ole gray

Pet Pictures

It was a rough on us today as we had to put down one of our cats we have had in our family for the last 11 years.  We rescued three cats from the golf course my wife worked at back then.  Someone had brought them to the course and dumped them and we found them flea infested and living under the club house trying to find anything they could for food. My wife named two of them Bonnie & Clyde.  Clyde stopped eating a couple days ago and that was strange for him because he always answered the dinner bell.  The vet ran some blood work and when she came back in the room she said this is not good.  His kidney levels were waaaaay off the chart and we had to make the decision to not force a terrible death on him trying to save him.   My wife and I both hugged him, shared tears, and watched as our buddy drifted off into kitty heaven.   Love ya pets while ya got em........

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

It was a rough on us today as we had to put down one of our cats we have had in our family for the last 11 years.  We rescued three cats from the golf course my wife worked at back then.  Someone had brought them to the course and dumped them and we found them flea infested and living under the club house trying to find anything they could for food. My wife named two of them Bonnie & Clyde.  Clyde stopped eating a couple days ago and that was strange for him because he always answered the dinner bell.  The vet ran some blood work and when she came back in the room she said this is not good.  His kidney levels were waaaaay off the chart and we had to make the decision to not force a terrible death on him trying to save him.   My wife and I both hugged him, shared tears, and watched as our buddy drifted off into kitty heaven.   Love ya pets while ya got em........

So sorry to hear that. We have gone though that in the past and it is heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear that OG. Losing a family member (pet) is never easy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about Clyde. Pets are special family members.
Our cat is 15 and on special kidney diet. Dreading the day, SWMBO loves that cat.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Sorry to hear about Clyde. Pets are special family members.
Our cat is 15 and on special kidney diet. Dreading the day, SWMBO loves that cat.

Thanks buddy...  It definitely stings the heart for our fur buddies to leave us

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Green Sheep Productions said:

Loves to come golfing, but used to get tired and take a nap in the pouch at the bottom of my buggy.

20171231_093459.jpg

Luv it - what kind of pup is that? Our Cairn Terrier loves to ride in the golf cart but we can't take her golfing because every time we hit the ball she barks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So sorry to hear. I still miss our dog that passed a year and a half ago. Praying for peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Man, I teared up reading this. I had to do that with two of my cats years ago. TOUGH, VERY TOUGH.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Luv it - what kind of pup is that? Our Cairn Terrier loves to ride in the golf cart but we can't take her golfing because every time we hit the ball she barks. 

Tex is a border collie. 

I've got him trained pretty well (With golf, not with sheep though. Annoys the kelpie no end). White balls he'll chase but not touch. Yellow balls he'll retrieve (And drop 2m short, gah!). Knows not to go on the greens or in bunkers. Do need to work on his waiting position - he prefers being in front. Always paranoid I'll butterknife it into his teeth. 

• Like 5

On 3/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, ole gray said:

My sincere sympathies, OG.....

Be happy you for the time you had him, and know that he was happy for the good life you gave him!

It's never ever never easy losing a pet .. as you well know and as others have said .. I had an adopted kitty for about 15 years that was originally a stray and I teared up like a little girl when I had to take her for her final ride...........

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

My sincere sympathies, OG.....

Be happy you for the time you had him, and know that he was happy for the good life you gave him!

It's never ever never easy losing a pet .. as you well know and as others have said .. I had an adopted kitty for about 15 years that was originally a stray and I teared up like a little girl when I had to take her for her final ride...........

Thanks buddy ....   Yea it's really tough 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

@Green Sheep Productions what kind of buggy is that?  I've never seen one with a pouch like that under the cart.  Good looking pup, too!  How old is he?

Would have been four months old in that picture. A year more than that now. 

That was a Triumph, though I don't remember the specific line. Voyager perhaps? Great buggy. Just died on me. 

Back out to walk shelter dogs today and one of them rascals thought he was a race horse. My wife and I were at the shelter this morning to wear four dogs down as they were being taken to a pet store today for possible adoption or fostering. My job was to walk Droolius who is a strong pit bull and then walk Shadow who is good size black lab. Droolius didn't like his harness to start with and was biting the leash and hopping around like a mule on steroids. Once I got him on the trail, he calmed down and was a pleasure to walk. Now Shadow started out bucking like a rodeo bull and pulled like a sled dog the entire mile over hilly and rocky trail/terrain through the woods. When I finally got him back to the holding pen, I was sweating like a farmer plowing a mule in July. 😛 Yea I got some good exercise today folks! 😁🐶

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Back out to walk shelter dogs today and one of them rascals thought he was a race horse. My wife and I were at the shelter this morning to wear four dogs down as they were being taken to a pet store today for possible adoption or fostering. My job was to walk Droolius who is a strong pit bull and then walk Shadow who is good size black lab. Droolius didn't like his harness to start with and was biting the leash and hopping around like a mule on steroids. Once I got him on the trail, he calmed down and was a pleasure to walk. Now Shadow started out bucking like a rodeo bull and pulled like a sled dog the entire mile over hilly and rocky trail/terrain through the woods. When I finally got him back to the holding pen, I was sweating like a farmer plowing a mule in July.  Yea I got some good exercise today folks! 

I just love reading your posts. They always put a smile on my face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I just love reading your posts. They always put a smile on my face.

Appreciate ya!

Puppies were whelped today at a friends kennel so here helping out.

15539973626355701870306851009289.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Puppies were whelped today at a friends kennel so here helping out.
15539973626355701870306851009289.thumb.jpg.b938bc6a058d30808b5fb39c21f2b69c.jpg

Beautiful litter

• Like 2