Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mcilroy new equipment sponsor

jamiejamster

Just heard from a good source that Mcilroy will be using Callaway products in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well ain't that interesting!  Can you PM me your source?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That would be HUGE for Cally!  I'll wait for the press release to believe this one.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

That would be great for Callaway (I love Callaway as well), but he played amazingly with those M2s....

Driver              SLDR TP 10.5* with Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60 Tour X, 44.25"

3W                  Ping G25 with Diamana White Board D+ 82X, 42.5", tipped .5"

Driving Iron     Callaway X Prototype Utility with Tour AD DI 105X

Irons               4-P Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype with KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges          Cleveland RTX-588 46, 50, 54, 58 with True Temper DG Tour X100

Putter              Odyssey White Hot Pro Tour V-Line with Super Stroke 1.0 Pistol GT Tour, 33.25"

Golf Ball          Kirkland Signatures and Chrome Soft 2016

This just in.......

In the wake of Nike's exit from golf, Rory McIlroy has shocked the establishment by signing a new 14 club deal with Spalding.  The deal believed to be worth in the region of $150 for a complete set including woods and will run for three years or until the heads fall off.

McIlroy%2Bspalding.png Rory McIlroy will use his new Spalding clubs at the Fed Ex Cup playoffs.

At a press conference to make the announcement McIlroy reacted angrily to suggestions that Spalding were a cut price brand of questionable quality and that he overlooked TaylorMade, Callaway and Ping in the decision process.

"I don't think it was as difficult a decision for me," said McIlroy. "I don't feel like I've let the game down at all. I didn't get into golf to try and grow the game. I got into golf to try to win championships and win major championships and I believe I can do that with Spalding clubs and the new Limestone CaCO3 Spalding distance ball. I'm very happy with the decision I made, and I have no regrets about it."
Spalding boss Tim Spall couldn't hide his shock and delight at the coup.

"We are delighted to have Rory McIlroy on board," Spall told reporters. "Rory is already working with our design team on ways to stop the shafts getting all rusty and how to glue on the badge at the back a bit better."

McIlroy finished the announcement with a thinly veiled swipe on the big equipment brands by saying he probably wont even browse through them in the golf shops anymore.

"I'll probably walk past them but I wont be picking out the 7-iron to give it a waggle," he said.
So what will you be looking at, Rory?
"Slazenger, Benross, Spalding, Masters... the stuff that matters."

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hard to bite on this one. I still think PXG have to be in the mix here.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

LMAO at the Foz and his post!  :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Epic must be good if he's ditching his driver

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Why would I do such a thing

To do a bro a solid!  :D

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

IMG_4923.JPG

Both started 2 hrs ago. But which came first?

The forum post did

Gotcha, couldn't see time stamps on the app.

It would certainly be an interesting move.  I just don't see him playing the wedges and irons though, driver maybe if the Epic is that good.  I've been wrong before though...

With Phil on his way out of the game in a few years Callaway needs its new face. Taylormade has DJ and Day. Titleist has Spieth 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

This just in.......

In the wake of Nike's exit from golf, Rory McIlroy has shocked the establishment by signing a new 14 club deal with Spalding.  The deal believed to be worth in the region of $150 for a complete set including woods and will run for three years or until the heads fall off.

McIlroy%2Bspalding.png Rory McIlroy will use his new Spalding clubs at the Fed Ex Cup playoffs.

At a press conference to make the announcement McIlroy reacted angrily to suggestions that Spalding were a cut price brand of questionable quality and that he overlooked TaylorMade, Callaway and Ping in the decision process.

"I don't think it was as difficult a decision for me," said McIlroy. "I don't feel like I've let the game down at all. I didn't get into golf to try and grow the game. I got into golf to try to win championships and win major championships and I believe I can do that with Spalding clubs and the new Limestone CaCO3 Spalding distance ball. I'm very happy with the decision I made, and I have no regrets about it."

"We are delighted to have Rory McIlroy on board," Spall told reporters. "Rory is already working with our design team on ways to stop the shafts getting all rusty and how to glue on the badge at the back a bit better."

McIlroy finished the announcement with a thinly veiled swipe on the big equipment brands by saying he probably wont even browse through them in the golf shops anymore.

"I'll probably walk past them but I wont be picking out the 7-iron to give it a waggle," he said.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Good post Fozzy!!  Don't laugh but last week at a charity scramble they had a club barrel with assorted clubs for $5. I ended up getting a 200 series 54* Vokey and a newer 52* Top Flite wedges. For some reason that Top Flite fits my eye good and I hit it on the range and it aint even a classic Spalding. I added 2 strips of lead tape about 8 grams and threw it in the bag for the scramble. Glad I did I stuck 3 shots in tight with that darn thing. I do not know who makes that brand now but it is new because it has the rotex type grooves etc.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I was sure Rory was going to sign w/ Kirkland

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

:lol: Good post Fozzy!!

Don't laugh but last week at a charity scramble they had a club barrel with assorted clubs for $5. I ended up getting a 200 series 54* Vokey and a newer 52* Top Flite wedges. For some reason that Top Flite fits my eye good and I hit it on the range and it aint even a classic Spalding. I added 2 strips of lead tape about 8 grams and threw it in the bag for the scramble. Glad I did I stuck 3 shots in tight with that darn thing. I do not know who makes that brand now but it is new because it has the rotex type grooves etc.

Clearly with your experience and skill you could literally hit anything and make it work well!

Recall seeing a photo of Kelly Slater - multiple time World champ surfer and very low single digit handicap golfer - surfing on a door.... Yes, a large bulky heavy very UN-hydrodynamic solid.core raised panel door.

People with real talent can perform with any old thing .. the rest of us struggling humans need to be able to blame it on our equipment ;-) .......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Every manufacturer gave him equipment to try out

Callaway are making him a new set of Blades..

We shall see but it's what I've been told.

I am leaning towards Callaway myself-- Those 2013 X Forged are hitting good but I am not fully committed yet versus the VIPs plus I have a pristine set of VIPs my friend on another site sent me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This just in.......

Damn, I had him pegged to sign a deal with Northwestern golf.  They have not had a headline name since JC Sneed.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

With Phil on his way out of the game in a few years Callaway needs its new face. Taylormade has DJ and Day. Titleist has Spieth

Under Armour has Spieth, most casual fans don't even no what clubs he plays. His bag doesn't even say Titleist (I could be wrong if that changed recently).

R1 TP w/Fujikura Speeder57 Evolution Stiff
Speedline Super S 3W 15* w/Matrix HD Radix S 60 Stiff
Idea Tech V4 3-hybrid Stiff
Blue Irons 5-PW TrueTemper Dynalite 85 Stiff
CG15 52* & 588 RTX 56* Wedges
Cure RXi

Gotta go with Callaway as well, I'm not sure the PXG brand fits Rory, I mean yes its young and flashy but Rors might be more classic, Callaway provides that. Plus, as was mentioned earlier, Phil is on his way out, so having a new face of the brand could really help Callaway. All speculation really, but it sure is fun. Interested to see what happens  :D

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Looks like Cally it is for the next few months at least.

http://nolayingup.com/2016/12/31/rory-mcilroy-callaway/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Archived