bunker shots makes it easier to hit out of any sand.

Putter is strictly whatever lets me putt the ball on the intended line.

Alfred

WITB:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex, 9.5 Degrees

FW: Cobra F7, 14.5 Degrees

Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 19 Degrees

UT Iron: Callaway Apex UT 18 Degrees

Irons: 4-6i King Cobra LTD Pro CB

Irons: 7-PW King Cobra LTD Pro MB

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3 50 MG, 58 FG

Putter: Nike Method

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this thread.

Driver and irons were recommended by my teacher.

I tested SCOR wedges for MGS and then picked up a couple of more on my own to fill out that part of the bag. I can't imagine using another wedge.

Likewise I tested EVNRoll putter and love it. The putter before came out of a bargain basket but it was modified in a fitting.

I tried a friends SLDR hybrid for a few weeks when he was injured, loved it and picked up a 4 and 5 from global golf.

Likewise with my fairway wood but it's about to be replaced.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Personally, i buy a lot of gear. I've played Ping irons since my first set in 1976. I need to be fit because of my height. Drivers, putters and wedges I buy frequently and currently have M1, G30, Cobra LTD, bio cell and five a bit older. Putters, about 15. I nust bought F6 Cobra irons cause i wanted something new and liked what i read here

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hit post accidently... i play all this cause I'm constantly trying to improve my game. As a perfectionist, its tough not to be great but thats the grandeur of golf...individual competition against my greatest competitot...me. I like Cobra stuff lately so that what im doing currently

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My wife and​ I married and within two years had three wonderful children, so golf went on the back burner while I aided my wife in taming the wild brood. Although my clubs before that consisted of a rusty set of irons, and a Wilson wood driver. The putter, something from a putt putt course.

When the children were older we got them into The First Tee. They liked it and so I thought, golf time.😃. Yeah, not so fast dad. Social life is more important.

Flash forward to four years ago. My children decide golf would be fun to play, so dad let's go play.

Finally!

I've tried three different iron sets and have found the Nike Covert to work for me. Driver, still a work in progress, wedges upswing, and putter a Scotty Cameron knock off. Getting ready for retirement. Still many years off🙄

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Love this thread!

Driver (TM SLDR) - based on reviews; bought it last year for $100 used.

3W (TM SLDR) - bought new based on trying a number of different models at golftown. Was on sale.

Hybrids - both I bought used on the cheap; did that to take a shot on hybrids in general since I wasn't sure if I would ultimately play them

Irons (Wilson X31) - I was thinking of buying new irons and wanted to try forged blades. Tried my Grandad's old set and hit them so well there was no point switching to anything else

Wedges - bought my 50* MD2 used on the cheap just to try it out.

56* Vokey SM5 bought new based on reputation.

60* Tour Edge bought used online just cause I like Tour Edge, it was cheap and in good shape.

Putter - I'm probably going to buy an Evnroll this week based on reputation and numerous trials at Golftown.

In general I lean toward used stuff just so I can try different brands and models and see what works for me. Once I know what I want I have no issues buying new.

• 2 weeks later...

Irons - I like forged blades, and flat lies, so bendable MacGregor PRO M model fits the bill - and still comply with USGA groove rules.

Wedges - use designs and shafts that deliver the types of shots I hit with each wedge. 46* - full and 1/2 punch shots/ 50* - full, 1/2 punch, and chips/ 56* - sand and pitches and lobs from rough/ 62* - pitches and lobs from good lies. (50*,56*,62* all same length - as does Jose Maria Olazabal)

Woods - keep up with technology to maintain distances and preferred trajectories. Driver 47" with counterbalanced grip and super stable shaft. Fairways - reliability and high trajectories.

Shafts - test a lot and use what works best in every club.

Putter - prefer heavier models - counterweighted after extensive testing.

Texsport

Callaway SubZero 10.5*/Mitsubishi Tensei Orange V2 Proto 60TX

Titleist 915 3-wood/Mitsubishi Fubuki K 80X

Titleist 915 5-wood/Mitsubishi Fubuki K 80X

Titleist 915 21* Hybrid/Aldila Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones club)

MacGregor PRO M 5-PW/Aldila RIP Tour S

Edel 50*/KBS 610 S

Scratch JMO Don White 56*/DG X-100

Cobra Tour Trusty Rusty 62*/DG S-200

Bettinardi Studio Stock #16

Driver  woods and hybrid: Because they are red. They are Cobra Bio Cell and I love red. I don't actually believe they go further or are any straighter than my former starter set from 2000

I Play Adams XTD irons, and they are fine, but I have compared them to a set of old NorthWesterns and i hit them exactly the same. 

My Putter is an Odyssey metal X #2, I like the way it looks like a classic putter. I believe putting is completely comfort level, so I doubt i would ever change putters again unless i develop some kind of crazy bad stroke or something, it took me forever to replace my 5 buck kmart putter from 1999 because there was nothing wrong with it either.

I have been playing Mizuno irons for 10+ years, its true what they say #nothingfellslikeamizuno.   :D   That being said, if I found something that looked as good and felt as good I would give it a shot.  As far as other clubs, I have been through many brands.  If it looks good and feels good, I will put it in my bag.  Back when I had a Callaway driver my dad got himself a Taylormade R11s.  We went out and played a round, I hit his driver a few times and liked it.  The next week I had a new one in my bag, haven't found anything to replace it yet.  Have hit some of the newer Taylormade's since then, except for the M1 or M2, so far none have topped it.  Would really like to hit one of the new Taylormade's and Epic to see how they rate.  As far a putters go, I have decided the best type of putter for me is a mallet.  The putter also has to set up well, have seen many putters that when I place them behind the ball they just dont look right to me.  Maybe its my eyes going  :D

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

About 4 years ago I was gaming Cleveland 588 MT irons and came across Srixon, who was sort of entering the US in a bigger way.  The moment I hit that first ball I was sold and put the 545s in my bag.  After that I tinkered a bit with 745 and 945 irons and eventually put together a blended set that I absolutely loved.  I have tried out a couple different brands over the last year - Cobra and Ping - and just recently I put the Srixon Z 765 irons in my bag.  I cannot find anything else out there that I love more than these irons.  Paired them up with Modus3 Tour 105 shafts and these legitimately may be the best irons I have ever played in my entire life.

A 765/965 combo set would sure be nice! Those caught my eye for sure, but for now I will remain Mizzy loyal!

Unfortunately, the 965s are right handed only so I'm actually opting for all 765 irons this go around.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 3 weeks later...

Feel and price for me! I've taken clubs out of my bag in the past, that have been performing better on launch monitors etc but just don't like the way the sit by the ball, look, and feel. I understand people can go about selection the opposite way and only go by numbers from dry ball data, however I want to feel super confident in hitting different shots in different situations.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Unfortunately kind of an impulse buy. Had Mizunos which I loved but my son-in-law who is also left handed also liked them. He was pretty used to getting all his golf equipment free (thru me) which is cool. Also had the early Titleist AP1 with stiff steel shafts and could not hit them anymore.

Anyway went to golf shop made a buy and have not been happy (Ping).

Will be getting something different by Christmas.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

A year or 2 back I was working at a local club for the day and noticed there was a Nike rep there doing a demo. I was drawn to the look of the Vapor Pro Combos. Hit them, and I was thinking about them for the entire 1-2 years whenever I saw golf highlights on Sportscenter or something. When I came back to the game, I saw that Nike stuff could be had for cheap now that they were out of the game. Ended up finding the irons barely used for $450. Couldn't turn them down, and couldn't be happier!

The rest of the stuff I chose either by reading reviews and then hitting them for myself, or I fit into it best.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I was given a hand-me-down set when I first started, years and years ago. I used those for a little while until I was able to invest in my current Burners. They've treated me well throughout all my time playing. Now that I have a better job, I've been very slowly upgrading clubs here and there.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Im half feel based half performance based.

Driver: I want something that is going to go as straight and as far as possible. Pretty simple. Do prefer smaller head sizes like 440cc. But I'll take straight over length anytime.

Fairwaywoods: what ever I can hit high and land soft off the deck. Very rarely will I have to hit a 3 wood at the courses I play.

Irons: Im all about feel when it comes to irons, I want something that is as thin and sleek of a profile you can get that lets you know when you miss it. I want to be punished when I miss hit. Keeps my swing in check. I like being able to swing an iron and know that what I put into it is what Im going to get out of it. I like being able to feel the club through the turf.

Wedges: very similar to the way I feel about irons. I normally pick my wedges off 3 swings to get certain distances. I want to be able have a 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 swing that puts the ball at a certain yardage. I fit my wedges based on those swings. Bounce also matter. Most of my wedges have high bounce, tend to get steep plus course conditions are normally soft where I live. The more the bonce the better.

Putter: Love mallet putters with a long alignment line that are facebalanced. Helps me role my line end over end. Putter is probably the hardest club for me to find.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about performance. It's all about feel. It's all about confidence.

Melt that together and you hav your clubs..

Go to your local fitter and hit them all- I used to know all the guys names at my goldsmith before they closed.

All brands top of the line clubs are good- but which "feel" good to you?

Get on the monitor and see what goes best. Hit lots of different clubs and you'll start to get a feel of what works for you.

Some highly rated clubs will feel like garbage, and some junkets will surprise you.

But typically, highly rated clubs are highly rated for a reason

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I would love the opportunity to try 'non retail' clubs. I've hit a few at a great fitter in Euless, TX, just haven't had the funds available to spring for the fitting and clubs.

I'm excited for the day my entire bag is truly custom fit from driver through wedge, as opposed to the closest approximation found piecemeal.

Who is your fitter in Euless, Justin?

I live in northeast Tarrant county

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

Because they're cheap...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's honest enough.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It's all about performance. It's all about feel. It's all about confidence.

Melt that together and you hav your clubs..

Go to your local fitter and hit them all- I used to know all the guys names at my goldsmith before they closed.

All brands top of the line clubs are good- but which "feel" good to you?

Get on the monitor and see what goes best. Hit lots of different clubs and you'll start to get a feel of what works for you.

Some highly rated clubs will feel like garbage, and some junkets will surprise you.

But typically, highly rated clubs are highly rated for a reason

Great summary!!

I'd also spent some time at a Golfsmith before they'd closed.

But that key word really is: CONFIDENCE

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived