Virginia Beach, VA

Ping G400 Driver and 3 wood; Ping i500 irons 4 through Gap; Evnroll ER2

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(5) Testers Wanted!   Bushnell Tour V4/Tour V4 Slope Laser Rangefinders   “How farâ€� isn't a particularly profound question. But when it comes to your approach shot, it's easy to take the tech

Good morning Gents!     We're very pleased to announce our group of testers for the Bushnell Tour V4 & V4 Slope Rangefinders. Our Selection Committee worked late into the evening to narrow this

Congrats guys. Not sure if I'm more jealous you get to test the range finder or live in an area that you can test the range finder.

Posted Images

I don't sign up for the reviews except for the products that really excite me.  I have been pondering a new rangefinder from Bushnell.  I currently have a really inexpensive laser rangefinder (I won't mention any names)....and it gets the job done, but it doesn't seem to coincide perfectly with the numbers my buddies get using their Bushnell rangefinders and it is tricky sometimes to hit the flag.  Also, it is very easy to get my finger in the way of the laser.  Joe from Syracuse NY would love to test one against his current rangefinder to see if there is a big difference.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Hi

My name is Keith August, and I'm a golfaholic 

(the room responds: "hi, Keith)

I live in coastal NC

I don't currently use a rangefinder. I tried one, about 15 or so years ago, and when I measured a flag in a scramble tournament, I sent an 8-iron about 25 yards over the green into a tree.

I would love the opportunity to test one of these bad boys out, and give my non-biased feedback.

And, happy holidays, everyone!

(now, to the cookies and coffee, offered at these Golfaholics Anonymous meetings)

Golf...a game you can't win

But, you can hate it & enjoy it at the same time

Dan Smith

Ohio

I've been using the Swing by Swing (upgraded Looper version) smart phone GPS app for several years. I have found it to be fairly reliable, but have never compared it to a range finder and would love to be able to do so.

Hi,

Troy Vayanos

Queensland, Australia

I currently use the 'SureShotGPS' distance tracking for every round of golf I play.

Cheers

Mizuno MP-25 irons, R/H, N.S. Pro 950GH regular shafts

Cobra King LTD 8.5 degrees driver, R/H stiff Aldila Rogue shaft

Titleist 3-wood 915F, 15 degrees, Diamana stiff flex shaft

Queensland, Australia

Handicap 5

www.HittingItSolid.com

The Perfect Golf Swing

favicon-96x96.png

Thomas Yost

Farmington, NM

Currently have a Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 which I have given to my 13 year old son and use a Bushnell Tour V2 Slope Edition for myself.  Love the slope for practice rounds in major tournaments that I play in.  

Ben S

Illinois

Garmin Approach G3 Golf Gps is what I normally use.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Okay you guys have to help me out.  I have two problems.  The first is that I happen to be partially blind in my right eye and I am a right handed golfer.  I play to a 14 handicap but my biggest struggles have always been centered around gauging distance.  I have used App based GPS systems like SkyCaddie but always found them to be a mixed bag.  I have better luck with playing the same course over and over and gaining local knowledge that way.   The second problem I have is that I live in the great state of New Hampshire and all courses in my area are currently under 3-8 inches of snow with ore coming tonight and this weekend.  I won't be playing golf again, unless I win a contest that takes me to a warmer climate until April but if it were possible to test the machines out at that time I would be all over it.

Dave(Num1GolfNut)

Rob in Washington

I have an older Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 that works great once I readjusted the laser. I like the magnification of the rangefinder and the clarity of the image but don't always get the right yardage the first time. Would like to see if the newer one can get it right the first time with similar visuals as mine

John from Michigan

Have used a Nikon laser many years ago, found it accurate but hard to hold on target.  Have owned several Sonocaddies over the years but recently switched to a Garmin G6. 

Would be very interested in trying another rangefinder, especially with slope capability as many courses in Michigan have elevation changes.

I play between 50-60 rounds per year.