Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

24 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

12* tonight...the dog didn't want to stay out very long 😆 

You're getting what we had last week.  We finally are back to above freezing temps. but snow is still on the ground in the shadows.  Course might be open in a couple of days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15* this morning and wiiiiindy....man was it cold following the dog around.  This must be more of what @Kenny B sent our way......and I don't feel the need to thank him for his generosity.    🥶

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

51 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

15* this morning and wiiiiindy....man was it cold following the dog around.  This must be more of what @Kenny B sent our way......and I don't feel the need to thank him for his generosity.    🥶

8 at my house this morning wind chill days is feels like -3

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

26 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

8 at my house this morning wind chill days is feels like -3

I feel for you guys.  It's warmed up here to slightly above freezing and no wind.  Might get to play one day before we leave for Palm Springs.  Ironically, after we leave the temp goes up into the 50's. 😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I feel for you guys.  It's warmed up here to slightly above freezing and no wind.  Might get to play one day before we leave for Palm Springs.  Ironically, after we leave the temp goes up into the 50's. 😂

Yes tonight the low is supposed to be 0 so you know negatives with the wind and our high is 15 today 

7 for our low last night, no wind at all here so it's cold walking around outside but at least it doesn't make your eyes water!!  🥶

@tommc23 - did you go below 0 ?? 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Currently raining/sleeting sideways hitting my window so hard I can barely hear the stereo! Luckily, just a bit too warm for snow. Black ice on Monday could be treacherous, luckily a holiday for many.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Glad they got it wrong again by me. They predicted 6 to 8" of snow last night. 12" inches in the mountains down the road. We got 0 so far. Sun is out and it's 40 degrees. Looks like the mountain tops got some snow by looking out the window.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

271874730_4893126574074450_7504820620375333046_n.jpg.e8e807104c899b4855971387fc16113b.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

29 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I've played with people who stand over their ball that long.

Who took this picture of me without me knowing? 

We're starting to get some snow and the temperature is around 35. The roads are pretty good right now as I had to run to the Dollar Store to pick up a couple of things for dinner tonight. It's supposed to get into the mid 20's tonight so the roads might get a little slick.

My current situation:

Snow, snow, and more snow!  Fortunately I was able to play a round of golf yesterday.  I fear it will be at least a week before I can play again  

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

13 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

7 for our low last night, no wind at all here so it's cold walking around outside but at least it doesn't make your eyes water!!  🥶

@tommc23 - did you go below 0 ?? 

Yea truck said 0 and with the windchill I think it was -10 or 13 this morning. Snowing currently and they say at some point it may turn to freezing rain tonight. Gonna wake up extra early in the morning tomorrow to shovel and get to work on time.

21 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Glad they got it wrong again by me. They predicted 6 to 8" of snow last night. 12" inches in the mountains down the road. We got 0 so far. Sun is out and it's 40 degrees. Looks like the mountain tops got some snow by looking out the window.

Well maybe they got it right but just a day late. Woke up to 3" and now probably 4" and still snowing. Weather info said it should stop snowing by 3PM. Tennessee will be at a stand still for days. We don't do snow well!

24 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well maybe they got it right but just a day late. Woke up to 3" and now probably 4" and still snowing. Weather info said it should stop snowing by 3PM. Tennessee will be at a stand still for days. We don't do snow well!

We got that amount of snow in PA as well but we also got freezing rain on top of that turned everything into slush and ice

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Eventually they'd be right, just like a broken clock!

We got a couple hours of snow last evening giving about a 2" coating, then freezing rain for another hour or so then it got to 40*, turned to rain and washed everything away.  Windy and about 35 this morning which is fine as the wind should help dry out the standing water before it freezes.

And it's still snowing!

31 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

And it's still snowing!

Looks like you're going to be getting it until about 4. Hopefully it won't be too much more accumulation, you ain't kidding when you say those of us from Tennessee don't drive well on it.

We ended up getting around an inch here. I'm just glad the roads are looking good right now because I've got to go pick up groceries in a couple of hours. 

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Looks like you're going to be getting it until about 4. Hopefully it won't be too much more accumulation, you ain't kidding when you say those of us from Tennessee don't drive well on it.

We ended up getting around an inch here. I'm just glad the roads are looking good right now because I've got to go pick up groceries in a couple of hours. 

I'm from NY and CT, driving isn't the problem. I know how to drive on snow and ice. They just don't have enough snow plows and salt and sand trucks. They think spraying the roads with a water truck with a salt brine mixture is going to work. Not so much. I have lived in my house in TN for 16 years and I have seen a snow plow come down my street once. Well it was a pick up truck with a plow so not really a snow plow truck. They take care of main roads only, everything else is left for a warm day to melt it. 

20 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm from NY and CT, driving isn't the problem. I know how to drive on snow and ice. They just don't have enough snow plows and salt and sand trucks. They think spraying the roads with a water truck with a salt brine mixture is going to work. Not so much. I have lived in my house in TN for 16 years and I have seen a snow plow come down my street once. Well it was a pick up truck with a plow so not really a snow plow truck. They take care of main roads only, everything else is left for a warm day to melt it. 

When you’re from Northeast you learn quickly how to drive in rain, sleet snow and my all time favorite “wintry mix”!

Our last year in CT was an all time bad winter and that’s when we decided to move south PERMANENTLY.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

37 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm mainly worried about those of us that grew up down here that think because we have a pickup with 4wd that it'll be no problem. 

Back a few years ago, we had 7 inches and had to go to work. I lived in Birchwood, TN at the time and had just leased a convertible Beetle because my truck blew up and I couldn't afford to get it fixed because we were buying our house at the time. I counted 6 trucks in the ditch as I plugged along in the Vdub. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get the thirty miles just to find out not enough people made it to run. I stuck it out the full day because I didn't want to have to make that trip again. 

I really wish I could find the photo I took of the snowhawk my car had when I got there. 

35 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm mainly worried about those of us that grew up down here that think because we have a pickup with 4wd that it'll be no problem. 

Back a few years ago, we had 7 inches and had to go to work. I lived in Birchwood, TN at the time and had just leased a convertible Beetle because my truck blew up and I couldn't afford to get it fixed because we were buying our house at the time. I counted 6 trucks in the ditch as I plugged along in the Vdub. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get the thirty miles just to find out not enough people made it to run. I stuck it out the full day because I didn't want to have to make that trip again. 

I really wish I could find the photo I took of the snowhawk my car had when I got there. 

7” was a healthy “dusting”, no problem for the Vdub.  Rear engine Vdub’s were underrated in snow.  Only time they were in trouble was deep snow that built up under the vehicle and lifted off the road.  
nothing stops freezing rain& black ice.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

32 minutes ago, Rickp said:

7” was a healthy “dusting”, no problem for the Vdub.  Rear engine Vdub’s were underrated in snow.  Only time they were in trouble was deep snow that built up under the vehicle and lifted off the road.  

Yup!  Had a '68 VW that was great in the snow.  Unfortunately, I stopped and the car behind me couldn't.  Not a good place to get hit.

My last day of playing golf was Dec 26; cold and windy if I remember correctly and it started to snow on #15.  Course has been closed ever since.  It was supposed to open this last weekend, but it took longer than usual for the ground to thaw and the snow melt to go away.  

image001.jpg.824f1539d5c03093af833d5a7285b00e.jpg

Well, the course opened today, but I'm packing for our trip to Palm Springs tomorrow.  Cleaned out the bag; getting it ready.  Haven't flown in 2 years; longest period of not flying in 40+ years.

Meanwhile, Palm Springs will be sunny and 70-77º for the next two weeks.  Sweet!!

37 minutes ago, Rickp said:

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yup!  Had a '68 VW that was great in the snow.  Unfortunately, I stopped and the car behind me couldn't.  Not a good place to get hit.

I can't complain about the performance of the VW's I've leased in the snow and in slippery conditions. 

My second one was a 2014 Jetta base model that had 115 hp. 

Screenshot_20220117-174003_Firefox-01.jpeg.807ae87098561229b7a295c23baeb78c.jpeg

That car was not my favorite as it was weak as all get out. We had a night where we had some of the wintry mix and I went to to pick up pizza. It was getting slick by the time I was heading home, I could tell by the Ford Ranger that was getting squirrelly in front of me. I get to the entrance to my road and there's this Mitsubishi SUV on the hill going nowhere. After waiting behind them for a few minutes, I pulled into the other lane and went to the house. 

13 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I can't complain about the performance of the VW's I've leased in the snow and in slippery conditions. 

My second one was a 2014 Jetta base model that had 115 hp. 

Screenshot_20220117-174003_Firefox-01.jpeg.807ae87098561229b7a295c23baeb78c.jpeg

That car was not my favorite as it was weak as all get out. We had a night where we had some of the wintry mix and I went to to pick up pizza. It was getting slick by the time I was heading home, I could tell by the Ford Ranger that was getting squirrelly in front of me. I get to the entrance to my road and there's this Mitsubishi SUV on the hill going nowhere. After waiting behind them for a few minutes, I pulled into the other lane and went to the house. 

All the Jettas I've ever seen are driven like a bat outta he!!.  For some reason Jetta owners just HAVE to get in front of a Mercedes!

36 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My last day of playing golf was Dec 26; cold and windy if I remember correctly and it started to snow on #15.  Course has been closed ever since.  It was supposed to open this last weekend, but it took longer than usual for the ground to thaw and the snow melt to go away.  

image001.jpg.824f1539d5c03093af833d5a7285b00e.jpg

Well, the course opened today, but I'm packing for our trip to Palm Springs tomorrow.  Cleaned out the bag; getting it ready.  Haven't flown in 2 years; longest period of not flying in 40+ years.

Meanwhile, Palm Springs will be sunny and 70-77º for the next two weeks.  Sweet!!

I'm sure the golf course misses you and will welcome you back after your trip. I hope you have a safe and fun trip to Palm Springs. 

@sirchunksalotI have to admit the Atlas is solid in the snow.  I'm going to need new tires soon and it still cuts through like a knife.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12* this morning....high today may poke its nose above freezing.  Still putting in the basement and not outside.

I haven't hit any into the net the last week or so either, too cold in the pole barn with the wind.  I've just been swinging the weighted club a little to try to stay flexible.

18* this morning and clear skies so far.  We are supposed to double that temp and get to 36 or so today.  I might even open up the door on the pole barn and hit a few into the net!