What would you like to see MyGolfSpy test?

hckymeyer

From the USGA website...

Q. When is a score unacceptable?

A. All of the following are unacceptable scores:

A score is unacceptable when:

• Fewer than 7 holes are played
  • Made on a golf course in an area in which an inactive season established by the Governing golf association is in effect
  • A majority of the holes of the course are not played in accordance with the principles of the Rules of Golf
  • The length of the course is less than 3,000 yards for 18-holes
  • Types or maximum number of clubs are less than 14, for example, in a competition that allows only iron clubs
  • Scores are made on a course with no USGA Course and Slope Rating
  • A player carries or uses non-conforming clubs or uses non-conforming balls
  • Artificial devices (as defined under Rule 14-3) are used during the execution of a stroke.

Just checked the conforming list and my balls aren't on there so does that mean my index is invalid? I can have my wife send an email to the USGA if that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

WITB

:titleist-small: TSR3 10* Graphite Design AD VR 6x

:titleist-small: TSR2+ 13* Graphite Design AD HD 7x

:titleist-small: TS2 18* Graphite Design AD MT 7x

:titleist-small: TSI3 20* Graphite Design AD DI 95x

:PXG: 0311 ST 5 -PW KBS $Taper 130

:PXG: Sugar Daddy 50* KBS $Taper 130

:bettinardi-small: HLX 3.0 54* & 58* TTDG S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34"

Just checked the conforming list and my balls aren't on there so does that mean my index is invalid? I can have my wife send an email to the USGA if that will help.

I'd be curious what they say.  I honestly don't know how that works.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'd be curious what they say. I honestly don't know how that works.

Not sure those boys have a sense of humor and would ban me from ever playing a competitive round of golf for the rest of my life.

Apparently neither does my wife.

Me: My handicap may not be valid. Apparently I have been playing golf for years with non-conforming balls. May need you to check them when I get home tonight.

Wife: How would Titleist balls not be conforming???

• Like 5

WITB

:titleist-small: TSR3 10* Graphite Design AD VR 6x

:titleist-small: TSR2+ 13* Graphite Design AD HD 7x

:titleist-small: TS2 18* Graphite Design AD MT 7x

:titleist-small: TSI3 20* Graphite Design AD DI 95x

:PXG: 0311 ST 5 -PW KBS $Taper 130

:PXG: Sugar Daddy 50* KBS $Taper 130

:bettinardi-small: HLX 3.0 54* & 58* TTDG S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34"

Not sure those boys have a sense of humor and would ban me from ever playing a competitive round of golf for the rest of my life.

Apparently neither does my wife.

Me: My handicap may not be valid. Apparently I have been playing golf for years with non-conforming balls. May need you to check them when I get home tonight.

Wife: How would Titleist balls not be conforming???

In my book that counts as foreplay...

• Like 7

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSi3  
FW Wood: PXG Gen4 2-wood
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*
Irons:; PXG 0211; :Hogan: Pro Combo; :benhogan-small:FTX Combo;:benhogan-small:'99 Apex Plus; :benhogan-small:'99 Apex blades; :macgregor-small: 2010 VIP irons; :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTZ ZipCore: :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60
Putter: :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: Buckingham; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X; :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV; :wilson-small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Regardless of whether the club would pass the conforming test, the fact that it hasn't been tested and isn't on the list deems it a non-conforming club.  

Once again, it has NOT been deemed non-conforming by any of Golf's legislative bodies. and obviously you lack the authority to deem it non-conforming.  Of course, you can 'assume' whatever you like for your own purposes, (if that makes you happy), but that's really taking a 'glass half-empty' view of the matter... :)  

Fact is, the SLDR-C Driver remains UNTESTED, (by the USGA or the R&A). My own 'glass half-full' philosophy is to believe that it does conform to the USGA rules until/unless proven otherwise.. :P   

When you really think about it, is there any rational reason to believe TM made an exception for this driver, when every other Taylormade Driver you can currently buy is conforming?...(i.e. CT tested!).. :rolleyes:

As previously mentioned, I am perfectly fine not knowing the CT test results, because I already know everything I need to know...(i.e. it is a 'hot faced' driver that performs well for me!).. :wub:

Full Disclosure: I am not using the stock SLDR-C Driver shaft, having been previously fitted for my Driver shaft  The shaft I use, (shown below), is a fairly demanding shaft, and certainly not for everyone, but just perfect for me!

kusala.jpg

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

Premium shaft ONLY MBP,

How about "spined/pured " shafts versus "randomly" installed shafts

Or the Wilson Triton set up in "illegal" mode

I have been messing with my buddy Bo Bear's Triton and if the weight is the case I think I can make any driver perform with some lead tape in the right places. Wonder how illegial I have made some drivers in the past?

• Like 3

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

I'd like to see older vs newer drivers.....see how much the recent tech has actually improved things......maybe an original big bertha vs the BB fusion

Stu's Antique Golf Museum can supply the antique BBs too!! I have a couple

• Like 2

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

Just saying, I'd say the reason Taylor made didn't submit it is because it was meant to be a low quality, mass produced big box store club.

That being said, I'd love to see a test done on the difference between off the rack and fitting clubs. Just to see the performance gains that people find when they have the right equipment.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Once again, it has NOT been deemed non-conforming by any of Golf's legislative bodies. and obviously you lack the authority to deem it non-conforming.  Of course, you can 'assume' whatever you like for your own purposes, (if that makes you happy), but that's really taking a 'glass half-empty' view of the matter... :)  

Fact is, the SLDR-C Driver remains UNTESTED, (by the USGA or the R&A). My own 'glass half-full' philosophy is to believe that it does conform to the USGA rules until/unless proven otherwise.. :P   

When you really think about it, is there any rational reason to believe TM made an exception for this driver, when every other Taylormade Driver you can currently buy is conforming?...(i.e. CT tested!).. :rolleyes:

As previously mentioned, I am pefectly fine not knowing the CT test results, because I already know everything I need to know...(i.e. it is a 'hot faced' driver that performs well for me!).. :wub:

Full Disclaimer: I am not using the stock SLDR-C Driver shaft, having been previously fitted for this Driver shaft  The shaft I use, (shown below), is a fairly demanding shaft, and certainly not for everyone!

attachicon.gifkusala.jpg

The way the rule reads is if it is not on the Conforming list it is deemed non conforming until tested and approved. IE; My 1980 Macgregor VIP irons are not on the current list but they were legal on the date of manufacture to the then standards in 1980 so as of now they have never been submitted on the new list so they are deemed Non-Conforming. My 588s made around 2000 or so are pre 2012 and they are on the non-conforming list big as heck! Really I do not care I do not play comp or stipulated events anyhow and personally I could give a rats arse whether any one else's clubs are non conforming or not. We ran into the same problem with some of the Infiniti irons when I played comp with them because Infiniti never submitted them. I did get a certificate of conformity on the TS-10s from the USGA after they tested them because I played 5 mini events with them. Never had any questions asked when I played their Assure brand in 2 events. 

Just saying, I'd say the reason Taylor made didn't submit it is because it was meant to be a low quality, mass produced big box store club.

The quality of the SLDR-C is certainly no different than the rest of the SLDR Family, (all TM metal woods are made in China). However, it is interesting you should bring quality up since the only TM metal woods known to have any quality issues at present are the most expensive M-Family line of metal woods.  (The ridge forming and paint cracking issues have created some real warranty headaches for TM at a time when the company is still struggling to find new ownership).. :o  

As for your "big box"and "mass produced" comments, the SLDR-C has been, and is being sold by the very same Golf Retailers as other current TM Metal woods including the aforementioned M-Family line, and, of course, ALL TM Drivers are 'mass produced', so just what the heck were you thinking with that statement?  Perhaps you only shop in Golf Course Pro Shops where very few lines of clubs are even offered for sale. Fact is that most of us do shop at major Golf Retailers these days, and with the online Retailers as well!  There is certainly nothing wrong with that!  Your shopping habits are atypical!. ;)

You can try and discredit this club all you want Shawn, but your comments only make me wonder if you have ever even seen one up close, much less actually played a round of golf with one!  Be advised that TM has long been known for excellent metal woods and the SLDR-C line is certainly no exception!.. :P  

I'll say it again...There is no direct relationship between a driver's price its performance for a particular individual, and most people are able to figure that out pretty quickly!.. :rolleyes:

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

You know I haven't played with one, otherwise I would have given a review of the club. And you're right, I haven't seen them. The place I purchase my clubs is a standalone golf shop and they don't receive the inventory produced specifically for the big box guys. That's what the SLDR C is.

I'm happy you like your driver, let's move the conversation on.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

The way the rule reads is if it is not on the Conforming list it is deemed non conforming until tested and approved. IE; My 1980 Macgregor VIP irons are not on the current list but they were legal on the date of manufacture to the then standards in 1980 so as of now they have never been submitted on the new list so they are deemed Non-Conforming. My 588s made around 2000 or so are pre 2012 and they are on the non-conforming list big as heck! Really I do not care I do not play comp or stipulated events anyhow and personally I could give a rats arse whether any one else's clubs are non conforming or not. We ran into the same problem with some of the Infiniti irons when I played comp with them because Infiniti never submitted them. I did get a certificate of conformity on the TS-10s from the USGA after they tested them because I played 5 mini events with them. Never had any questions asked when I played their Assure brand in 2 events. 

Nobody was worried about the Wilson Triton until the USGA declared that it was non-conforming AFTER a shape analysis, and a CT test was done using the 12 gram weight. Until and unless there is a USGA test done for the SLDR-C Driver, (and it fails the test), there is really no need to worry about it either! Keep in mind, this is a 2015 model driver, so if the USGA's CT test has not been conducted by now, chances are it is never going to happen! Furthermore, I doubt that anyone choosing to use the SLDR-C driver for tournament play will ever be challenged over the conformity matter. :rolleyes:

Rest assured, all the OEM's continue to push clubface flex to the legal limit on ALL their driver models, and that's actually been going on for quite some time now!.  :P

The SLDR-C is most likely at, (or very near to), the legal CT limit, just like the other TM drivers.  All this non-conforming speculation surrounding the 2015 SLDR-C driver should really be a non-issue at this point in time. Therefore lets just all put the matter to bed once and for all!. -_-  

I would really like to see a comparison test done for putting analysis equipment. I have experience using this one, http://www.quinticballroll.com/ and really like it and it would nice to see what else is available. There was one other I used that at that time TW and others were using; 18 feet long, with two long camera bays on each side, with multiple cameras capturing the ball. Don't recall what it was called, but pretty sharp. This was all at Modern Golf for reference sake.

• Like 1

So I came here to this thread read about some golf items that people would like to see tested, and apparently this has turned into another SLDR-C thread, like we need another one of those. I was thinking about a test that others have mentioned, take one of those 15 dollar putters from Walmart or Kmart and put it up against some of the new Scotty's or some of the new Odysses or something like that. We. It these 2-3 hundred dollar putters, but can we putt as good with a cheap-o. I feel like sometimes it wouldn't hurt me a bit.

• Like 3

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Something that might be interesting is a fitter test. Same golfers getting fit at different fitters. They should come out with similar equipment. Right?

• Like 4

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

The last 5 most wanted drivers head to head.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52, 56  

Ping Glide 3.0  Ping Eye 2 grind 58.8

L.A.B. Mezz.1 32.5"

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Something that might be interesting is a fitter test. Same golfers getting fit at different fitters. They should come out with similar equipment. Right?

Believe that's been discussed elsewhere. Great idea, but .. a bit too costly........
  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

The last 5 most wanted drivers head to head.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I like this one Rev!

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Similar to the "As Seen On TV" / Golf Channel post....

I'm actually looking at the GX7 Metalwood.....

(there's a sucker born every minute)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)