Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Happy to send our Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday weather your way!!!  You can cut that hay, flip it, roll it all in one day!!  🤣

1002867231_ScreenShot2021-06-26at6_25_22PM.png.8ba4c088d89b76a9bde2e57e7209ff46.png

😱That’s really awful 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

😱That’s really awful 😱

Only 108º today when we finished playing at 2pm.  Watered my hat at every water station and at the turn.  It was dry by the next water station.  Drink of the day was a 50/50 Gatorade/Water mix with lots of ice.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Only 108º today when we finished playing at 2pm.  Watered my hat at every water station and at the turn.  It was dry by the next water station.  Drink of the day was a 50/50 Gatorade/Water mix with lots of ice.

That makes our FL days pretty tame.

Take care👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

😱That’s really awful 😱

Unless you're a rattlesnake.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I'll take our hot dry weather over your hot humid weather all day, every day!!

Some days, not all😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Had to go to the store this afternoon...  116º at 3pm.  On the way to the store, the sidewalk that parallels the 4 lane street near our house had buckled.  I said  "WOW!  Never seen that before in the 53 years I've lived here."

It's almost 8pm and it's still 104º.  Just got an alert on my phone... the two inside lanes of I-90 eastbound about 35 miles east of Seattle buckled due to heat.  Traffic down to right lane only and reduced speed.   No time given for repairs.

118º tomorrow!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Had to go to the store this afternoon...  116º at 3pm.  On the way to the store, the sidewalk that parallels the 4 lane street near our house had buckled.  I said  "WOW!  Never seen that before in the 53 years I've lived here."

It's almost 8pm and it's still 104º.  Just got an alert on my phone... the two inside lanes of I-90 eastbound about 35 miles east of Seattle buckled due to heat.  Traffic down to right lane only and reduced speed.   No time given for repairs.

118º tomorrow!!!

Yea I now feel bad about complaining about 94 tomorrow thanks Kenny

I am reading Kenny B's posts just to feel better about our 95* + temps !  👍

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

19 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Yea I now feel bad about complaining about 94 tomorrow thanks Kenny

8 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I am reading Kenny B's posts just to feel better about our 95* + temps !  👍

Glad I can help you out!!  Just checked and it's 118º.  The 10 day forecast shows that it will only be 113º tomorrow, then cools off to 105-107º through the weekend.  We finally get a break next Wednesday as the mercury drops to 99º.   Might have to grab a sweater!!

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that rolling brownouts could happen.  We have probably the cheapest power in the US with 6 hydroelectric dams in the region and a nuclear power plant outside town. 

47 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Glad I can help you out!!  Just checked and it's 118º.  The 10 day forecast shows that it will only be 113º tomorrow, then cools off to 105-107º through the weekend.  We finally get a break next Wednesday as the mercury drops to 99º.   Might have to grab a sweater!!

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that rolling brownouts could happen.  We have probably the cheapest power in the US with 6 hydroelectric dams in the region and a nuclear power plant outside town. 

It was 95 but real feel was 110 I still feel better about my temps but these temps are too hot for anyone. Stay safe

Rain,, rain go away!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

38 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

It was 95 but real feel was 110 I still feel better about my temps but these temps are too hot for anyone. Stay safe

I know what it's like back there.  I did a one year stint in DC, and this old boy doesn't like humidity.  

Unbearable in your firefighting gear, I bet!!  Take care.

I understand heat waves, but how is it possible that can make WA can be soooo much hotter than south TX. We played golf yesterday late afternoon in mid 80s.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

45 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I understand heat waves, but how is it possible that can make WA can be soooo much hotter than south TX.

It's all part of the "grand plan".  It seems that entropy is alive and well and our desire for steady-state, continued "normal", is nothing but wishful thinking. 🙂

On 6/28/2021 at 8:57 PM, Kenny B said:

Just got an alert on my phone... the two inside lanes of I-90 eastbound about 35 miles east of Seattle buckled due to heat.  Traffic down to right lane only and reduced speed.   No time given for repairs.

118º tomorrow!!!

That would be around the North Bend area.  What a mess going into the 4th weekend, high temps, and many heading up to the Snoqualmie Pass area (and lakes) looking for some cooler weather 😐.  We're getting a little of your heatwave here but not really that bad.

26 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Orographic effect, humid air rising up and over the western mountains losing moisture as it climbs then rushes down the eastern side of the mountains and heats up fast because it is now dry having lost the water vapor.  Warm air masses only makes it that much hotter when the air compresses as it descends.  With the heatwave on the western side of the mountains it is already packing a lot of heat before it rushes over the tops to gain more heat on the way down to the middle of the state of Washington and Oregon (and Cali to the south), same thing that happens in Western Texas 👍

Brining the nice meteorological talk to the thread I love it. Those mountains really can cause some crazy weather.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I understand heat waves, but how is it possible that can make WA can be soooo much hotter than south TX. We played golf yesterday late afternoon in mid 80s.

What @EasyPutter said... I guess; not my field.  We don't get much rain as it all gets dumped in Seattle and the Cascade Mountains.  We are trapped between the Cascade Mountains to the west and the Rockies to the east.  

You have to remember that not all of Washington and Oregon are like Seattle and Portland.  We get on average 7 inches of rain a year.  The natural terrain looks more like Las Vegas and Arizona; plenty of sagebrush, tumbleweeds, and cactus.  Yes, cactus!  Not the big saguaro; just little prickly things.  We have the distinction of having the highest, naturally un-treed mountain in the US at over 3500 feet.  

1158318534_RattlesnakeMtn.jpg.91f7bf6a7c0911db21734183ac0b517a.jpg

31 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I taught Earth Science for a decade and a few years later when visiting my Army instructors at Fort Lewis had a rental vehicle and enough time before flight home to drive over the mountains past Rainier to Yakima and actually saw the Orographic effect first hand, exactly as I had been teaching it graphically on the chalkboard (in vivid colors) and watched the outside temp go from 74 in Seattle to 38 top of the mountain pass to 96 in Yakima all within a couple hour drive.  It was the aqueducts that struck me as evidence of how dry the air was downwind from the mountain range.

One winter morning in 2008 I drove my wife over to Seattle prior to her back surgery at Virginia Mason.  It was -8º when we left town; still below freezing on Snoqualmie Pass; and 47º as we got close to Seattle.  As we were talking to the doctor, VM had a fire drill.  We had to exit the building... sunny and 54º.

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

I taught Earth Science for a decade and a few years later when visiting my Army instructors at Fort Lewis had a rental vehicle and enough time before flight home to drive over the mountains past Rainier to Yakima and actually saw the Orographic effect first hand, exactly as I had been teaching it graphically on the chalkboard (in vivid colors) and watched the outside temp go from 74 in Seattle to 38 top of the mountain pass to 96 in Yakima all within a couple hour drive.  It was the aqueducts that struck me as evidence of how dry the air was downwind from the mountain range.

Thats great, my degree is in meteorology so its always cool when you see the stuff you teach some to life. We normally get the opposite effect, cold air damming.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Big boomers tonight! 

the rain hasn’t been too heavy yet, but this light show has been going off like it’s the 4th of July already for 30+ minutes already  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

It's boomer time here tonight as well!  Chased me out of the metal pole barn right quick!!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Big boomers tonight! 

the rain hasn’t been too heavy yet, but this light show has been going off like it’s the 4th of July already for 30+ minutes already  

No rain in sight!!  We could use the rain, but not with Boomers!!  We would have fires everywhere.

It’s been very annoying….really hot and then it rains really hard for about an hour and then it’s steamy again.

The problem is it’s been raining enough that you can’t play golf or really do anything outside 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

9 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

You would be quite safe in a metal pole barn or any metal structure.  It acts as a Faraday's Cage where any electricity runs around the outside of the structure, same way that shielding works on cables.  Just make sure not to extend any part of your body outside of the dimensions of the cage.  That is how the safety cage works when working with a Tesla Coil.  (In Army Basic Training in Missouri when squall lines would sweep through with lightning forking all around, they would herd us into the metal buildings near the ranges for safety usually with the doors left open for air, and good thing too as we had M16s slung over shoulders and steel helmets back in the day.)

I do have a basic understanding of a faraday cage but this is where head knowledge and gut knowledge take a divergent path....🤓

😵  I don't care how "safe" I am from the lightning itself while I am standing in the metal pole barn swinging an 8 iron hitting balls into a net strung across the big side opening during a thunderstorm.......

If a strike hit that building with me in it at a minimum I'd lose a pair of underwear and shorts and probably socks and shoes.  Worst case they'd find me the next morning and say well it wasn't the lightning that got him but the heart attack!   🤣

Anywhoooo the humidity has taken a break this morning for a while and the high today only gets to the high 80's rather than high 90's.  

1.5" of rain since yesterday morning.  We are supposed to get some nice humidity free weather over the weekend!  

Well, starting a week ago we had record breaking high temperatures for 6 straight days; some days by only 2-3º and others by 6-7º.  For now we are done with 115-118º temps, but our 10-day forecast calls for sunny and temps in the low 100's.  

We are very dry this year.  We didn't get much of a snow pack in the mountains and we had a warm spring, so runoff came early.  We will likely be short of irrigation water near the end of summer.  The irrigation supply will turn off water to our irrigation valve at our property line, and we might get to water 2 days a week.  Grass turns brown, irrigation filter plugs with mud and shells, sprinkler heads get plugged; weed seeds come in with the water for a new crop in the lawn.  I hate it, but the farmers are the ones that suffer.

mid 60's this morning and looks like a great weather day in the mid 80's and low humidity.  An afternoon of grass cutting here & at church once the grass dries out.

Our weather took a turn for the best. We played wednesday in on and off again rain with a downpour as soon as we finished. Friday and today - absolutely perfect golf weather - 70's low humidity, sunshine. Perfect. Note; too bad my game today didn't match the perfect weather. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The PNW heatwave has been pushing itself east getting us into the low 90's the past few days.  I played/walked Madison Meadows and normally have no issue doing 27 holes.  The course is pretty hilly and I usually feel plenty exercised after doing so, but by hole 15 I was feeling pretty gassed.

On hole #17, after poking a tee in the ground for the par 3 iron shot, I stood up and felt dizzy 😬.  I had been drinking lots of water (even purchased a fruit punch Powerade) but at 92F, a bit more humid than normal, and no wind, it was "tap out" time.  I sat under the shade tree to rest then finished the last hole with little enthusiasm. 

A couple years ago, I experienced a minor bout of heat exhaustion while sawing logs at our community firewood bank.  I walked over to my truck to get water and pretty much had to rest on my elbows on the front seat while the dizziness and tunnel vision subsided.  It was the first time I ever experienced this. I'm told once you experience heat exhaustion you are susceptible too it... dunno?  

New respect for heat exposure... be safe out there.