ole gray

Weather in your neck of the woods?

I started out with a sweater on heading out the door to walk my dog however it came off half way during the walk.  62 degrees right now witha high of 65 today. Big line of rain heading our way in the next hour. Later this evening the temps dropping back down into the 40's ..  

I got up this morning with the intention of going to church. I looked outside, and everything was/is wrapped in ice. I have 4 more years of truck payments, so....... the old girl stayed in the garage and I made a pot of coffee and stayed put myself. I'm sure God will understand. :)

• Like 2

Question for my northern friends here.   How do you shop for Christmas presents in all this mess?  Even if you order it online, the UPS/FedEx/US Mail delivery drivers would all have to driving snow mobiles to get the stuff to your doors... :D  You folks can barely get out of ya driveways, so yea how in the heck do you shop?

Question for my northern friends here.   How do you shop for Christmas presents in all this mess?  Even if you order it online, the UPS/FedEx/US Mail delivery drivers would all have to driving snow mobiles to get the stuff to your doors... :D  You folks can barely get out of ya driveways, so yea how in the heck do you shop?

It doesn't take long for the roads to clear, the snow plows up here are very good.  Plus we are all used to it, just drive a little slower and leave a little more space ahead of you.  12" of snow? -30 temps?  Doesn't really stop anything.

That said we did do most of our shopping online this year, not because of weather though.  It's just much easier than hauling a 3yr and 5yr old around to stores.

• Like 1

It doesn't take long for the roads to clear, the snow plows up here are very good.  Plus we are all used to it, just drive a little slower and leave a little more space ahead of you.  12" of snow? -30 temps?  Doesn't really stop anything.

That said we did do most of our shopping online this year, not because of weather though.  It's just much easier than hauling a 3yr and 5yr old around to stores.

Yea we do a ton of our shopping on line and Amazon Prime is the ticket.  It's all about the traffic and crazy shoppers down here and avoiding that relieves stress and gives ya more beer drinking time. jk :D 

• Like 1

We had record lowfor today's date. - 10* this morning & just about 1" of snow last evening. Strong winds also

• Like 1

Well this is more like it!!  Temp went from 17* to 35* in an hour and a half.  Of course that is accompanied by a 25mph wind out of the southwest.  Hopefully, by tomorrow the snow will be gone, and the course will open by Wednesday!!

EDIT:  Another 2 hours and the temp is up to 41, but so is the wind!!  Hope this warming trend is headed east to all you guys in the northern tier!!

Cold enough that I woke up to a dead battery in my car. Lots of fun driving the Hellcat in 20 degree temps on summer tires.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Cold enough that I woke up to a dead battery in my car. Lots of fun driving the Hellcat in 20 degree temps on summer tires.

Sons car twice in last three days. No Hellcat for him to drive though...Lord only knows what would happen with that much hp and a 20 yr old.
  • Like 1

I took my Charger in for a service a month ago, 1000 miles before the warranty expired, and they told me my battery was weak.  So they replaced it!!! Free!! New battery just in time for the cold snap.

And yes, it's not that fun with my Charger on snow and ice with 3 year old tires.

• Like 1

I took my Charger in for a service a month ago, 1000 miles before the warranty expired, and they told me my battery was weak.  So they replaced it!!! Free!! New battery just in time for the cold snap.

And yes, it's not that fun with my Charger on snow and ice with 3 year old tires.

Mine is out of warranty so I had to kick in the coin for the battery, but at least I am set now hopefully for the life of the car.  Mine is not too bad in the snow but then again it is AWD.