Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

Well, this trip through the Columbia River Gorge was interesting.  I-5 was icy from Salem north to Portland and around Portland on I-205.  Just as we merged onto I-84 in east Portland the traffic slowed from 35mph to about 5 mph; came around the bend and saw this:

IMG_5680.jpeg.93bf68e74acbbbe609d9b779bca90869.jpeg

IMG_5681.jpeg.2250bcd48f8efd3c001f422ef94ef51b.jpeg

That's not going to buff out!!

We moved along pretty well about 40mph through Troutdale, then just west of Multnomah Falls all traffic came to a stop.  Snowing and the wind was blowing probably 40mph directly into us.  We sat there for about 30 minutes; lots of truck traffic.  We started moving about 2-3 mph for the next 30 minutes.  After Multnomah Falls exit we got up to 35-40mph again.

IMG_1355.jpeg.bf64abbb41dbaf43a75256bf33c397fd.jpeg

The snow was blowing so much that at some points, it was almost a white-out.  I tucked in behind an 18-wheeler and followed.  Once we got past Hood River, traffic was better and the roads were just packed snow with not much ice, and the wind was less.  After The Dalles the roads were bare; de-icer was used.  

Overall, the normal 4.5 hour (5 hours because my wife has to pee) 300 mile trip took 8 hours (2 pee stops; one stop for lunch).  Got home at 7pm (snowing hard here).  I just heard that the Oregon State Police closed I-84 from Troutdale to Hood River at 9pm.  They are expecting feet of snow and winds 50-60mph tonight and Saturday.  

Making this trip through the Gorge for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year for 52 years, I would rank this trip in the top 10 for bad conditions, but it's not in the top 5.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

With COVID lockdown we can only play in 2 balls at the moment but the course has been open only 5 days since Christmas. Heavy snowfall this week course closed again. Thaw due to start tomorrow so hopefully course might re-open by the end of the week. 

IMG_4960.JPEG

IMG_4959.JPEG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

On 2/10/2021 at 4:46 PM, pulledabill said:

Im still trying to figure out why you drive on a parkway, and park on a drive way. 

LOL that much deep thinking is way above my pay grade

• Like 3

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex--- 9 Wood TM V-Steel Stock TM Stiff---- 1 Iron Ping Eye2 Stock Ping blue label medium---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bags either Jones Original non stand or Burton Mini Staff non advertising model

....and I am concerned that we’ll see some rain mid-round today. Y’all stay warm and dry. Be safe if you have to go out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Well for us it has been rain rain rain. Rain for the next 7 days. Temp in the high 30s with the wind blowing makes it raw bone chilling cold here at sea level. On top of all the rain we have had that same system that reaked havoc in Texas is coming across but without the snow and ice. Drainage here is a issue to with the sandy soil. A lot of the ranges mine included are closed because they can not pick due to wet ground and they also lose too many balls due to plugging

• Like 4

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex--- 9 Wood TM V-Steel Stock TM Stiff---- 1 Iron Ping Eye2 Stock Ping blue label medium---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bags either Jones Original non stand or Burton Mini Staff non advertising model

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

....and I am concerned that we’ll see some rain mid-round today. Y’all stay warm and dry. Be safe if you have to go out.

Lucky Dog at worst you will get some holes in but I hope you get all of them in.  

• Like 3

Well, this trip through the Columbia River Gorge was interesting.  I-5 was icy from Salem north to Portland and around Portland on I-205.  Just as we merged onto I-84 in east Portland the traffic slowed from 35mph to about 5 mph; came around the bend and saw this:
We moved along pretty well about 40mph through Troutdale, then just west of Multnomah Falls all traffic came to a stop.  Snowing and the wind was blowing probably 40mph directly into us.  We sat there for about 30 minutes; lots of truck traffic.  We started moving about 2-3 mph for the next 30 minutes.  After Multnomah Falls exit we got up to 35-40mph again.
The snow was blowing so much that at some points, it was almost a white-out.  I tucked in behind an 18-wheeler and followed.  Once we got past Hood River, traffic was better and the roads were just packed snow with not much ice, and the wind was less.  After The Dalles the roads were bare; de-icer was used.  
Overall, the normal 4.5 hour (5 hours because my wife has to pee) 300 mile trip took 8 hours (2 pee stops; one stop for lunch).  Got home at 7pm (snowing hard here).  I just heard that the Oregon State Police closed I-84 from Troutdale to Hood River at 9pm.  They are expecting feet of snow and winds 50-60mph tonight and Saturday.  
Making this trip through the Gorge for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year for 52 years, I would rank this trip in the top 10 for bad conditions, but it's not in the top 5.

Yup, snow/ice can make travel miserable.
Years ago it took me 4.5 hours to travel 11 miles to home.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Oh man..rough trip. I wondered if you would bail yesterday with all the snow and ice in the forecast.  

Pretty much have had freezing rain here in Keizer since Thursday night. Its 330 am here and Ive had a restless night worried about trees around my house.Power out all over and trees coming down. Roaming FB I see my sister had a tree come down about 1sm that just missed her house. 

I dont lose power much at my place but Im going to shower while I can, bundle up, survey my neighborhood.  

• Like 4

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

So spooky outside. Transformers popping, and trees/branches falling everywhere. Sounds like a war zone with all the popping. Ive lost a good portion of a birch and one limb caught the house which is what got me up. Brushed it. 

Neighbor lost a limb while I was outside that hit the cable to a light pole. Moved the top about 3 feet. Thought it was coming down. 

Going to be a long day until it gets above freezing which isnt for another 4 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

We are on the rain/sleet/freezing rain line for today.  Nothing yet but it is supposed to start rolling through about noon.  The grass is still snow covered and will probably stay that way until next weekend at least since temps are staying right at freezing all week.  Don't forget to get your valentine flowers today.

• Like 3

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

More snow this weekend. [emoji24]

February is a cruel month. Hopefully this gets all the winter out. Hoping for an early Spring!

It’s just hard to stay fresh or do SuperSpeed with 10+ inches of snow in the yard and overnight lows in the single digits or teens. [emoji23]

• Like 7

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Weather in Delaware sucks lately.  Snow, much like the rest of the Northern East Coast.  When the snow melts, the rain comes in.  We just can't dry out.  What really sucks, is I am leaving for Pinehurst next week and was hoping to get a few practice rounds in before I go.  Doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon.  It's either been too wet or snowing for the past two weeks with more to come this week.  UGH

• Like 7

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Glad you got back in one piece

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

Lost power and it was quite the show with  the lines coming down. Neighbor a few doors away has hole in her roof. Most of Keizer has no power. Its quieting down outside but day light is still an hour away. My walnut trees are still a concern. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Cold & rainy, again! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

4 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Lost power and it was quite the show with  the lines coming down. Neighbor a few doors away has hole in her roof. Most of Keizer has no power. Its quieting down outside but day light is still an hour away. My walnut trees are still a concern. 

Hope the power comes back on soon!!  The crews should have been ready; plenty of warning.

My parents used to live off the old Hwy 99 just south of Monmouth at the end of the power line.  They lost power all the time.  I'm not sure why dad never got a generator.  One year we were coming for Christmas from the coast (actually had snow on the beach!!), and their power was out.  They got a hotel room in Monmouth to shower and keep warm while dad kept the wood stove going so the pips didn't freeze.  We got there on Christmas day and the power came on!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

39 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Hope the power comes back on soon!!  The crews should have been ready; plenty of warning.

My parents used to live off the old Hwy 99 just south of Monmouth at the end of the power line.  They lost power all the time.  I'm not sure why dad never got a generator.  One year we were coming for Christmas from the coast (actually had snow on the beach!!), and their power was out.  They got a hotel room in Monmouth to shower and keep warm while dad kept the wood stove going so the pips didn't freeze.  We got there on Christmas day and the power came on!!

Its ugly and there will be no power anytime soon. Clinging to hope no more damage and my walnuts stay intact and dont hurt my house or my neighbors. Still raining lightly at 29 degrees. Limbs falling are increasing again but nothing like a a couple hours ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Hope things clear up quickly for you guys, stay safe!

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

More rain;  at least I am out of the snow/ice that is hitting about an hour from here.    Rain is expected to continue for the next week.  really want to get out and play but I think it will be a muddy mess for a while.   Since most wanted driver testing is done, maybe I can get some time in on the GC Quad after putter sessions.

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

below freezing the last few days since it snowed. it’s been a chore just to take the dogs for a walk. 

we’re looking at another wet week. i’m hoping it stays above freezing (supposed to be mid-high 30s) so that the rain melts some of this snow. 

my patio furniture is under 2-3’ snow drifts and i’ve gotta get it packed up to move. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Select Laguna