TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

This week is projected as high 80s/low 90s…..😮. Probably windy all week too which is pretty normal. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Friday was horrific. Rain, hail, wind gusts over 60 mph. Check this out! listen on mute the woman screaming is a little excited to say the least. 

Lucky my area wasn't hit as hard but this was only a few minutes away. Then of course Demo Day was the next morning. Everything was soaked. On Mothers Day the course was good again but just wet with a few trees down that were not in play and the sand traps were mini ponds on half of them. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

42 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Friday was horrific. Rain, hail, wind gusts over 60 mph. Check this out! listen on mute the woman screaming is a little excited to say the least. 

Lucky my area wasn't hit as hard but this was only a few minutes away. Then of course Demo Day was the next morning. Everything was soaked. On Mothers Day the course was good again but just wet with a few trees down that were not in play and the sand traps were mini ponds on half of them. 

Since you stated that it should be muted, I left the volume on. She was definitely excited about that. 

grey, 45* and the deck is white with hail... ahh spring in Oregon

Tour Edge EXS KBS Max 80

Tour Edge C722 3H, 5H Ventus Blue 7-R (great stock shaft)

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60

Ping G400 UST Helium Proto 5f4

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

1 hour ago, Bunker Snot said:

grey, 45* and the deck is white with hail... ahh spring in Oregon

Spring... along with Fall... and Winter is why I left Corvallis 52 years ago!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Finally nice enough to play (Indiana)

didn't get my first round in until May 1....that's gotta be the latest i've started.....time to start makin up for it

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

55* this morning by the time I woke up.  Didn't get home until 1 last night and slept in a bit.  Heading to 70 something which is great for league night!!!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Supposed to be in the 70s today here in Boise (finally) but now we got rain moving through.  This after getting snow last week.  

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

2 minutes ago, CWR said:

Supposed to be in the 70s today here in Boise (finally) but now we got rain moving through.  This after getting snow last week.  

It's supposed to be in the 70's here today too, but it's raining now... supposed to quit about 30 minutes before our tee time.  😃  Then sunny!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We received 3.65” rain last night and more threatened for next couple days.  Rainy Season is on the way👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

46 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Does it rain much there????? 😂 I know it does toward the coast, been in it…

We average 7 inches of rain a YEAR!!  One of the reasons I moved here from Corvallis where it rains 40 inches a year... the other reason was I was offered a job that I was looking for when I got out of college.

95 and again tomorrow…..the days we chose to move stuff into storage and my parents pre-selling….genius

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Today was the last of the nice weather days we're going to have for a few days. High in the 90's and sunny. My day was spent at work as seen in a photo I took sitting in the parking lot at 4:30 this morning. 

20220521_043412-01.jpeg.6d08119317448ba70ac9f4e238f9d031.jpeg

I think @Rickp decided he's going to send some of the Florida rain up my way. We're supposed to get storms starting tomorrow. 

27 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Today was the last of the nice weather days we're going to have for a few days. High in the 90's and sunny. My day was spent at work as seen in a photo I took sitting in the parking lot at 4:30 this morning. 

20220521_043412-01.jpeg.6d08119317448ba70ac9f4e238f9d031.jpeg

I think @Rickp decided he's going to send some of the Florida rain up my way. We're supposed to get storms starting tomorrow. 

It’s pouring right now!!  A big ole thunderstorm.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Low 60s, no wind, and plenty of sunshine this weekend. Perfect weather for walking 18 holes for me. Unfortunately I was unable to get out today but my bag and cart are already loaded for tomorrow morning. 😁

Gonna be wild for the Saturday tournament. I am a 730am tee time. 

C5CDA654-EA90-4EDD-86D5-AAD03740C493.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 5/26/2022 at 4:54 PM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Gonna be wild for the Saturday tournament. I am a 730am tee time. 

C5CDA654-EA90-4EDD-86D5-AAD03740C493.png

Best of luck to you!!  That rain hits us late Sat and early Sun morning... 55º and  30% chance of rain;  0.02 inches... Ahhh! the drier side of the Cascades!!  🤣

It was a nice, calm 85º day today.  Weather was expected to move in Friday morning with rain and T-Storms.  Apparently it got here a little early.  Wind went from 5 mph to 25+ in a matter of minutes, but the T-storms went east and west of us... no rain... yet.  I suspect that there might be some wildfires or forest fires pop up.  Headed your way @Thin2win.

2035697005_ScreenShot2022-06-02at6_58_22PM.jpeg.ee0015366cc66684b5e16ac05a3a45f6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Call it what you want... Atmospheric River, Pineapple Express... make it stop!!!  

We live in a desert!!  We aren't supposed to have rain this time of the year!  Snow in the mountains!!

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Call it what you want... Atmospheric River, Pineapple Express... make it stop!!!  

We live in a desert!!  We aren't supposed to have rain this time of the year!  Snow in the mountains!!

Tell me about it!  I live in the high desert, since I have been here 80s and sunny starts in later April, sunny continues through September, 80s and above through early Oct.  This year I decide to get back into golf full time, haven't seen back to back 80 degree days yet, more rain and snow to the point that our water table is starting to fill back up, and then the wind has been horrendous. This morning, the middle of June, and it is below 50 and raining here.  Make it stop.

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip

- Harvey Penick

45 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Tell me about it!  I live in the high desert, since I have been here 80s and sunny starts in later April, sunny continues through September, 80s and above through early Oct.  This year I decide to get back into golf full time, haven't seen back to back 80 degree days yet, more rain and snow to the point that our water table is starting to fill back up, and then the wind has been horrendous. This morning, the middle of June, and it is below 50 and raining here.  Make it stop.

We've had a few 80 degree days and it got close to 90 last week, but it's raining now at 51º and the wind is blowing 20+ with gusts to 40.  Last year in mid-late June we hit 118º.  I think that record is safe this year.

Just now, Kenny B said:

We've had a few 80 degree days and it got close to 90 last week, but it's raining now at 51º and the wind is blowing 20+ with gusts to 40.  Last year in mid-late June we hit 118º.  I think that record is safe this year.

Yeah, being in Idaho, we just get your leftover weather, so I don't see us breaking any heat records anytime soon.

- Harvey Penick

Florida Thunderstorm just rolled thru here, 20 min downpour!

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Florida Thunderstorm just rolled thru here, 20 min downpour!

Ah, must be either noon or 4pm depending on where in FL you are located ... 

- Harvey Penick

1 minute ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Ah, must be either noon or 4pm depending on where in FL you are located ... 

Yup, nooner.  Hope we get one later also!

Rick

Left Hand, 

57 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, nooner.  Hope we get one later also!

Right on time... every time I've been there in the summer.