Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Divider Bags

Justin H

So I'm looking for a new bag for father-in-law for Christmas, and he wants a bag that has a 14-way divider system.

I'm partial to Ogio. It's the only brand of bag I've ever owned outside of my first Hoofer, and I'm curious...Is there anything out there better than the Ogio Silencer for this purpose? Thoughts? Suggestions?

sent from mobile device - please forgive typos

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

I don't have any experience w/ the Ogio line.....but I much prefer the 14way bags myself...make sure the bag has 'full length' 14 way dividers, some just have the top divided that way.   SunMountain C130 and Cally org14 both have full length

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I have an Ogio and really like it, but check out MG.  the one thing i'd prefer on this MG is the way the divider goes with clubs being straight across versus in a circular pattern like in my Ogio. 

https://www.mggolf.com/golf-bags/?v=

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I have the Ogio Silencer.  I've used it for about a year now and so far it's great.  I always ride in a cart so the "silencer" portion is what I was most interested in.  It works great and my clubs stay in one spot and don't clatter around.  There is no silencer for the putter well though so you'll need to keep a headcover on that.

Prior to this I used a Bagboy Revolver for the previous 2 seasons.  I really liked that bag as well.  It's much heavier than the Ogio but it has 2 external club slots with clips that were very handy for my putter and most used wedge.  The big negative to the Bagboy was that one of the external clips broke and was unable to be fixed.

FWIW there are 4 of us at my club with the Ogio Silencer bags and we all would buy them again.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

... As someone that has always played forged irons and replaces them much more often than prudent, I have always had a bag that protects my irons. I almost always walk with a remote cart that can slam clubs around as much or more than a riding cart. The Ogio Silencer is very nice but I still prefer the Bag Boy Revolver LTD. Works great with my remote cart but even better when I have to take a riding cart on vacation or mountain courses. 

... Love the way clubs stay in place with zero bag chatter. But when riding, the ability to just turn the top like a lazy suzan and have any club you want at your finger tips sounds pretty cool. But once you use one, it is hard to go back to a normal bag. 

https://bagboycompany.com/revolver-ltd-cart-bag.html

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Thanks for all the suggestions! I have been checking every bag I've looked at to make sure it's got full length dividers. It seems like it's going to come down to the Silencer, as Meyer has confirmed my suspicions it being among the best, the Revolver, or possibly that MG bag, if only because it leaves money to buy him some balls, or possibly a wedge.

For what it's worth, I'm still using an Ogio Grom stand bag from around 2010. It's held up well, has the zipperless ball pocket, the cart strap, and the exterior ball holder, and the Woode divider system. It serves my needs, along with some headcovers for my forged irons when walking. My father-in-law is a rider, though, and is tired of hearing the constant chatter.

I'll let y'all know what he ends up with!

I have an Ogio and really like it, but check out MG. the one thing i'd prefer on this MG is the way the divider goes with clubs being straight across versus in a circular pattern like in my Ogio.

https://www.mggolf.com/golf-bags/?v=

That MG bag is pretty impressive, especially for the price point! Might have to take a closer look at it.

Probably too late for you so close to Christmas, but I just joined and thought I'd add my 2 cents for anyone else in the future.

I've had a Silencer for a couple of years now. I don't play every day, but I'm probably in the 250-300 rounds/year range depending on winter weather. On whole, I really like it but it has some deficiencies as well.

Pros:

I'm a great leaver of clubs around the green.:) Have yet to do it since I bought this bag because every club has its assigned hole and you know you have everything in a glance.

It's a golf bag not a baby, and I treat it as such.  I'm not dragging it behind the cart all round but I'm not exactly careful with it either.  Surprisingly, it's pretty much in the same shape as the day I bought it.  It's a really well made product.  

It's named appropriately.  It's quiet in the cart when you're driving around.  Doesn't do squat for your partner's clubs clacking though.

I'm an Oklahoma State alum, so the aesthetics are exactly my thing.  Others' opinions may vary.  It stays clean though.   Never even thought about cleaning it and I had expected the rubber top/divider to be a dirt magnet and it's not.  The material seems to be extremely stain and dirt repellant as well.

It's well designed from the insulated pocket for your drink (I'd give it a 6/10 for keeping things cold), Velcro tab that will hold multiple gloves, valuables pocket, etc.

Cons:

It won't stand on it's own with a couple dozen + balls in the storage bin.  It falls over constantly.  Maybe it's just too windy in Oklahoma, but it's a major pain in the ass.

I'm not a hoarder when it comes to stashing stuff in my bag.  But it doesn't take much and it turns into a really fat bag.  Takes up my entire half of the cart and about 1/3 of my playing partner's slot as well.

The way the golf cart's strap slips into the bag is a really nice design concept but it's about a half inch too short.  The bag tends not to sit all the way down in the bag well and so it's always coming unseated at the bottom.  It's never fallen out, but it's still a little irritating to have to push the bottom of the bag back in the cart every other hole.   

Like I said at the beginning of my post, I play a lot of rounds.  The top seems to wear your grips faster.  I play Golf Pride oversized grips so it just compounds the problem.

As noted earlier, it would be nice if the putter also had a designated hole.  The slot designed for it works well unless you have a ball retriever, alignment rods, etc in it and then it gets a little cumbersome and wears the putter grip badly in my experience.

Driver: Titleist 917 10.5*
3 Wood: Titliest 917
Hybrid: Titleist 818

Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged w/ True Temper XP 115

Wedges: Volkey SM5 M Grind 54° & 58°; 8° bounce

Putter: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback

Grips: Golf Pride MCCPlus4 midsized

Preferred ball: Bridgestone Tour B-RX, ProV 1X

Here's a couple of pictures of what I was talking about.

Fatty

IMG_20161227_115210043_HDR.jpg

Doesn't stay seated

IMG_20161227_143057589.jpg

Driver: Titleist 917 10.5*
3 Wood: Titliest 917
Hybrid: Titleist 818

Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged w/ True Temper XP 115

Wedges: Volkey SM5 M Grind 54° & 58°; 8° bounce

Putter: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback

Grips: Golf Pride MCCPlus4 midsized

Preferred ball: Bridgestone Tour B-RX, ProV 1X

I gotta throw in the Sun Mountain C-130 one more time. I recently sold my old one (which I loved), and got the 2017 model. It is perfect.

The pics above? Won't happen. The new version has 2 velcro straps on the back that hold it on the cart (no wrestling with the cart strap to get it the top pockets), and it won't turn or hop at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Whoever came up with the idea for the straps... needs a bonus! ;) The waterproof pocket is also legit - I've already had mine in a downpour and it kept my phone and wallet perfectly dry.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived