ole gray

Weather in your neck of the woods?

17 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yuck! I fee your pain. We are in a gale warning right now. I almost feel like I have to yell really loud for you to read this it’s so windy. With the wind chill it’s 26°...

This is just cruel.... I mean absolutely brutal ... especially when you all have had such a harsh winter already.  Ugh. I feel for you.  Hopefully everyone stays safe and it gets warm real soon.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/winter-is-not-done-yet-snow-to-streak-across-north-central-us-this-weekend/70008086

A late-April storm will put down accumulating snow along a 1,200-mile swath of the north-central United States this weekend with slippery travel possible in cities such as Chicago, Milwaukee and Detroit.

Old Man Winter still has a few tricks up his sleeve and is poised to spread snow from parts of Montana through portions of the Dakotas, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan as the weekend progresses.

• Like 1

Yep. Talked with the manager at the course yesterday for about 15 minutes. He said they considered June, July, August and 2 weeks of September profitable... so 104 days?....

Opened May 3rd last year and closed October 24th.

How do they stay open?

I feel your pain guys with lousy weather and no play, but it’s just as bad with beautiful weather and injuries keeping me only being able to chip & putt.
Either way, sucks.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Gosh darn mother nature is a witch....

63* today... Snow tomorrow into Sunday. We're in the 6-9" range....Screenshot_20190426-163804.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thanks to the monsoon on Long Island last night my tee time this morning was cancelled. Getting tired of this weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

storm Hannah hit this morning, rained so heavy the competition medal was cancelled after 2 hrs when the greens flooded.

By 1pm it was a mixed day of sun and cloud, warm in the sun, cold out of it in the breeze. course dried out amazingly well with only a couple of bunkers still flooded but firm underfoot.

2 inches of rain between Friday and Saturday. More rain expected tonight. At least I don't have to shovel it!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

We got lucky here. Started out raining then turned to sleet the snow. Came down in big flakes and covered the ground quickly. Then the lucky part, it quit snowing but started raining shortly after. The rain got rid of all the snow that covered the ground. I may have a shot to play tomorrow!

• Like 3

Beautiful here today. 84* and clear skies. Just perfect!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

We got lucky here. Started out raining then turned to sleet the snow. Came down in big flakes and covered the ground quickly. Then the lucky part, it quit snowing but started raining shortly after. The rain got rid of all the snow that covered the ground. I may have a shot to play tomorrow!

Pretty much the same thing happened here. Won't be playing tomorrow, too wet, and only 40°. 😭

• Like 1

Here in Salem we are drying out for the time being. In tye 60s and I see some 70s coming soon.

Weather in Medford has been awesome....typical springtime weather....and me with a bum knee (surgery is tomorrow!!!)

Last week had 2-3 inches of rain. May add another 2 inches of rain this week. Last time I played on Saturday the course was soggy at best. It's going to be at least until the weekend that the course is playable. 

It may be weeks before our course dries out. Lots of rain last Friday and Saturday. Rain again today

This has to be some sort of sick joke...

IMG_5383.JPG

There’s a golf course is in that blue area.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Might be taking a boat to work by Friday if this rain doesn’t let up.

• Like 1

Wettest month in Rhode Island since the 1800’s.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Wettest month in Rhode Island since the 1800’s.

Coldest month in MN since last month.. 😜

• Like 2

Coldest month in MN since last month..

You should go south for college.

• Like 1