Weather in your neck of the woods?

Our Sponsors

We were supposed to play 9 with another couple this afternoon at an executive course, however, because of the downpour the course is closed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I'll add my part. I'm sure the beach has dusting of snow and ice but I'm sorry to disappoint you, I live 2.5 hours south of Houston. It is even rarer for us to get the fluffy white stuff. And I no

We added another six inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday. Wind chills well below zero this morning with actual temps near the negatives, too. They're talking up to a few more inches later this we

4 days after the storm. Almost walked home without a jacket. 

Posted Images

22º feels like 14º; snowed all night, very fine powder; still snowing; drifts 2-3 feet; low tonight 13º and supposed to snow through Monday night.  

No golf for at least 2 weeks.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We were supposed to play 9 with another couple this afternoon at an executive course, however, because of the downpour the course is closed. 

This one? We were sitting in the Covid Shot line when this went thru.Image1613244517.820136.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

This one? We were sitting in the Covid Shot line when this went thru.Image1613244517.820136.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WOW brings back memories in that area. A friend of mine who was a carny owned a trailer in Winter Haven. So in the summer when he was out on the road and I was down playing the Mini Tours I stayed in his trailer free of charge. Good base of operations for me since we played mostly in the Orlando, Kissimmee and Tampa areas. Now believe it of not that place was quiet in the summer but fall and winter it was party central. I stayed down one year to the fall and took a job at a Chevy Caddy dealer in Tampa. Did not have any tools with me per say but detailed cars and did general building maintenance. Was supposed to go home Thanksgiving and get my tools and return but never went back. I called the manager and told him I was staying in Greenville NC. Went back the following spring to play golf again---- Man those were the days.

LOL that was how I got one of my nicknames "Trailer Park"

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

14th hour no power. Every saw in town is sold as well as generators. Long line at all food places and gas stations. if there is power. Hanging around mid 30s with some light rain. My trees took major damage as did most people. 

Power company came and cleared lines in my area but no power as of yet. Maybe tomorrow. Ice still on trees but melting off. I took my food to a buddies and living out of cupboard and propane stove along with 1000s of others Id assume.  

If no power tomorrow I might go stay elsewhere. 

This ice storm was no joke for us. Be safe as I hear its hitting other parts of country soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

5 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

14th hour no power. Every saw in town is sold as well as generators. Long line at all food places and gas stations. if there is power. Hanging around mid 30s with some light rain. My trees took major damage as did most people. 

Power company came and cleared lines in my area but no power as of yet. Maybe tomorrow. Ice still on trees but melting off. I took my food to a buddies and living out of cupboard and propane stove along with 1000s of others Id assume.  

This ice storm was no joke for us. Be safe as I hear its hitting other parts of country soon. 

Hope you get power back soon, but at least it's above freezing.  It was below freezing in Corvallis a few nights last week.  I had to scrape my windshield a couple of mornings.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Hope you get power soon, it's a pain to deal with that.  We had light rain all day yesterday and temps stayed at about 29 so it was creating a lot of icicles.  I kept watching the trees but for some fantastic reason it didn't build up on the branches too much.

26 this morning and its an ice skating rink on everything on the property, even the stone driveway is ice covered and slick.  The dog didn't like trying to hop back up the icy deck steps, after the first one she turned around looking at me for a boost.  🤣

IMG_20210213_153606230.jpg.3bcae9f556623dfecd56da22e556d1c1.jpg

• Like 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

We're under a storm warning from 1am tomorrow until 1pm Tuesday. They are saying somewhere between 4" and 7" of snow. So happy I have tomorrow off.

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We're under a storm warning from 1am tomorrow until 1pm Tuesday. They are saying somewhere between 4" and 7" of snow. So happy I have tomorrow off.
I work from home right now but this is the roughest part of the year. Can only putt so much. Another 4-6 weeks....

Take Dead Aim

• Like 4

Take Dead Aim

Power back on late last night. Drove around my home course and the place is mutilated with a couple houses taking big hits from big trees. 

On to clean up. 

• Like 4

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Snowing again.  27º  Forecast is snow all night long, then freezing rain in the morning.

So far, we've had about a foot of snow with 3 foot drifts.  The bad news is I have a very long concrete driveway leading to a 3-car garage.  The good news is that I started shoveling it yesterday, and my neighbor came over with his snowblower.  Need to do it again tomorrow!!

• Like 3

Rain again today. Ice storm watch for tomorrow.  Can't wait for March to get here. 

• Like 5

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Wet and in the 40s....meanwhile, the rest of Oregon is getting the bad stuff.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Wet and in the 40s....meanwhile, the rest of Oregon is getting the bad stuff.

You are just far enough south.

• Like 1

Sleet has started... Ugh. Praying we don’t lose power this week!!!!

AEB91EBA-97E7-47B1-B06B-EE5EDEC3CCDE.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You are just far enough south.

Yep...and being in a valley tends to keep us sheltered, as well.  Not always, but often.

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Sleet has started... Ugh. Praying we don’t lose power this week!!!!

AEB91EBA-97E7-47B1-B06B-EE5EDEC3CCDE.png

WOW and you folks are like us not used to it--- Now we have gotten an abundance of rain to already soaked ground. My back yard around the shop and hitting mat is flooded like when we had hurricanes. It has rained steady all day yesterday and I think we are going to get the storm that you guys are getting now in the form of rain for us around Tuesday.

• Like 4

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I think rain is in the forecast today rather than the ice if we are lucky.  The ice line is just north of us so it could change by the time it gets here late afternoon.

• Like 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:33 AM, B.Boston said:

More snow this weekend. emoji24.png

February is a cruel month. Hopefully this gets all the winter out. Hoping for an early Spring!

It’s just hard to stay fresh or do SuperSpeed with 10+ inches of snow in the yard and overnight lows in the single digits or teens. emoji23.png

Yup. I'm so over winter, yet we have the possibility of another 18 inches this week.

Screenshot_20210215-084430_AccuWeather.jpg.fc0f7d780ba07bcccce46526e04430b8.jpg

Doesn't mother nature realize I'm jonesing to play a bunch of golf?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

Yup. I'm so over winter, yet we have the possibility of another 18 inches this week.

Screenshot_20210215-084430_AccuWeather.jpg.fc0f7d780ba07bcccce46526e04430b8.jpg

Doesn't mother nature realize I'm jonesing to play a bunch of golf?

Ouch. We’re not supposed to get more snow from tonight’s storm... which you think would be a good thing. Instead were supposed to get a half inch of ice from freezing rain. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats