Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

Started raining about an hour ago; supposed to get about 1/4" and quit about midnight.  Then the winds come tomorrow;  22-40 mph.  We have a 9:46 tee time.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Drove over to the beach to do some storm watching. 30 mph winds, big tides, and rain. Chased it down with some great seafood and a beverage. 

• Like 3

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Snow, snow and more snow. Shot my last two sets at the trap range just as the heavy stuff started. First time my son has been out to shoot with the snow coming down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

27 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Drove over to the beach to do some storm watching. 30 mph winds, big tides, and rain. Chased it down with some great seafood and a beverage. 

Nice you can eat out; we can't.  Where did you eat?  Restaurant in Lincoln City?  I like Depoe Bay.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

right after i took that pic we had some really big snow flakes for about 15 min then it turned to rain.  Its been raining since, but is right at 32* so its freezing on the trees.  The spousal unit went to pick up the kid and called about 200 yards from the house because there was a tree across the road.  It was broken up enough to get 1/2 the road clear and I called to get them to bring something big enough to drag the main trunk off the other half of the road.  I hope we don't lose power tonight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Nice you can eat out; we can't.  Where did you eat?  Restaurant in Lincoln City?  I like Depoe Bay.

We ate at Lunas Fish House in Yachats. Chowder, oyster shooters, calamari, fish tacos, and chips. Very good meal. We cant eat inside but we can eat in a mostly enclosed shelter. Tables spaced far apart complete with propane heaters. Warm enough to sit in with a light jacket or sweatshirt. 

Edited by pulledabill
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Everyone in the northeast - looks like you've goat white Christmas on its way. Stay safe.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Very white supposed to get 10”+ gonna be fun in the morning 

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

29 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

right after i took that pic we had some really big snow flakes for about 15 min then it turned to rain.  Its been raining since, but is right at 32* so its freezing on the trees.  The spousal unit went to pick up the kid and called about 200 yards from the house because there was a tree across the road.  It was broken up enough to get 1/2 the road clear and I called to get them to bring something big enough to drag the main trunk off the other half of the road.  I hope we don't lose power tonight.

Best of luck to you.  We don't get heavy snowfalls (just too dry).  Our snowflakes are usually quite small.  We do have freezing rain once in awhile, but our power is quite stable even though we do have high winds.  I can't remember the power being off more than an hour in the 51 years I've lived here.  I've thought about a backup power generator, but there's just no need.

• Like 1

24 this morning with clear skies.  Mostly rain last night but I do see a light dusting on top of the ice so it turned back to snow briefly before blowing out of here.  I saw the road crew moving the tree trunk this morning, I guess I should have taken the chainsaw down last night to get it out of the way.  The high today is supposed to hit upper 30's so it may get rid of the snow / ice in most places if the sun stays strong.

20201217_073952.jpg.3b03f5f7fb7d1501b2237db3ddddcb38.jpg

We made it through the night without losing power which is a big plus!!  Our road is about 3 miles winding through the state forest with lots of trees to fall across the power lines.  When we lose it we are usually out for 6 - 8 hours until they get to us....unless its a big storm and then its a lot longer until they get down to us on the priority list.  I was glad I didn't have to get the generator out and hooked up in the middle of the night.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Coming down pretty heavy right now in SE MA. I've got the snowblower right at the garage door and ready to start clearing things out as soon as it stops later today.

• Like 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Just now, russtopherb said:

Coming down pretty heavy right now in SE MA. I've got the snowblower right at the garage door and ready to start clearing things out as soon as it stops later today.

Over a foot for us right now 🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Over a foot for us right now 🤦‍♂️

We're probably around 8" or so, being right off the water we're getting a little less than you guys.

• Like 4

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

What's a snowblower?  😁  Here it can snow all day, and we might get an inch.  Too dry; tiny flakes.  While I have a snow shovel, most of the time I use a push broom to clear the driveway. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Very white supposed to get 10”+ gonna be fun in the morning 

13” in central CT @ 8:00 this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Woke up to at least 6 probably more like 9 inches already and still coming down pretty well. Probably should be getting over a foot, supposed to be more south of here. Feel bad for the folks down there could be quite the storm. A white Christmas is probably and understatement.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

Storm update we got between 14 and 15 inches. Just a bit south of here something crazy happened, one town got 42 inches, yes 42. My kids daycare got about 36 inches. I'll grab a picture when I drop them off. It was light but still it was a ton of snow. White Christmas for sure. Few photos of the snow and the spot left after cleaning my wife's car at the end of the day, not my best idea.

PXL_20201217_210556286.jpg

PXL_20201217_193422873.jpg

PXL_20201217_193501492.jpg

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

31 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Storm update we got between 14 and 15 inches. Just a bit south of here something crazy happened, one town got 42 inches, yes 42. My kids daycare got about 36 inches. I'll grab a picture when I drop them off. It was light but still it was a ton of snow. White Christmas for sure. Few photos of the snow and the spot left after cleaning my wife's car at the end of the day, not my best idea.

PXL_20201217_210556286.jpg

PXL_20201217_193422873.jpg

PXL_20201217_193501492.jpg

Those sharp edges are medicine for folks with OCD. Nice work 😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

We have the same conditions as yesterday morning, 24 with clear skies.  High today forecast to be in high 30's so a little more snow melt.  The gravel driveway has a coating of ice on it from the snow melt and refreeze last night, I'll break that up a little late when it gets above 32.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Those sharp edges are medicine for folks with OCD. Nice work 😊

Cant take credit for those the car left them, but yes I do try to keep things neat. Though living on a hill and needing to throw snow only to one side make it blow a bit, but could be worse.

• Like 4

We had a tornado this week - it actually went right across the Bay, drivers on one of the bridges were enveloped by it but no one was injured. It passed about 1/2 mile north of the hospital that I was making visits at.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.