Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Phil Mickelson Leaving Callaway?

GolfSpy_X

Heh heh... with their "attitude" wouldn't it be just like Nike to pay Phil some BIG bucks though... just so they could turn around and rub HIS nose in it?

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I'm thinking TourStage, Fourteen, maybe OnOff...

Do you really think that Phil will leave Callaway?

Get real. No way, no how.

That's like saying the Lakers are moving to New Mexico.

Erroneous, ERRONEOUS on all accounts!!!!

Well, no one ever thought the Browns would ever leave Cleveland... Yeah, it still hurts.

Well, no one ever thought the Browns would ever leave Cleveland... Yeah, it still hurts.

Well, he's under contract... And quoted

"And so you know, this is an important part of my career now, these next five years, and I felt like I needed to continue to be with what I perceive as the best equipment on the market."

So why would he leave?

http://www.philmickelson.com/newsdetail.aspx?id=594

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2009/04/phil-mickelson-extends-relationship-with-callaway-golf.html

Well, he's under contract... And quoted

"And so you know, this is an important part of my career now, these next five years, and I felt like I needed to continue to be with what I perceive as the best equipment on the market."

So why would he leave?

http://www.philmickelson.com/newsdetail.aspx?id=594

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2009/04/phil-mickelson-extends-relationship-with-callaway-golf.html

Contracts really don't mean anything- there's always loopholes or buyout options. Quotes don't mean anything, either. I'd hate to call PM a liar... hopefully, at worst, he's trying to help Callaway save face. I also loathe what I'm about to say, but: too many of us thought Tiger Woods was the ultimate golfer, father, husband. He peed gold. He may not give much in interviews, but it was never a lie. Well... looks like a lot of us were wrong on that one. I REALLY (can't stress this enough) don't want to compare Phil to Tiger, especially in that way, but with things going like they're rumored to be going, and with all the past examples of sports figures' "truths", it's too hard to tell what's really going on.

Say what? Do you mean their production facilities, the whole company, or what? I don't remember hearing about that...

Here is a link with some info about the move.

Callaway restructuring, will add Mexico facility

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

"The redesign of Callaway's global operations creates a stronger, more flexible model that better positions our business for the future," said George Fellows, president and CEO of Callaway Golf. "This decision was based on an extensive review of our operations structure and supports the gross margin improvements necessary to secure our leadership position in a competitive market (emphasis mine)."

Or in other words: the product will stay the same price, but be made at a cheaper cost. This way, our executives can make more money while many faithful employees will lose their jobs. Pretty freaking sad.

Thanks for the link!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

couldnt imagine mickelson in a PING hat be like the american lee westwood look i guess

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

couldnt imagine mickelson in a PING hat be like the american lee westwood look i guess

He could keep the KPMG front. They could always just stick an i15 or G15 on one side panel- some pros do that, even if they aren't playing exactly what the hat says.

Archived