TESTERS WANTED! ×

What would you like to see MyGolfSpy test?

hckymeyer

You know I haven't played with one, otherwise I would have given a review of the club. And you're right, I haven't seen them. The place I purchase my clubs is a standalone golf shop and they don't receive the inventory produced specifically for the big box guys. That's what the SLDR C is.

I'm happy you like your driver, let's move the conversation on.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

The way the rule reads is if it is not on the Conforming list it is deemed non conforming until tested and approved. IE; My 1980 Macgregor VIP irons are not on the current list but they were legal on the date of manufacture to the then standards in 1980 so as of now they have never been submitted on the new list so they are deemed Non-Conforming. My 588s made around 2000 or so are pre 2012 and they are on the non-conforming list big as heck! Really I do not care I do not play comp or stipulated events anyhow and personally I could give a rats arse whether any one else's clubs are non conforming or not. We ran into the same problem with some of the Infiniti irons when I played comp with them because Infiniti never submitted them. I did get a certificate of conformity on the TS-10s from the USGA after they tested them because I played 5 mini events with them. Never had any questions asked when I played their Assure brand in 2 events. 

Nobody was worried about the Wilson Triton until the USGA declared that it was non-conforming AFTER a shape analysis, and a CT test was done using the 12 gram weight. Until and unless there is a USGA test done for the SLDR-C Driver, (and it fails the test), there is really no need to worry about it either! Keep in mind, this is a 2015 model driver, so if the USGA's CT test has not been conducted by now, chances are it is never going to happen! Furthermore, I doubt that anyone choosing to use the SLDR-C driver for tournament play will ever be challenged over the conformity matter. :rolleyes:

Rest assured, all the OEM's continue to push clubface flex to the legal limit on ALL their driver models, and that's actually been going on for quite some time now!.  :P

The SLDR-C is most likely at, (or very near to), the legal CT limit, just like the other TM drivers.  All this non-conforming speculation surrounding the 2015 SLDR-C driver should really be a non-issue at this point in time. Therefore lets just all put the matter to bed once and for all!. -_-  

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

I would really like to see a comparison test done for putting analysis equipment. I have experience using this one, http://www.quinticballroll.com/ and really like it and it would nice to see what else is available. There was one other I used that at that time TW and others were using; 18 feet long, with two long camera bays on each side, with multiple cameras capturing the ball. Don't recall what it was called, but pretty sharp. This was all at Modern Golf for reference sake.

So I came here to this thread read about some golf items that people would like to see tested, and apparently this has turned into another SLDR-C thread, like we need another one of those. I was thinking about a test that others have mentioned, take one of those 15 dollar putters from Walmart or Kmart and put it up against some of the new Scotty's or some of the new Odysses or something like that. We. It these 2-3 hundred dollar putters, but can we putt as good with a cheap-o. I feel like sometimes it wouldn't hurt me a bit.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Something that might be interesting is a fitter test. Same golfers getting fit at different fitters. They should come out with similar equipment. Right?

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

The last 5 most wanted drivers head to head.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Something that might be interesting is a fitter test. Same golfers getting fit at different fitters. They should come out with similar equipment. Right?

Believe that's been discussed elsewhere. Great idea, but .. a bit too costly........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

The last 5 most wanted drivers head to head.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I like this one Rev!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Similar to the "As Seen On TV" / Golf Channel post....

I'm actually looking at the GX7 Metalwood.....

(there's a sucker born every minute)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Bubble shafts and fat shafts. I have heard that the fat shafts really did perform but people couldn't get over the look of them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged     :cleveland-small: Wedges   :taylormade-small: M1 Driver   Tour Edge E7 Beta 3 wood and hybrid   :taylormade-small: Putter

Sign me up! I know I'm free!

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged     :cleveland-small: Wedges   :taylormade-small: M1 Driver   Tour Edge E7 Beta 3 wood and hybrid   :taylormade-small: Putter

Bubble shafts and fat shafts. I have heard that the fat shafts really did perform but people couldn't get over the look of them.

Wilson Father Shaft irons hitting a Top Flite Magna ball would be a good combo.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

In my book that counts as foreplay...

Unfortunately the Mrs. does not

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Good Idea now that would be "verrrry interesting"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

While this may have some geographical limitations, I would like to hear about the effectiveness of winter apparel.   I live in a locale where the winter weather may  allow a round or two during the winter months and it is important to dress for the temperature and the wind, especially the wind.   I would welcome the opinions of my fellow golfers in similar circumstance regarding what apparel products to use.

While this may have some geographical limitations, I would like to hear about the effectiveness of winter apparel. I live in a locale where the winter weather may allow a round or two during the winter months and it is important to dress for the temperature and the wind, especially the wind. I would welcome the opinions of my fellow golfers in similar circumstance regarding what apparel products to use.

Get a cart cover and one of these, you will. It be cold and don't need to much winter clothing

IMG_1662.JPG

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Galway Bay Pants are a must too. Best pants to wear during cold and rainy days.

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Outside of the sub thread of the SLDR C(would be curious to test) I'd like to see a test with the last 3-5 drivers from a specific company 910vs913vs915vs917 or something like that. And not just woods irons as well. I echo the putter talk as I'm not dropping the money for some of these one off companies or even a scotty(unless used and cheaper) my putter cost me under $100 how does it compare to that Scotty or Lamb putter. I'm just all for testing in general I may be a bit addicted to reading reviews and watching YouTube reviews at least my wife thinks I am.

Would love to see the Wishon Sterling Irons tested...

Hadn't thought of that one! Would love to see any of the component companies, KZG and the like, tested side by side with major OEM offerings.

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Balls by number of layers, or as was done with the Kirkland/Pro V1 test, by hardness. I'd love to see Snell vs Kirkland! Then, say, B330 vs Pro V1X vs TM 5 layer vs Srixon XV, etc, etc, etc.

Is Snell better than Kirkland? Is Kirkland better than JUST Pro V1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm waiting intently on this one & very intrigued by it

If you watch the Be Better Golf Video where they talk driver testing, you can get a preview of what the results might say.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was talking to GolfSpy Sam today about wedges and I remembered the Spin Doctor wedge.  Wonder how much spin you could generate on a k-sig ball?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Swiftwick vs Kentwool socks. Test "absorbency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX