ole gray

Pet Pictures

GolfSpy Stroker

Hi folks.... we love to see your pics!  It makes the forum even more enjoyable.

And we now have a new place to post all of them.... https://forum.mygolfspy.com/gallery/

Please continue to share them on the new gallery!

Message added by GolfSpy Stroker

This was my good buddy yesterday at the dog shelter.   Good looking pit and strong as a good plowing mule!

BrownPit.JPG.142f2753e2f78ee02c1e9da067665012.JPG
BrownPit2.thumb.JPG.9a22a825b57a804ecb291a6a6b68d77c.JPG
BrownPit4.JPG.e4de4173d94b97e83822e40adb8ab780.JPG
BrownPit3.JPG.1988e366d45a4ec6ca59a6273873f06d.JPG

That’s a gorgeous pup

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

It's a shame that pitties have such bad reputations.  They're great dogs!  We have a very gentle pit and sometimes can't use some campgrounds because they prohibit pit bulls (but have no problem with the ankle biter yappers)

Best dog I’ve ever had. He’s an absolute lover and it’s a shame how they’re portrayed.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Best dog I’ve ever had. He’s an absolute lover and it’s a shame how they’re portrayed.

If I didn't have hunting dogs they are what I would have. People don't understand it's people that cause the issues not the dog

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

It's a shame that pitties have such bad reputations.  They're great dogs!  We have a very gentle pit and sometimes can't use some campgrounds because they prohibit pit bulls (but have no problem with the ankle biter yappers)

I've had the opportunity at the shelter to walk many pits and they all react with a happy to be outdoors in the fresh air and they smile with appreciation.   I've seen small Chihuahua dogs who will snap at ya in a heartbeat.  

• Like 6

I've had the opportunity at the shelter to walk many pits and they all react with a happy to be outdoors in the fresh air and they smile with appreciation.   I've seen small Chihuahua dogs who will snap at ya in a heartbeat.  

There’s no smile like a pit bull smile.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

If I didn't have hunting dogs they are what I would have. People don't understand it's people that cause the issues not the dog

💣  Nailed it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

but you can hopefully understand it as there are a few very serious cases with these dogs (one here just last week), it only takes a few to cast a shadow over the whole breed.

A friend works in A&E at the local hospital and the most recorded cases they have of dog bites every year are.............

........wait for it.............

Golden Retrievers😮 Beautiful dogs that always appear friendly so I was quite shocked to hear that.

• Like 3

You betcha!! I’ve said that forever, there’s nothing wrong with the dog it’s the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

but you can hopefully understand it as there are a few very serious cases with these dogs (one here just last week), it only takes a few to cast a shadow over the whole breed.
A friend works in A&E at the local hospital and the most recorded cases they have of dog bites every year are.............
........wait for it.............
Golden Retrievers Beautiful dogs that always appear friendly so I was quite shocked to hear that.

Of course I can and I certainly do

There is a tremendous responsibility that I owe to not only my pit, but to my 18 month old daughter, my wife, family and anyone who he encounters.

I know that he has tremendous strength and has the potential to be dangerous. Fortunately, we are mindful of that and take this very seriously. He has been attacked twice while at camp as we were on vacation. Penetrating wounds to his head and neck; each time this happened, the staff who reacted said he ran away without even trying to fight. As a pit dad, that made me proud.

And just to the Golden stat, it’s believable. Nobody approaches one thinking they’re aggressive. That overly friendly demeanor often invites touching or petting that the dog may not appreciate.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

My wife used to work at the shelter and was part of what they called The Pit Crew .... and this is how we got our pit

• Like 5

When my boys are gone (not too soon, I hope), I would love to get a Pity. They are just the coolest dogs!

• Like 3

This is my basenji, Anouk, who is a little over 2 years old now. She really enjoys laying on my putting green inside our apartment and I'm getting very excited to take her out on her first golfing experience at Skamania Lodge on June 1st. Can't wait to post some pictures of the experience afterwards! 

IMG_20180712_194600.jpg

IMG_20180712_194554.jpg

25594088_10155522207548411_9028137512278383285_n.jpg

• Like 8

IMG_20190604_095700066.jpeg

Dogs: "..awww c'mon we wanna go out!"

Human: "You were just out for an hour!"

Dogs: "..but but but ... we reeeeally wanna go outside..."

IMG_20190604_121431415_HDR.jpeg

Human: "Fine. You win."

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheSandwedgeChef said:

Had such an AMAZING time playing golf at Skamania Lodge. Easily the hardest course I have played but produced some of the most breathtaking views I've experience while playing. Of course the best part of the day was being able to bring Anouk for her first golf outing and she did amazing! Never once did we have an issue. She loved to just lounge in the sun by the tee boxes or around the greens as we putted and she really loved pulling the push cart while running after our friends in the golf cart 😂 Really wish there were more courses in Oregon (only two that I know of and the closest to Portland is Skamania which is about a 45min drive) that allow you to bring along man's best friend.

IMG_20190604_181833_569.jpg

IMG_20190601_115555.jpg

IMG_20190601_134524.jpg

IMG_20190604_132353_294.jpg

Awesome that you can bring your best friend along. We tried taking ours on the course. She loves riding in the golf cart - but barks everytime I hit the ball - so no future trips to the course with her. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@tony@CIC, I'm lucky in the fact that the basenji breed cannot bark at all and I have had her around me hitting golf balls enough to where the sound does not bother her. 

• Like 1

Rohan doesn't believe it's ever too warm for a snuggle on the couch.IMG_20190607_182859.jpeg

• Like 8

Rohan doesn't believe it's ever too warm for a snuggle on the couch.IMG_20190607_182859.jpeg.8f0a07537a2cad1e89828bcf04d22247.jpeg

I swear, there are few things in life as nice as a pit snuggle.
  • Like 2