TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are your head covers?

I work in the industry and I've seen lots of people who have interesting head covers. I can recall a teammate while I played golf in college that would have his driver and fairway head covers as a related theme (Pirate/Parrot, Burger/Fries, etc...).

So as a new member to the MGS forum I want to hear from everyone about what head covers they have and any special reasons they have them.

Personally I have a husky head cover for my driver because huskies are my favourite breed of dog. I also have a kangaroo on my fairway for my sister who lives in Australia. I also have a penguin as my hybrid cover but that one doesn't have any good story behind it.

Let's see what everyone has for head covers. If anyone knows of any good head cover companies let us know also.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man back in the persimmon days I did not use any period. Now metal woods get on my last nerve clanking and banging so I guess I am forced to use them. I did use what ever I have picked up. Courses get a lot of lost covers down here so I just used what ever. I have changed some lately. I did a trade deal and ended up with 2 Adams fairway woods and they had nice leather covers even though they do not match I used them anyhow. My home course came out with some extremely nice leather driver covers with the logo on them and yours truly bought the first one. Now I do have a lot of different covers from the lost and found I use to cover my vintage persimmon stuff I have laying around. As far as "character covers" I have 3 one is a big monkey Jason Gore cover we had left over from the golf shop. One is a John Daly roaring lion cover that came from the lost and found at my course a few years back. The 3rd one is a "Stewie" cover from Family Guy that some of the guys around the course gave me a few years back.

Now as far as putter covers I flat refuse to carry or game a putter I need to keep a cover on. I did win a nice one from MGS a few years ago for being Member of the Month (see I never forgot that staff guys) and it did not go to waste. My wife has it in her bag on her milled face TM TP 100 putter.

I will try to take and post pics later my phone is messing up

Edit: Notice my wife has a "nice" putter while I putt with a Rusty Cameron or one of my many vintage putters including a TP Mills #3. Oh well

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

IMG_3001.JPG

I also have a Seamus blue plaid driver cover I swap in from time to time

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Mine are from Rose & Fire, black italian leather. This is the website's photo of the putter cover (better than I could do). I have the matching driver and 3-wood cover as well.IMG_8225.JPG

On my driver I'll swap between the stock big bertha cover, John Daly lion's headcover or our league head cover we got from EP headcovers.

3 and 5 wood I just use stock.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I have the mascot from my football team back home, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, that I picked up the last time I was home in 2009. The 3wd is the stock Mizuno JPX-EZ cover and the putter is the stock Yes! cover.

I'll replace both of them at some stage, but I don't know with what yet.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have these pom-pom headcovers!  Red & black - the colors of UGA.

61DPcLhw1QL._SL1024_.jpg

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I use this one on my putter

71NtIKG4X7L._SL1500_.jpg

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Mine are from Rose & Fire, black italian leather. This is the website's photo of the putter cover (better than I could do). I have the matching driver and 3-wood cover as well.attachicon.gifIMG_8225.JPG

I second Rose and Fire, I've tried all the other major head cover companies out there and R&F just do it way better and have the ability to work with you on any ideas you may have on a head cover, Mike is the owner is very hands on and reachable, I don't think there is anything he couldn't make for you, if you have Facebook they have a group where you can contact Mike directly

https://www.facebook.com/groups/roseandfire/

If not here is the web page

https://www.roseandfire.com

Best of all, everything is made in the

Flying the Jolly Roger currently.....looking to do something different next year

Wood covers are SunFish and the putter is more generic, not sure who makes it

20161218_094138.jpg

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Stock covers for now, but I wanna get a customized cover for my putter soon with my own logo

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I work in the industry and I've seen lots of people who have interesting head covers.

What part of the "industry" are you involved in Scooter?

I only have two head covers in my bag. The Rocket Tour knit driver below and a stock Wishon on my fairway wood. Like Stu I don't use a putter cover either. Useless.. and all they do is fall off it seems. I won one here like Stu did from Ace of Clubs for being Member of the Month once but gave it away as a golf trip prize. The one I've posted below is about as far as I'll go with an after market head cover. And don't even get me started on covers for irons. LOL

20161218_091914.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Stock covers for now, but I wanna get a customized cover for my putter soon with my own logo

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing, coming up w/ my own logo....glad somebody else has the same thought, was thinking it may be a bit over the top

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

What part of the "industry" are you involved in Scooter?

I only have two head covers in my bag. The Rocket Tour knit driver below and a stock Wishon on my fairway wood. Like Stu I don't use a putter cover either. Useless.. and all they do is fall off it seems. I won one here like Stu did from Best Grips (I think it was) for being Member of the Month once but gave it away as a golf trip prize. The one I've posted below is about as far as I'll go with an after market head cover. And don't even get me started on covers for irons. LOL

attachicon.gif20161218_091914.jpg

Plaid, you telling me this is no bueno?

IMG_1466.JPG

LOL... no bueno for me. Not for Yee.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I use Stitch Leather (Racer Series) Headcovers that match perfectly with both my Jones Rider Bags!

StitchBlackRacer.jpg

JONES-RIDER-Black-White-3.jpg

StitchRedand White.jpg

JONES-RIDER-Red-White-3.jpg

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

LOL... no bueno for me. Not for Yee.

Got to agree with you 125% on that one and add not only NO! but h**L NO!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I use Stitch Leather Headcovers that match my (2) Jones Rider Bags!

attachicon.gifStitchBlackRacer.jpg

attachicon.gifJONES-RIDER-Black-White-3.jpg

attachicon.gifStitchRedand White.jpg

attachicon.gifJONES-RIDER-Red-White-3.jpg

Man those are nice bags and covers too I am either going to get a couple for some of my vintage stuff or maybe an Elliott bag which is made below me in Charleston SC area

G

What part of the "industry" are you involved in Scooter? [/url]

I've been working for GolfTown for a few years as a sales associate as well as a club repair tech. Recently I became a member of the PGA of Canada which now has me working as an assistant professional at a 27 hole public course. I've also played collegiate golf for 3 years (2 in CCAA and one year of NCAA D2) where I've seen a lot of different covers.

https://instagram.com/p/saWmJsQbw-/

https://instagram.com/p/BIRIPERhFpB/

Script Ohio for the driver and the monkey for my putter. Both done by best grips. I will need a new one for my fairway but I haven't thought of what yet.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I use all stock covers .Been thinking of getting a Driver, FW, and two Hybrid from Patrick Gibbons at some point.

Have plenty of putter covers. Some have my name on the side panels.

Collecting head covers is not my thing with the exception of this one. All proceeds went to the spouses of the fallen officers.

Dea cover.jpg

Rose and Fire Multicam for Driver, 3W, Hybrid and putter, just top notch!!!...www.roseandfire.com

Driver              SLDR TP 10.5* with Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60 Tour X, 44.25"

3W                  Ping G25 with Diamana White Board D+ 82X, 42.5", tipped .5"

Driving Iron     Callaway X Prototype Utility with Tour AD DI 105X

Irons               4-P Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype with KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges          Cleveland RTX-588 46, 50, 54, 58 with True Temper DG Tour X100

Putter              Odyssey White Hot Pro Tour V-Line with Super Stroke 1.0 Pistol GT Tour, 33.25"

Golf Ball          Kirkland Signatures and Chrome Soft 2016

Mine are mostly with Univ. of Kentucky Logos/colors.

One set is hand knit blue/white.My friend's Mom made them so i teaded him a set of baskets that my wife made.....very cool.

I have a couple other Driver covers, one is a UK mascot and the other is just a Blue/White Kentucky.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Manchester City pom pom cover for my minidriver, black and white striped knit cover for my 7 wood, and stock Adams cover for my DHY. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I have matching Dormie Driver/3W/5W headcovers that are custom one offs from Modern Golf. I have the Edel Special Edition Holiday headcover on the putter right now!

post-53282-0-40477700-1475675121_thumb.jpg

headcover.holiday.fr_1024x1024.jpg

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Here's the head cover collection - not many, but the recent additions are fun...

IMG_1785.JPG

Like to collect souvenirs of places I've visited. Played Pasatiempo and Pebble this year - visited but did not play Olympic 3 years ago.

IMG_1787.JPG

These are eBay Cheapies- Sunfish has a nice offering of low priced covers, and their higher end offerings are excellent.

IMG_1786.JPG

More souvenirs - the Pebble Covers are in the gamers. Use the Pasatiempo covers to change Karma.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived