Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
ole gray

Weather in your neck of the woods?

7 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Oooh, that's bizarre...I hadn't heard anything about that. We've had some amount of wind associated with the weather here, but nothing that violent that would have kicked up dust like this...it's been too wet for dusty conditions of any type here quite honestly. And add that for dust to come from us clear down in SW Idaho and go backwards toward the West against prevailing winds..?! I question the science here...weird. Icky, but weird...

When the storms have come in this past week, the wind comes out of the north but the storm is rotating CCW.  All of the moisture is coming up from California, Eastern Oregon, and hitting us from the SE.  I didn't know there was any earth that wasn't covered with snow within 300 miles of here!!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, blackngold_blood said:

My wife showed me a weather report on facebook for our area next week.  It says 12"-18" of snow likely with the possibility of up to 36"!  I laughed and told her no way we are going to get that much snow.  I sure hope I'm not wrong on that!

Well turns out I wasn't wrong.  The storm passed us by and only dropped 4-5" of light fluffy stuff.  Sure would be nice if that was the last time I have to shovel the driveway until next year!

• Like 1

Cold here in Southern Massachusetts. Got around 4 inches the other day. Been pretty cold winter compared to last year. But very little snowfall. Hope it doesn't repeat last year with two major snowstorms in March. Getting itchy.

Eagle1.jpg

golf sign.jpg

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

When the storms have come in this past week, the wind comes out of the north but the storm is rotating CCW.  All of the moisture is coming up from California, Eastern Oregon, and hitting us from the SE.  I didn't know there was any earth that wasn't covered with snow within 300 miles of here!!

gotcha. That makes a little more sense. It sure has been wild of late for sure.

Begin rant:

So I was reading up on a weather story about this "atmospheric river" hammering Cali and all surrounding states including us here in Idaho to a degree.  After finishing it, I continued on looking at related stories and observed that 1/2 of them are about extreme cold and winter events all over North america and the other 1/2 are touting doom and gloom about human-caused fricking global warming..! So? Which is it people??!! I recon it just boils down to your agenda on what is reported and how. Me? My thoughts are clear on this. Global warming or even global cooling (yes, that was a big story in the 70's BTW) is a simple fact of nature-The earth gets closer to the sun for periods and gets further away for periods...period. If humans are at total fault for global warming this go-round (as many suggest), then those dastardly pre-historic humans during the ice age must have been really pumping out some serious green house gasses back 20,000 years ago and obvoiusly had high carbon footprints in order to melt off all those big ass ice sheets that were everywhere. Mammoth farts maybe? Get a flippin' grip. It's winter. It gets cold and nasty at times. Come summer, I bet it gets hot & nasty then too...Weird. Also let's not forget that our hot liquid nickel core throws us about quite a lot too. Anyone read up on the rapid movement of magnetic North lately? Maybe that has nothing to do with it and instead it is the sheer mass of human bodies and thier bulk on the planet surface that is swaying the globe around...Yeah, yeah! That's it!

STOP telling me it's purely people driven! That is all...

Rant off.

PS: Stone cold sober-just pissed off

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Begin rant:

So I was reading up on a weather story about this "atmospheric river" hammering Cali and all surrounding states including us here in Idaho to a degree.  After finishing it, I continued on looking at related stories and observed that 1/2 of them are about extreme cold and winter events all over North america and the other 1/2 are touting doom and gloom about human-caused fricking global warming..! So? Which is it people??!! I recon it just boils down to your agenda on what is reported and how. Me? My thoughts are clear on this. Global warming or even global cooling (yes, that was a big story in the 70's BTW) is a simple fact of nature-The earth gets closer to the sun for periods and gets further away for periods...period. If humans are at total fault for global warming this go-round (as many suggest), then those dastardly pre-historic humans during the ice age must have been really pumping out some serious green house gasses back 20,000 years ago and obvoiusly had high carbon footprints in order to melt off all those big ass ice sheets that were everywhere. Mammoth farts maybe? Get a flippin' grip. It's winter. It gets cold and nasty at times. Come summer, I bet it gets hot & nasty then too...Weird. Also let's not forget that our hot liquid nickel core throws us about quite a lot too. Anyone read up on the rapid movement of magnetic North lately? Maybe that has nothing to do with it and instead it is the sheer mass of human bodies and thier bulk on the planet surface that is swaying the globe around...Yeah, yeah! That's it!

STOP telling me it's purely people driven! That is all...

Rant off.

PS: Stone cold sober-just pissed off

There we go!! You have no idea how frickin hard it is to find people like this in MN! We live on the tundra people, use your brain! 

Edited by GB13
  • Love 1

We're supposed to set the record for most snow in February ever today... and it's only the 16th. 😱

Edited by GB13
  • Like 1

We're supposed to set the record for most snow in February ever today... and it's only the 16th.

We directed all of the snow to you since you guys are so use to it

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'm getting cabin fever.  Haven't swung a club in over 2 weeks.  

Still have 7 inches of snow and 2 foot drifts.  Just got above freezing for the first time since Feb 8, but back to teens and 20's next week; maybe a little more snow tomorrow.  😠

I am not used to this.  How do you folks back east deal with it for months on end??  There has only been one winter in the past 25 years that I haven't been able to play golf for more than a week... until now.

Kenny- I am with you! We have finally started to thaw a bit on the west side but went to the range today in hopes to take some hacks and it still has a foot on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy