Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Adidas brings back the Powerband

JBones

232369-powerband boa boost heel-ff03c8-original-1481826782.jpg

adidas Golf Brings Back The Power with the New Powerband Boa Boost
Powerful Design, Bold Branding and Innovative Technologies, adidas Takes Golf Footwear to a Whole New Level

Carlsbad, Calif. (December 19, 2016) â€“ adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear, announced today the release of the new Powerband Boa Boost. Since its inception ten years ago, the focus of the adidas Power franchise was to provide golfers with the most traction, support and stability, allowing them to maximize their swing speed and performance.   

232371-powerband boa boost hero-f3f4a5-original-1481826793.jpg

A new generation of adidas branding and shoe construction, the Powerband Boa Boost combines game-changing technologies including BOOSTâ„¢ cushioning, a brand new L6 Boa® Closure System, an updated POWERCAGE saddle, and a climaproof seamless stretch microfiber leather upper.  Powered by scientific and biomechanical testing and research, the Powerband Boa Boost incorporates technologies to promote energy return, lateral stability, and comfort. The new POWERCAGE chassis system uses supportive materials and straps in the center saddle to lock down the midfoot, while seamlessly incorporating the brand new L6 Boa® Closure System, an incremental pull and push structure located on the top center tongue, designed to enable fast and easy micro-adjustability for a customizable fit.

“The original Powerband golf shoe was a revolutionary product when we first brought it to the marketplace in 2007 and it helped push golf footwear technology to the next level. The Power franchise has always stood out as bold and more progressive, and is a great representation of what adidas golf is all about. Infusing this footwear with all that we have learned the past 10 years, the new Powerband Boa Boost is the most technical and innovative Powerband shoe to date and we are excited to bring it back to the golf market.” 

Masun Denison, Director of Footwear, adidas Golf

232370-powerband boa boost macro-34e178-original-1481826784.jpg

232372-powerband boa boost toe-9722d4-original-1481826800.jpg

I really like my Adidas Tour 360, and I like the looks of this shoe.  I have never tried a shoe with BOA, but this might be the first.

So, tell me... has anyone had trouble with the fishing line breaking?  And what do you do if it does?  That has always steered me away from BOA.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wow, really liking the look of the BOA system. I liked the boost foam in the Asym.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I really like my Adidas Tour 360, and I like the looks of this shoe.  I have never tried a shoe with BOA, but this might be the first.

So, tell me... has anyone had trouble with the fishing line breaking?  And what do you do if it does?  That has always steered me away from BOA.

I may look like a fishing line, but it's really 49 stainless steel strands wound together and wrapped in a nylon coating. We learned at the adidas Tour Boost 360 launch last year that it would take roughly 600 lbs of force to break the cable, and your foot can only withstand about 5 lbs.  adidas also says you can bend the cable back and forth about 500,000 times before it would break. If it did break I'm not sure what the process is to replace the cable - and even though it's BOA's and adidas' say so, I'd guess the chances of breaking are pretty slim compared to a regular lace. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

A friend of mine was a prototype tester of these last summer. I got to see them (although not in the finished colors) but the Boa was very cool. He said they were extremely comfortable and hated to send them back. Ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Now if they just come in blue...

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've never tried a BOA shoe but don't care for the look really. What I do like are waxed shoe laces. I had to go get some the other day after getting tired of re-tying my shoe all day on the course. Grrrrrr.

I'm not sure why the golf shoes makers quit including them as standard issue with shoes. You tie them and they stay tied. Heh!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

FWIW: I was a bit leary, but purchased a pair with BOA last spring - used them regularly over the last 4 months or so of the season (in OH) and have had no issues. I didn't try over-tightening them, but it's been no problem getting them tight enough. I would guess the "ratchet" might break before the cable would. I really like it for easy, quick shoe change - only thing quicker or easier as far as footwear goes, would be some sort of slip-on/sandals. 

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Love the look of these. Sadly, though, I'm sure they'll cost a small fortune.

$179 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Really loving the look of these ones. Would like to see what other colorways they offer

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I am all about the BOA system.  It is all I prefer to use with shoes now.  I believe that if they break, then the shoes are replaced completely free of charge.  Basically saying it is impossible to break the system. 

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

I may look like a fishing line, but it's really 49 stainless steel strands wound together and wrapped in a nylon coating. We learned at the adidas Tour Boost 360 launch last year that it would take roughly 600 lbs of force to break the cable, and your foot can only withstand about 5 lbs. adidas also says you can bend the cable back and forth about 500,000 times before it would break. If it did break I'm not sure what the process is to replace the cable - and even though it's BOA's and adidas' say so, I'd guess the chances of breaking are pretty slim compared to a regular lace.

Cool info.

I had no idea.

Guess my diy fishing line idea won't work now. Lol

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I still prefer the look of laces but when you lock in with the BOA, your foot is staying put.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Looks pretty sharp. I've never had golf shoes with boa, but that may change in the future.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder