Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

28* and breezy this morning.... 2-3 inches of the white stuff overnight to push out of the way....

And the last little bit of snow we previously had just melted away yesterday too....

IMG_20220107_081931937_HDR.jpg.b2f9d94eb7cd7e66c80d57e54d46a61e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Ancient Anser;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Below freezing in the southeast this morning and we are not happy about it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

First major snow of the year. It's coming down sideways right now, so I'm working remote and school's been called off for the day all around us.

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

5 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

First major snow of the year. It's coming down sideways right now, so I'm working remote and school's been called off for the day all around us.

One of the few storms of the year that I am glad to be further north. We are supposed to get less, and hopefully everyone stays safe down there.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Xcaliber Avalon 5 TS (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 1/6/2022 at 2:01 PM, Rickp said:

The ski area is closed?  Too much snow😱

On 1/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, Kenny B said:

Yep!  And freezing rain!  Roads are dangerous.  Can't get there.

aee82d0b184ffc16161a76c7e38e9270.webp.ad244d217df955c8c47b5b564a0e9f01.webp

DOT crews are still working to clear immense about of snow from the four Cascade passes that were closed Thursday due to extremely hazardous conditions. Snoqualmie Pass crews say 26" of snow fell in the past 24 hours and over 70" since Sunday. There were 38 natural avalanches fell onto I-90 overnight Thursday. "This is a serious safety issue," they warn. No estimate when the passes will reopen. Photo is from nearby White Pass (US-12).

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wow close to 6' of snow!!  I think I just eliminated that area from my retirement destination list.  Are the California mountains getting that much snow pack this year as well?  Hopefully so as it would help with the water situation out there.

20* this morning and no wind yet.  We had 15 - 20 mph winds yesterday & along with the 28* temps it was not a day I wanted to be outside.  I need to get motivated to do more drywall mudding today but for now drinking coffee and eating a couple donuts has won out.

• Like 4

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Ancient Anser;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

30* this morning which doesn't feel too bad after the last couple mornings.  They said we may get freezing rain but the skies are clear right now.  Still snow on the ground as it never warmed up enough to melt anything yesterday.  Temps are supposed to get to about 40* and rain this afternoon so the white stuff should be gone in a day or so.  Another good day to be inside mudding.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:17 PM, Kenny B said:

aee82d0b184ffc16161a76c7e38e9270.webp.ad244d217df955c8c47b5b564a0e9f01.webp

DOT crews are still working to clear immense about of snow from the four Cascade passes that were closed Thursday due to extremely hazardous conditions. Snoqualmie Pass crews say 26" of snow fell in the past 24 hours and over 70" since Sunday. There were 38 natural avalanches fell onto I-90 overnight Thursday. "This is a serious safety issue," they warn. No estimate when the passes will reopen. Photo is from nearby White Pass (US-12).

Since the reaction button has only four options and none of them really conveyed my reaction. 😱😱😱

That's a lot of snow. 

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2022 at 8:39 AM, Kenny B said:

Lots of wrecks all over the area yesterday.  Temp warmed up above freezing... briefly, melting snow.  Then in the afternoon it started snowing with freezing rain.  Interstate was closed.  I sat in the house; been doing a lot of that lately.

It snowed most of the night; now I have to shovel our long driveway... again.  Temperature is warming up, AND wind comes tomorrow... 28-51 mph forecasted.  Should be 45 degrees by Friday noon.  Short lived though... drops below freezing again on Sunday.

Problem 😥

Is it Dangerous Being Snowed in at a Cabin? – Outdoor Troop

Solution 🙂

image.png.5794060fd0cde337be1e5ade921fa948.png

The snowfall amounts in the Sierras and PNW region have been impressive.  Seems when Mom Nature decides to make up a little ground for the drought years, she dosen't fool around. 271" (22.5 feet) and climbing at Tahoe 😲.

Meanwhile, here in the desert, somewhat monotonous 😛.

image.png.36080a3884355e13b6360bd6d2d7b662.png

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Problem 😥

Is it Dangerous Being Snowed in at a Cabin? – Outdoor Troop

Solution 🙂

image.png.5794060fd0cde337be1e5ade921fa948.png

The snowfall amounts in the Sierras and PNW region have been impressive.  Seems when Mom Nature decides to make up a little ground for the drought years, she dosen't fool around. 271" (22.5 feet) and climbing at Tahoe 😲.

Meanwhile, here in the desert, somewhat monotonous 😛.

image.png.36080a3884355e13b6360bd6d2d7b662.png

Lots of snow on any of those routes.  We'll fly... unless Delta tells me my flight has been cancelled.  Can't wait!!  Snow is about gone; the 45º days and nights with 30-50 mph wind took care of it, but now it's sunny and below freezing... again.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12* tonight...the dog didn't want to stay out very long 😆 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

12* tonight...the dog didn't want to stay out very long 😆 

You're getting what we had last week.  We finally are back to above freezing temps. but snow is still on the ground in the shadows.  Course might be open in a couple of days.

• Like 1

15* this morning and wiiiiindy....man was it cold following the dog around.  This must be more of what @Kenny B sent our way......and I don't feel the need to thank him for his generosity.    🥶

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

15* this morning and wiiiiindy....man was it cold following the dog around.  This must be more of what @Kenny B sent our way......and I don't feel the need to thank him for his generosity.    🥶

8 at my house this morning wind chill days is feels like -3

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

26 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

8 at my house this morning wind chill days is feels like -3

I feel for you guys.  It's warmed up here to slightly above freezing and no wind.  Might get to play one day before we leave for Palm Springs.  Ironically, after we leave the temp goes up into the 50's. 😂

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I feel for you guys.  It's warmed up here to slightly above freezing and no wind.  Might get to play one day before we leave for Palm Springs.  Ironically, after we leave the temp goes up into the 50's. 😂

Yes tonight the low is supposed to be 0 so you know negatives with the wind and our high is 15 today 

• Like 1

7 for our low last night, no wind at all here so it's cold walking around outside but at least it doesn't make your eyes water!!  🥶

@tommc23 - did you go below 0 ?? 

• Like 3

Currently raining/sleeting sideways hitting my window so hard I can barely hear the stereo! Luckily, just a bit too warm for snow. Black ice on Monday could be treacherous, luckily a holiday for many.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Glad they got it wrong again by me. They predicted 6 to 8" of snow last night. 12" inches in the mountains down the road. We got 0 so far. Sun is out and it's 40 degrees. Looks like the mountain tops got some snow by looking out the window.

• Like 4

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

271874730_4893126574074450_7504820620375333046_n.jpg.e8e807104c899b4855971387fc16113b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 4 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug