TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

17 hours ago, Alf. S said:

We have had a snow covering and frozen conditions for 2 weeks so golf has been off. Thaw is on tee time for 11:30, fingers crossed might get out for a hit for the 1st time this year.

image.png.0121059165a11e93d170a1dade0ed5bb.png

Oh well there's always tomorrow!

image.png.823929f548b5a5d8b0b1efd62a94a0cf.png

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

We have the same pattern today as the last few days...  26 this morning, clear skies and headed to mid 40's.  This is our typical Jan weather.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat......The same weather pattern again today!   24 for a low last night high today in the mid 40's, clear skies.  Not bad for Jan!! 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Lots of rain in the PNW; river flash floods, landslides.  Being on the east side of the Cascades only means that there will be a little flooding from streams that run off the mountains to the Snake and Columbia Rivers.

Rain today, but over the next 10 days temps are in the 40's and 50's; not bad golfing weather for January! FYI, the record high temp for yesterday was 66º; the record low temp for yesterday was -21º.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Lots of rain in the PNW; river flash floods, landslides.  Being on the east side of the Cascades only means that there will be a little flooding from streams that run off the mountains to the Snake and Columbia Rivers.

Rain today, but over the next 10 days temps are in the 40's and 50's; not bad golfing weather for January! FYI, the record high temp for yesterday was 66º; the record low temp for yesterday was -21º.

We lived in Puget Sound for 30 years, and experienced those "Pineapple Expresses" first hand... crazy amounts of water. As a former steelhead/salmon fisherman, we often went over to the Hoh and Bogachiel River during the period of time these events happen. Of course that is the rainforest region where most of the moisture gets dumped.  I recall being woke up in the hotel from the pounding rain and pretty much knew we were heading home (rivers blown out).  The drift boat was about 1/3 full of water... no kidding! The windshield wipers could not go fast enough at times to keep up.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

We lived in Puget Sound for 30 years, and experienced those "Pineapple Expresses" first hand... crazy amounts of water. As a former steelhead/salmon fisherman, we often went over to the Hoh and Bogachiel River during the period of time these events happen. Of course that is the rainforest region where most of the moisture gets dumped.  I recall being woke up in the hotel from the pounding rain and pretty much knew we were heading home (rivers blown out).  The drift boat was about 1/3 full of water... no kidding! The windshield wipers could not go fast enough at times to keep up.

And that's why I left the Willamette Valley after college and headed to the dry side.  It also helped that I had a job waiting when I got there!!

In 1996 I was living in a small town not far from where I live now that was close to the Yakima River; 100-year flood and I had 2 feet of water in my house.  I moved to higher ground!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

40 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

One perk of the PNW. Bad for players who depend on roll though. I vaguely remember living in Pomeroy when I was real little, it hardly rained and we were surrounded by wheat fields on the hills. To get to the hospital where I was born, you took hwy 12 (I think) down the snake to Lewiston. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Heavy rain and high winds here in the Willamette Valley. Started yesterday evening and increased through the night. King tides going on over at the coast which I hope to make it over for if time allows. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, pulledabill said:

Heavy rain and high winds here in the Willamette Valley. Started yesterday evening and increased through the night. King tides going on over at the coast which I hope to make it over for if time allows. 

oh jeeze. Hopefully people stay away this time. Super windy here. Blew plastic off our windows that are being repaired so needed to get the contractor over ASAP to batten down the hatches so to speak

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

4 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

One perk of the PNW. Bad for players who depend on roll though. I vaguely remember living in Pomeroy when I was real little, it hardly rained and we were surrounded by wheat fields on the hills. To get to the hospital where I was born, you took hwy 12 (I think) down the snake to Lewiston. 

Our doctor moved to Clarkston 3 years ago and my wife drives over to see him for appts.  It's 2.5 hours one way through Pomeroy, so all day trip.  Not much out there!!  I ride with her just to keep her company, but I found another doctor locally.  

BTW, I DEPEND on roll!!!!  😂

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Most of Oregon is seeing that front rolling through.  Looks like it may be a bit before I play here in the valley.  Headed to the coast Monday.  Hope to get in some camera time.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Most of Oregon is seeing that front rolling through.  Looks like it may be a bit before I play here in the valley.  Headed to the coast Monday.  Hope to get in some camera time.

Not sure where you will be going, but I love Harris Beach and that whole stretch from Crescent City  north to Bandon. Just always seems more scenic than most of my mid coast scenery. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

2 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Not sure where you will be going, but I love Harris Beach and that whole stretch from Crescent City  north to Bandon. Just always seems more scenic than most of my mid coast scenery. 

We're spending a couple of days just outside of Yachats.  We normally take the motorhome over to Florence, but this time we're staying in an oceanside motel (DeAnne's) we've stayed at before.  My wife despises traveling on 199 from Grant's Pass to Crescent City, so we tend to spend more time in the mid to northern section, although we've done both.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

14 minutes ago, CarlH said:

We're spending a couple of days just outside of Yachats.  We normally take the motorhome over to Florence, but this time we're staying in an oceanside motel (DeAnne's) we've stayed at before.  My wife despises traveling on 199 from Grant's Pass to Crescent City, so we tend to spend more time in the mid to northern section, although we've done both.

Enjoy. We were in Yachats for the last king tide. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

It's almost 8pm and it's 60º... the reason...  the wind is a-coming!!!  15-30mph now but by morning 25-45mph.  Well, at least it will dry out the course from all the rain we had today.

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's almost 8pm and it's 60º... the reason...  the wind is a-coming!!!  15-30mph now but by morning 25-45mph.  Well, at least it will dry out the course from all the rain we had today.

Well the wicked weather knocked my power out over night. Finally came on 15 mins ago

My Reviews:

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Well the wicked weather knocked my power out over night. Finally came on 15 mins ago

Really howled last night; peaked out at 54 mph.  We didn't lose power, but a tree fell blocking a road on the other side of the Columbia River and power was out for a neighborhood.  Thankfully, power in my area is all underground... except for the power line in my backyard on which squirrels commit suicide and goes somewhere... I have no idea where.

Sunny now, not a cloud in the sky but still windy averaging 20 mph.  My wife is headed out to play in the Wednesday ladies league.  I might head to the range later in the day when the wind dies down a little.

Another 27* overnight,  mid 40's daytime mostly sunny day.  I don't mind this weather pattern for January!  It's supposed to change over the weekend though with a dip in temps coming.

32 this morning a few clouds blocking the sun.  HIgh today of 48 or so with winds at 10 - 20 mph.  I got the chores done yesterday so I hope to get out for 9 today.

High will be in the upper 50's tomorrow with winds in the 10-15mph range.  Should make for excellent January golf.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

Supposed to be sunny and 68* today with winds about 8 mph. Earliest tee time we could get is 1:50, my wife and I will be scrambling to finish before dusk. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It was 54º sunny and no wind yesterday.  I was peeling off layers by the 9th hole.  I could have played in shorts.  About the same today and I expect the course to be packed, even on a Monday.  Nothing else for people to do.

I rode along with a buddy to the coastal area yesterday  while he fished for steelhead. It was dry and 54 degrees in Hebo which is nuts for mid January. Need a cold front as I have weeds and moss growing.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

22 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

I rode along with a buddy to the coastal area yesterday  while he fished for steelhead. It was dry and 54 degrees in Hebo which is nuts for mid January. Need a cold front as I have weeds and moss growing.

I remember freezing my ass off fishing for steelhead on the Alsea River!!

This is a very mild winter, and great for golf.  I hate to say it, but we really need a cold snap or we are going to have a bumper crop of mosquitoes this summer.

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

This is a very mild winter, and great for golf.  I hate to say it, but we really need a cold snap or we are going to have a bumper crop of mosquitoes this summer.

I wandered the bank in a light sweatshirt rock hounding in the sun. Agreed on the mosquitos!

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Luckily we have had some warm and cold days, hopefully some of the freezes killed at a minimum the ticks, but mosquitos hopefully too. Last year wasn’t to bad for either

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Little bit on the breezy side, but other than that it is absolutely Chamber of Commerce weather today.  High of 75 and not a cloud in the sky.  Played 9 this morning, and it was glorious.  Had a few bad holes early, but managed to birdie # 9 with my best drive of the day, so that always makes for a good memory.😀

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

71* in Houston today...played this afternoon in shorts

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

37* - 70* and Sunny today. Walking with the pushcart mafia this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

32 this morning, high today of 40.  No rain or snow today.