TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

35 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It snowed for 15 hours yesterday; we got 5 more inches on top of the snow from the past 6 storms since Feb 5.  The snow quit at 7pm last night.  Shoveled driveway for the umpteenth time!  At 8am this morning it started snowing again; expect another 1-3 inches today, but wind is only blowing 20 mph this time.  Oh yeah... we are expecting single digit temps at night all this week.; nothing above freezing for the next 10 days.  Where's spring??

IMG_1033.jpg.2f9092b45d428eb2eb572933e8208dce.jpg

Whoa!  This is quite the winter for you guys in the PNW.... more snow than I can recall in a long time!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Whoa!  This is quite the winter for you guys in the PNW.... more snow than I can recall in a long time!

We actually had more snow two years ago.  Snow was on the ground from Jan 1 to Feb 28.  We don't get a lot of snow during a storm, usually 1-3 inches but we have had storm after storm for 3 weeks and temps below freezing most of the time.  

No snow for tomorrow, but another storm Wed and Thurs.  Looking at the 10 day forecast, more snow on the way next week.  I'm not sure that I have ever seen snow here in March in the 49 years I've lived here.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The wind has been unreal the past 2 days. Yesterday they closed a portion of the Ohio turnpike to semi's because of it. Highest gust clocked at 63 mph. Spring can't come soon enough.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The wind has been unreal the past 2 days. Yesterday they closed a portion of the Ohio turnpike to semi's because of it. Highest gust clocked at 63 mph. Spring can't come soon enough.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Same here in the Catskills. I had a chuck of ice fly up and shatter one of the windows in my office today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

It’s COLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD in Michigan!!! 14* tonight when I got to my hotel!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Quite nice here this week- 13*c (55F) no wind so going for some practice this afternoon with a light sweater on!!

Last year at this time we were in the grip of the 'Beast from the East' storm for weeks which had constant rain, freezing temps and strong winds.

It's set to break end of the week back to 'normal' temps about 5*c (41F) and rain but might still try and play in the roll up Saturday.

Course is loving this weather and the greens are better just now than they were last May!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Snowing here right now and is supposed to continue all night, then turn to rain tomorrow and then continue for the next few days. It's warm enough that it's not sticking to the roads, so accumulation should be light. Looking to the weekend, Saturday is supposed to be sunny and low 40's...! I just may trek out there if it is..!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

15 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Snowing here right now and is supposed to continue all night, then turn to rain tomorrow and then continue for the next few days. It's warm enough that it's not sticking to the roads, so accumulation should be light. Looking to the weekend, Saturday is supposed to be sunny and low 40's...! I just may trek out there if it is..!

Sunny here today just 300 miles from you.  More snow all day tomorrow.  Well, my Saturday is also sunny, but highs in the mid-20's and low at night... 11º.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

Sunny here today just 300 miles from you.  More snow all day tomorrow.  Well, my Saturday is also sunny, but highs in the mid-20's and low at night... 11º.  

YUCK! You guys just gotta be sick of it by now...Somehow we avoided the super cold days we would usually endure for a week or two this season, but damn, it seems like it's been raining or snowing here for the past month...oop...it has!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

1 minute ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

YUCK! You guys just gotta be sick of it by now...Somehow we avoided the super cold days we would usually endure for a week or two this season, but damn, it seems like it's been raining or snowing here for the past month...oop...it has!

It hasn't been warm enough to rain for the past month.  I don't know how you guys lucked out.  You are higher in elevation; should be colder!

We have a snow day, then it's sunny and cold, then another storm comes through... repeat for 3 weeks!! It's getting old.  I think on Sunday we will set a record for low temperatures in March...  9º.

Picture taken this morning... "I think it's going to be great day!"

IMG_3978.jpg.4a1c20f9bdc4aa95815528ca840f0c99.jpg

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

It hasn't been warm enough to rain for the past month.  I don't know how you guys lucked out.  You are higher in elevation; should be colder!

We have a snow day, then it's sunny and cold, then another storm comes through... repeat for 3 weeks!! It's getting old.  I think on Sunday we will set a record for low temperatures in March...  9º.

Picture taken this morning... "I think it's going to be great day!"

IMG_3978.jpg.4a1c20f9bdc4aa95815528ca840f0c99.jpg

We lucked out I reckon...Nice pic!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Living in Indiana we haven't had snow in two weeks, but the frost has to be around a few inches deep. Problem is we keep freezing at night and barely getting above freezing during the day. The next two weeks we will be well below average. My guess (as a meteorologist I've been targeting around mid to late march for the first sustained warmup... and then maybe a week for courses to start opening up. That puts us somewhere around late March or early April.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I took over as tournament director for our annual oil and gas conference. Attendance had been lacking over the last four years and so I was given the task to turn it around. I got attendance back up, people were excited, sponsors started opening up their check books. To top it off, the high in Austin, TX on Saturday is 75. 

Good thing the tournament is on Monday...and the high is 41 with 15mph+ north winds. I'd be surprised if a dozen folks showed up. 

FML. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

All cities in the Mid-Columbia region of Washington/Oregon have broken records for snowfall in February.  Here in Kennewick, WA the old record was established in 1916.

Tri-Cities 24.0"
Yakima  30.9"
Walla Walla  27.0"
Pendleton, OR  29.2"

BTW, I shoveled the driveway again this afternoon, and it's snowing again tonight for another 10 hours.  💩

Courses in my area are rescheduling tournaments.  We usually play most of February and all of March, but with 2 feet of snow and temps in the teens and 20's for the next 10 days, we won't be playing until at least late March.

If it all of a sudden warms up, there will be flooding with the record snowfall.

Most would agree that March is the start of spring. On that note, Happy F****** Spring!

IMG_0424.PNG

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Just now, Shankster said:

It’s sunny and 24° here. Golfable.

Hell, I'd golf in a blizzard right now. 

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

Most would agree that March is the start of spring. On that note, Happy F****** Spring!

IMG_0424.PNG

Well, thank you!!!  Posts of golf courses and sunny weather are depressing when I have snow on the ground.

Your post shows that it's not that bad here.  Your highs are my lows.  Single digit lows this weekend means the snow isn't going anywhere for awhile.

81F here in Yuma while playing our round yesterday at Desert Hills... first day in the 80's since we got here on 11/13. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 2/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, Kenny B said:

All cities in the Mid-Columbia region of Washington/Oregon have broken records for snowfall in February.  Here in Kennewick, WA the old record was established in 1916.

Tri-Cities 24.0"
Yakima  30.9"
Walla Walla  27.0"
Pendleton, OR  29.2"

BTW, I shoveled the driveway again this afternoon, and it's snowing again tonight for another 10 hours.  💩

Could be a banner year for the Columbia Basin Lakes trout fishing.  I always looked forward to the spring openers over there; Dry Falls, Lenice, Lenore, Dusty, Grimes, Quail, and a handful of other lakes. In any case, the extra moisture is always good for the eastside.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Could be a banner year for the Columbia Basin Lakes trout fishing.  I always looked forward to the spring openers over there; Dry Falls, Lenice, Lenore, Dusty, Grimes, Quail, and a handful of other lakes. In any case, the extra moisture is always good for the eastside.

We have a great snowpack this year, so farmers are happy.  It may be quite awhile before the ice melts on some of the lakes.

59 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Any indoor places? I’ve found some relief from the crap by going to them once and a while.

Not really, I could always go to a local golf store and "test" some clubs, but otherwise the the closest place would be about 2-3 hours away. 

Stupid snow. Last bunch had just melted and got a good 3 inches last night. Another 3 tonight then a huge storm rolling through Sunday/Monday. I’m ready for winter to be done...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

It’s sunny and 24° here. Golfable.

37 & sunny tomorrow-Yup, hitting it straight after softball try-outs for the girl. Snday is 35 & sunny...probably hitting that too!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

37 & sunny tomorrow-Yup, hitting it straight after softball try-outs for the girl. Snday is 35 & sunny...probably hitting that too!

I happy that you are warming up.  I wish we would.  30 and sunny tomorrow, but 27 and sunny on Sunday with a low of  7

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Driving down my street today, just like every other day for the past 25 days.

IMG_1037.jpg.9cba9dc51a48c119d6bf314327dd0352.jpg

eee-gads!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers