Weather in your neck of the woods?

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

Learned all about these in my meteorology undergrad, they are one of those fun things that can happen. Too bad the sun was a bit low with the trees. I am personally a fan of lenticular clouds on mountain tops. image.png.2bf144ec3282c93bd02a027d924075b7.png

Saw those while I was at Fort Bliss TX (El Paso) in the early spring years ago, happened to be there when the desert bloomed.  The freaky thing was the dust devils that spun up and meandered across the area and watched one guy unaware he was about to be consumed by one suddenly burst into a blizzard of paper when the folder he was carrying was blown out of his hands LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   (Testing once again Grint)

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I'll add my part. I'm sure the beach has dusting of snow and ice but I'm sorry to disappoint you, I live 2.5 hours south of Houston. It is even rarer for us to get the fluffy white stuff. And I no

We added another six inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday. Wind chills well below zero this morning with actual temps near the negatives, too. They're talking up to a few more inches later this we

4 days after the storm. Almost walked home without a jacket. 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Next week looks pretty good!Image1613612104.011681.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oooh!  Chilly!  Better wear a down vest this weekend!!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Saw those while I was at Fort Bliss TX (El Paso) in the early spring years ago, happened to be there when the desert bloomed.  The freaky thing was the dust devils that spun up and meandered across the area and watched one guy unaware he was about to be consumed by one suddenly burst into a blizzard of paper when the folder he was carrying was blown out of his hands LOL

We get dust devils here all the time.  Some are little and I've been hit by them; other are big and go hundreds of feet in the air.  I wouldn't want to be hit by one of those!!  Dust Devils is the name of our minor league baseball team.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We get dust devils here all the time.  Some are little and I've been hit by them; other are big and go hundreds of feet in the air.  I wouldn't want to be hit by one of those!!  Dust Devils is the name of our minor league baseball team.

Was caught by one early on thinking it was nothing like they are around here, silly things here really.  There everything was left coated in sand and dust and by everything I mean inside your underwear even and to the scalp, ears, mouth and nose.  Totally gross.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

25 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

We don't get many of those around here. Though we do get the fun changes in weather from time to time.

• Like 4

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We get them pretty bad here in AZ too. A new-ish thing that's popped up over maybe the last 10 yrs is "haboobs".. or maybe it's haboobies? Silly word but they're real. And serious. Looks like this..

• Like 5

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li x5ct XS  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #4 / Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

We get them pretty bad here in AZ too. A new-ish thing that's popped up over maybe the last 10 yrs is "haboobs".. or maybe it's haboobies? Silly word but they're real. And serious. Looks like this..

AKA Dust Storm and saw one of those roll over us when I was in Iraq, no fun at all.  Hot and obscures like a blizzard.  Breathing through a mask is essential.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Those haboobs are pretty spectacular!  In 2012 we saw a similar one in Palm Springs while on the golf course.  

IMG_0463.jpeg.f430c5a14bdad816882ab988c0268998.jpeg

It was during the American Express tournament, then the Humana Challenge.  It shut down that tournament for the day.  We played on, and a giant tumbleweed rolled up my wife's back as she was teeing off on #16.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

AKA Dust Storm and saw one of those roll over us when I was in Iraq, no fun at all.  Hot and obscures like a blizzard.  Breathing through a mask is essential.

Yeah when they first started here a while back, the only reference anybody had was that they looked like the middle Eastern desert dust storms that we've seen in movies, photos, etc. Pretty wild sight for sure! What's even more strange is that they re-appeared regularly for only a few years at about 1 every few days for abou 2 months straight.. and now we might get 1 per season. The earth is a strange rock man.  

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li x5ct XS  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #4 / Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

3-6 sounds delightful. One scrape halfway through then another at the end.

I noticed something odd last time I was shoveling because I’m a lefty. I strongly prefer shoveling lefty, but golf righty. So none of that scoop and throw is helping my off-season strength training. emoji23.png

😂

This cracks me up, largely because I've switched grips/positions when shoveling the driveway this year, each time thinking about dominant and non-dominant swings and avoid strength imbalances.  It's the details man!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

😂

This cracks me up, largely because I've switched grips/positions when shoveling the driveway this year, each time thinking about dominant and non-dominant swings and avoid strength imbalances.  It's the details man!

I mean... if you're not thinking about golf when your outside shoveling snow I'm not sure how you even get through the winter.  hahaha

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

Still raining here but it is up to 43 degrees right now. Course has been closed for about a week due to wet conditions. 

• Like 5

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

more like 😆

Capture.JPG.9a66f0c3e46d67f151a7828665e226c0.JPG

We don't wanna know!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 hours ago, jlukes said:

We were in the 4-6 inch band for this latest storm and we woke up to 4 inches already on the ground with the storm just starting.  Looks like we are going to get more than the initial forecast

Aaaaaaaand we got a foot 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1

We ended up with less than 2" of tiny ice pellets....the kind you used to get in a snow cone.  I didn't have to work on my swing shoveling - I just had to push the shovel like a plow &  the ice pellets flew off the shovel face.  My legs were getting tired so I tried to get SWMBO to sit on the tailgate of the truck holding the shovel at ground level while I backed up around the driveway but I couldn't get any cooperation to make my rube goldberg plow come to life.

• Like 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Snow gone in Scotland hopefully for the Winter. Big thaw this week means course open for 18 holes for the 1st time in 3 weeks but lots of stormy weather coming in from the Atlantic, hopefully avoiding the course leaving in open for the 1st competitive golf at the weekend. 

Played the 18 today, dry but gusting up to 25mph, my driving was abysmal to start with and started double, bogey, double, par, double. 7 over after 5 then fished 8 over for the remaining 13.  Really rusty but happy with the finish.

• Like 5

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Oooh!  Chilly!  Better wear a down vest this weekend!!  🤣

Sorry to be a d$$$ but went to the pool this afternoon.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

28 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Sorry to be a d$$$ but went to the pool this afternoon.

I hope you didn't wear shorts with a button-down dress shirt and brown dress shoes with white socks to lounge by the pool like my colleague from NY wore when we were in Orlando one summer.   🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Still raining here but it is up to 43 degrees right now. Course has been closed for about a week due to wet conditions. 

About the same here--- I think the guys in the Upstate of SC John Smalls area may have gotten ice last night

• Like 3

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

28 this morning and the overnight drizzly mist is still coming down coating everything in ice.  The deck and walkway are solid ice, the truck is iced over, I can slide over the top of the 1" of crunchy ice crystals from yesterday.  A couple cars went creeping slowly down the road.  I'm thankful we still have power since I'd rather not deal with setting up the generator. 

I hope everyone is dealing with the wintry weather OK.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.