ole gray

Weather in your neck of the woods?

Just now, Kenny B said:

Only west of the Cascade Range.  I grew up there, which is why I moved to the dry, east side.

I did some growing up in McMinnville way back when, so I know all about it...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I did some growing up in McMinnville way back when, so I know all about it...

I grew up in Corvallis.  Not a lot of hard rain; just drizzles and drizzles and drizzles.  🌧️🌧️🌧️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Only west of the Cascade Range.  I grew up there, which is why I moved to the dry, east side.

Actually, I'm in southern Oregon....we don't get the rains that PNW is known for.  Plus we can play golf year round 🙂  BTW @Kenny B, my wife has a cousin in Kennewick and we sometimes bring the motorhome up to the Tri CIty area.  I'll look you up next time we're there and play a round of golf.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Actually, I'm in southern Oregon....we don't get the rains that PNW is known for.  Plus we can play golf year round 🙂  BTW @Kenny B, my wife has a cousin in Kennewick and we sometimes bring the motorhome up to the Tri CIty area.  I'll look you up next time we're there and play a round of golf.

Absolutely!  Send me a PM.

If you are planning a trip in July, there are several PNW spys that are putting together a weekend in Spokane on the weekend of July 12.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/25704-2019-north-west-spy-get-together/

There is a PM to the list of possible Spys.  If you are interested, I will add you to the distribution.  I haven't heard from Har in the Hat who started the thread for awhile.  Maybe he is still in winter mode.

• Like 1

Right now, all of my plans are in the wind, but we weren't looking at that time frame.  Pretty sure those dates won't work for me this year.  Thanks for that info, though.

36 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Right now, all of my plans are in the wind, but we weren't looking at that time frame.  Pretty sure those dates won't work for me this year.  Thanks for that info, though.

I just now noticed you are in Medford. I grew up in Vancouver, WA and had an aunt and uncle in Medford so I spent a fair amount of time there as a teen in the 80's. I loved that town!

• Like 1

been raining and cold the last 3 weeks I swear I saw a neighbour constructing an arc.............

BUT....forecast this weekend is 39F and DRY so plans to play are ON. Might be a tad squidgy underfoot but unless I go I'll forget how to play this damn game😂

Looking to be mid-40s on Sunday. One of our local courses is opening tee times at 10:40 a.m., once the frost clears. Planning to be out there!

This arrived in my inbox this morning and made my day...

IMG_4097.JPG

It was 80 at Pinehurst on Friday but 58 yesterday 

Even colder for early tee times. Played all three rounds in long pants and a pullover with a knit hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woke up to six inches of snow this morning and now it is in the high 40’s. At least the snow is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ended up playing Friday in 20 mph winds and at best mushy conditions. Had at least 2-3 balls plug including one getting fully submerged. We finally got rid of the frost, meaning we should be just needing to dry out whatever rain we had over the weekend. 

Wednesday is the most promising day with 50s and some sun. Unfortunately for us when it gets to 60 it's going to pour on Friday- Saturday.

• Like 1

Going to be almost 80 every day in DFW TX. So going to be practicing a bunch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ugh yesterday hit 65 in Cleveland but had to deal with this dumb thing called work. Now it's raining, foggy, and barely above 40. You know, lousy Smarch weather.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Good news!!  67º and sunny with no wind all weekend.

Bad news!!  Course will be crowded all weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Good news!!  67º and sunny with no wind all weekend.

Bad news!!  Course will be crowded all weekend.

I will be in Wenatchee this weekend.. Unfortunately I will be on a simulator and not the course yet...  

• Sad 1

Temps are great. Still way too much snow. I’m afraid that my prediction of the second week in April is too early.

Temps have been ideal for golf but not ideal for testing my Galway Bay rain gear! 🤣

That just means some fun/creative material is coming your way! Looks like a week full of rain next week. April showers... YAY!

I’ve already started honing in my golf tan lines for the season. Will need to even them up a bit when I do lawn work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 8:47 AM, sp0rtsfan86 said:

Ended up playing Friday in 20 mph winds and at best mushy conditions. Had at least 2-3 balls plug including one getting fully submerged. We finally got rid of the frost, meaning we should be just needing to dry out whatever rain we had over the weekend. 

Wednesday is the most promising day with 50s and some sun. Unfortunately for us when it gets to 60 it's going to pour on Friday- Saturday.

Nothing like nailing the prediction. Officially got 1.88 inches of rain Thursday-Saturday plus a half inch of heavy wet snow. Worst part is yesterday was only 34 for a few hours if that, so not sure how much has evaporated/soaked in. Rest of the week is hit and miss, Thursday's got washout written all over it but Wednesday doesn't look bad at all. Neither does Friday if it's not underwater again.

• Like 1

PacNW Mon regional 4/1 

Looks to be wet for the next week or more.  

• Like 1