ole gray

Weather in your neck of the woods?

31º warmer here today than yesterday.  Nice to get out and play without my hands getting cold.  Makes a BIG difference in my score.

• Like 2

The rain finally stopped! We had a wee of non stop rain here in WA, I know that doesn't surprise a lot of you, but it was a lot of heavy rain. The local course is flooded. half of the holes are entirely under water. The next 5 days are sunny and dry. Hoping to get out for a Christmas Eve round of golf.

• Like 2

It was 50, sunny and light winds today and the darn courses are closed. Weather tomorrow is supposed to be the same.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

It's not March!!!!  But 2020 is going in like a lion.

It's 9:30pm on New Year's Eve and it's 54º, but wind is blowing 25mph with gusts to 50.  Teeing off at noon on New Year's Day and wind is forecasted to be about the same.  Need to pack my wind game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's not March!!!!  But 2020 is going in like a lion.

It's 9:30pm on New Year's Eve and it's 54º, but wind is blowing 25mph with gusts to 50.  Teeing off at noon on New Year's Day and wind is forecasted to be about the same.  Need to pack my wind game.

SR 240 closed in both directions, several cars trapped in tumbleweeds

A major highway in my area... closed!

https://www.yaktrinews.com/sr-240-closed-in-both-directions-several-cars-trapped-in-tumbleweeds/?fbclid=IwAR1wdGLJ3XE4cDK4UVxM-9SqErsXvtBfFp6kslRwPBZeMrIOdqy4_c8-yY0

• Like 2

SR 240 closed in both directions, several cars trapped in tumbleweeds
A major highway in my area... closed!
https://www.yaktrinews.com/sr-240-closed-in-both-directions-several-cars-trapped-in-tumbleweeds/?fbclid=IwAR1wdGLJ3XE4cDK4UVxM-9SqErsXvtBfFp6kslRwPBZeMrIOdqy4_c8-yY0

That’s crazy

We had a white out yesterday that deposited about a half inch of snow. Wind has been terrible the last two days with gusts around 30. Weather is changing again with sunshine and mid 40's forecast over the next couple of days. Hope to hit the driving range on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

It's been mild where I am, mostly high 70s, with a couple of spikes up to 110. We are one of the only parts of Australia that isn't being baked constantly.

The bushfire situation is frightening. Currently if you were to drive from Eastern Victoria ( my home state) through New South Wales to the Queensland border, you would either be in the middle of fires, or at best within 30 miles of fires. This is over a distance of around 1000 miles.

So far around 12.5 million acres have burnt. The scary part is, late January and February are traditionally our worst time for fires

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And it’s raining again here - why not! November through March are normally very dry for us - under 2” of rain each month.

So sorry to hear about those fires, Peaksy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

And it’s raining again here - why not! November through March are normally very dry for us - under 2” of rain each month.

So sorry to hear about those fires, Peaksy.

Rain all day for us also central FL then turning cold.

38’ I skipped the Tee Time. A few guys played but they’re a few of the Bacon Boys and it’s all about breakfast without the wives

For the last two weeks the wind has been out of the SW 15-40 mph with higher gusts.  Even though it was 45-50º, still lousy golf weather.  

Well, the weather finally changed today.  Started snowing... wind is out of the north 15-20 mph... and 17º tonight.

Sure glad I'm headed to Palm Springs Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It's been warm all winter in much of the southeast.  Temperatures averaging in the lower to middle 60's almost every day.  Raining quite a bit but nothing resembling the record shattering rain we got last year.  It's the first time since 2015 that I was able to play some golf over the holidays.  This beats the heck out of the frigid temperatures, massive flooding and record snowfall of the past 5 years!

• Like 2

This week we went from 23 degrees (F) and snowing in Vancouver, B.C., Canada (at the airport for our flight) to 23 degrees (C) and bright sunshine in Auckland, New Zealand 13 hours later. As sailors say, nothing goes upwind like a 787. If you are challenged by the temp conversion, 23 degrees (C) is about 73 degrees (F). And 23 degrees (F) is still damn cold. How convenient that the northern hemisphere winter is the southern hemisphere summer. We went to the local golf club where we are members, picked up our summer membership card (a real bargain because golf is a winter sport here), and hit balls for an hour. We'll try to play this afternoon. My objective for our "second summer" this year is 40 rounds. I fell a bit short last year.

• Like 1

After a week of temps in the 50's and 60's, I wasn't expecting to wake up to this. 20200208_105601-01.jpeg
Snow is not all that common in the area of Southeast Tennessee I live in, usually it hits Monteagle mountain and doesn't come over or way.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

60* today, 70* tomorrow, then back to rain for the next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2