Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Our weather this morning, at least it’s sunny😱D405FB42-DDDC-469D-A516-6383C55D1B04.jpeg.614344860b4b0def826f88967c2c1297.jpeg

That's what it was here this morning at tee off time, and the wind was 15-20 mph.  It didn't get to 68 though... 😠

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/7/2021 at 3:09 AM, BIG STU said:

Yeah it is cold damp and outright raw. This morning on the South end the rain is pounding and the wind blowing. I never went out of the house yesterday

Couple more days of cold mornings!!F8682418-807B-4FE6-9CF6-04BB8AB7CF79.jpeg.9c6363a765b3009493e834de819bd84d.jpeg

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Couple more days of cold mornings!!F8682418-807B-4FE6-9CF6-04BB8AB7CF79.jpeg.9c6363a765b3009493e834de819bd84d.jpeg

It was 37 here at 6 AM this morning

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Turning cooler here in the UK. But after years of football & mountain biking in freezing weather I'm still rocking shorts & polo shirts, much to the bemusement of the other folk out on the course 😆

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

4 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Forgive me for being the Google Maps guy but with family in Midlands, Staffordshire to be less vague as they are scattered a bit, it's always intriguing when I see a UK location.  Your county name gives no end of trouble to Americans who have no idea how to pronounce the Lea & Perrins sauce found in most places here in the US.  You should hear what they do with Leicester which is a small farming town about an hour east of Buffalo NY.

LOL I am Southeren by birth and we proudly butcher the "Kings English" all to heck

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

15 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

no idea how to pronounce the Lea & Perrins sauce

We keep it nice and simple here - Wu-ster-sher, not war-sester-shy-errr 😆

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

5 hours ago, DStar said:

W say--- Wooo-chest--- ishire----- and by the way I use Lee and Perrins almost as often as I do Texas Pete Hot Sauce. 2 absolute staples in our house. An I will admit we are fond of H&P Steak sauce. I always have Canadian Snowbird friends bring me a case down---- Due to the pandemic I am into Defcon 2 I have 1/2 a bottle left but one of my Snowbird friends is coming next week and will bring me a case

Edited by BIG STU

G

9 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Better to come from you than the perhaps addled version of a 1st gen American.  My education came during visits to family and touring to such places as Alnwick (An-ick), Keswick (Kess-ick), and everyone's favorite Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (LLPG) 🤣 

Bet you $20 I can butcher that last one 50 maybe 100 different ways

G

8 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Bet you $20 I can butcher that last one 50 maybe 100 different ways

Won’t take that bet😂

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Won’t take that bet😂

LOL Smart Man of course living in Florida you have heard some Redneck speech so you know how that would go. I know if I was in some type of contest and they gave me that word to read---- I would be thinking this is not goona end well

G

Ok will apologize to some of you in advance---- 70 here today Sunny no wind---- Fun day went out to the range hit balls about 60 or so. Went over to the putting green and practed chipping and putting--- Old bud of mine sometimes shootout partner came by wanted to play 9. Why not I am feeling ok---- Had a blast-- met another guy and we may be putting together another shootout team----- Tomorrow same weather we have the couples 9 and dine----- Then a cold front moves in and possibly more rain

G

30 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

LOL Smart Man of course living in Florida you have heard some Redneck speech so you know how that would go. I know if I was in some type of contest and they gave me that word to read---- I would be thinking this is not goona end well

The Florida Rednecks are mostly great people putting up with us invading their state.  The ones I know are hard working and you can tell by the second word out of their mouths there’re from here!

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

The Florida Rednecks are mostly great people putting up with us invading their state.  The ones I know are hard working and you can tell by the second word out of their mouths there’re from here!

LOL one of the first things Northern Snowbirds say when meeting me is---- I can tell you are not from Up North---- well I tell them kinda as far as SC is concerned I am ---- I am from North Charlotte North Carolina--- always gets a laugh-- And if some want to be Richard Noggins ( which I get along with most anyone) I will give them my death stare ( as my wife calls it) and inform the of the fact I am from North Charlotte NC and am a certified redneck and CAN be their worst nightmmare if provoked. 

G

Many “Locals” who grew up here, some 3 generations of Farmers don’t like us invading and changing Florida and I don’t blame them.  
We (wife especially) appreciate these hard working folks especially the Farmers.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 11/9/2021 at 6:48 AM, EasyPutter said:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch 

Is that in Wales?

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

25 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Is that in Wales?

It is 👍

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

Wife and I grew up small town New England and we prefer atmosphere, I’m kinda “small town mentality”.  At 75 not moving again. 
Our daughters and Gkids still have the small town attitude…so far. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Anyway weather is awesome, 75*, Sunny NO humidity and I’m sitting in a Burger King next door to wife’s doctor visit.

Had to cancel Golf today!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Florida and no humidity? That had to be awesome!

Humidity has been great for a while now,  that’s a real good thing!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, DStar said:

On 11/9/2021 at 4:26 AM, BIG STU said:

W say--- Wooo-chest--- ishire----- and by the way I use Lee and Perrins almost as often as I do Texas Pete Hot Sauce. 2 absolute staples in our house. An I will admit we are fond of H&P Steak sauce. I always have Canadian Snowbird friends bring me a case down---- Due to the pandemic I am into Defcon 2 I have 1/2 a bottle left but one of my Snowbird friends is coming next week and will bring me a case

IMG_1779.JPG.a4c05c967f1fbd7a75dd3812c14a534c.JPG

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

IMG_1779.JPG.a4c05c967f1fbd7a75dd3812c14a534c.JPG

Too bad they do not have a ROTFLMAO Icon because that is what you would have gotten on that post so I guess the Ha Ha will have to do. Around my house we refer to it French Cajun style as LEE and PEROINES sauce. 

G

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I couldn't imagine the amount of humidity you all get down there. 

I also meant to ask, is everything ok with your wife? 

Yes, everything OK.  Thanks for asking.

Rick

Left Hand, 

In Clearwater for the week on a work conference.  I haven’t been to Florida since 2015 and it’s nice to get back down here.

60* on the beach feels much different than 60* at home in the NE suburbs.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 minutes ago, bens197 said:

In Clearwater for the week on a work conference.  I haven’t been to Florida since 2015 and it’s nice to get back down here.

60* on the beach feels much different than 60* at home in the NE suburbs.

Definitely different!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Lots of wind today.  It was 25-35 mph when we played this morning, but the Wind Advisory says gusts to 55 mph through 10 pm Monday night.  The good news is that it's 5pm and the temperature is still 67º.  Supposed to be 70º tomorrow.  What's the wind chill at 70º and 50 mph winds?

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Lots of wind today.  It was 25-35 mph when we played this morning, but the Wind Advisory says gusts to 55 mph through 10 pm Monday night.  The good news is that it's 5pm and the temperature is still 67º.  Supposed to be 70º tomorrow.  What's the wind chill at 70º and 50 mph winds?

Ummm cold😱

Rick

Left Hand,