hckymeyer

What would you like to see MyGolfSpy test?

Our Sponsors

I'd like to see you guys test the bombtech driver. I'm curious how it stacks up against the competition. All the YouTube reviews I've seen are positive for sure but I'd really like to see you guys test it.

• Like 1

Balls sliced in half:

A new tour/multilayer urethane ball vs a tour ball that's been hit by a 100mph swing (driver) 100xs.

Also a ball that hits a tree or something solid 3-4xs.

To see if those small layers still consistent.

How about a test for all of the newest tour balls. Maybe a few others. Get real distance and spin numbers. Maybe stopping distance closest to landing area.. it would be one of the cheapest tests you've ever done. I'm semi new here so it my have been done, but maybe we need a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'd like to see you guys test the bombtech driver. I'm curious how it stacks up against the competition. All the YouTube reviews I've seen are positive for sure but I'd really like to see you guys test it.

It was tested in the 2015 Most Wanted Driver test.  Nothing special; middle of the road.

https://www.mygolfspy.com/2015-most-wanted-driver-data/

• Like 1

Aging sucks...  Are you tough enough to get old?

...really hoping for some testing of the various one length irons.

So far there is the Edel, Cobra and Sterling/Wishon.  Would love to see how all of these fare and comparisons between each as they each seem to employ a little bit different technique.

Perhaps a member test?!?!   :)

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:titelist-small:  TS3 PX EvenFlow T1100 White  
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Black Ten S
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

You should test Warrior Golf. I get enough spam emails about them, you should let us know if they're worth anything.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged     :cleveland-small: Wedges   :taylormade-small: M1 Driver   Tour Edge E7 Beta 3 wood and hybrid   :taylormade-small: Putter

You should test Warrior Golf. I get enough spam emails about them, you should let us know if they're worth anything.

You don't have to wait for a test. They aren't worth the box you'll get them in. And good luck on getting your money back if you try.

Last I heard they have a very poor rating with the BBB and there are lots of horror stories from people who've taken the bait.

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

You don't have to wait for a test. They aren't worth the box you'll get them in. And good luck on getting your money back if you try.

Last I heard they have a very poor rating with the BBB and there are lots of horror stories from people who've taken the bait.

That may still be a great thread if you can get some victims....Err...I mean volunteers.

When I used to be a gamer, I'd read through the magazines for reviews on the games I really wanted. In addition, I'd read on the games that got really awful scores because the reviews would be hysterical. Obviously, the time and quality of the reviews wouldn't need to be the same level as a normal review but I think it could be a good time.

Who doesn't want to see the Warrior side by side with the Epic on a launch monitor?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

This times 1000!!!

Vertical Groove driver :)

And my throw back selections

Powerpod 1 vs 2

attachicon.gifpowerpod 1.jpgattachicon.gifpowerpod 2.jpg

Bullet Hollow Point driver

attachicon.gifBullet Hollow Point - Worst Golf Club Ever List.jpg

Alien Wedge

attachicon.gifAlien Wedge - Worst Golf Club Ever - CaddyDigest.jpg

o

I remember a guy had a power pod when I first started playing. Wierdest thing I've ever seen/ used.

In a strange twist of fate I'm now great mates with his Son in law!

I am pretty confident that they are rubbish. That's what would make it such a great test.

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged     :cleveland-small: Wedges   :taylormade-small: M1 Driver   Tour Edge E7 Beta 3 wood and hybrid   :taylormade-small: Putter

OK. I have an idea. It's not a test per say, but an event.

What if we had a destination trip to MGS HQ so some lucky forum members could participate in the Most Wanted testing? I think that would be a cool experience.

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

What if we had a destination trip to MGS HQ so some lucky forum members could participate in the Most Wanted testing? I think that would be a cool experience.

Trip to HQ to participate in something would be cool. But as I understand it the most wanted testing for each category takes place over several different days on several visits. It's a lot of balls for someone to hit in one trip. Would be fun to try I'm sure. But I think fatigue would prohibit you from giving your actual swing all the way through.

But some sort of contest to go and participate in some sort of demo or golf with the staff there would be fun.

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I am in,  and my transportation costs would be cheap since I live about 20 minutes from HQ.   I was part of the most wanted testing and I can tell you that it is a multi-day undertaking for a person.  Would be difficult to get multiple people participating at the same time so it would be a lot of waiting.  Only viable option would be to get out to an actual course and then there would be the need for multiple launch monitors.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:   :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  :odyssey-small: Ten S 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think this topic may have been moved to Twitter, like #AskMyGolfSpy or something like that? .. but I've been wondering for a while....

* How important/ impactful is the shape of your putter grip to your ability to start putts on your line + ability to control speed and distance .. ie. Directly impact your make percentage of putts?

...Ignoring grip weight and (any) counterbalancing; just the actual shape itself -- eg. pistol (skinny), round (thick), flat on one side, teardrop, etc.

For example, is there a particular style that better fits someone with a strong arc vs slight arc vs sbst type of putting stroke?

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Cobra King F8 (Tensei CK Blue) or maybe EXS 220 (Ventus 4T Core)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Apex CF16 6i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

I'd like to see a re-test of the Odyssey EXO putters now that those putter heads are available with Stroke Lab shafts as an option.

Driver:  PXG 811x Gen1, HZRDS Smoke Yellow 60g S

Fariway:   :titelist-small: 917 F2, 3-Wood Fujikura Blue 

Hybrid:   :ping-small: G410 18*

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged, 4-GW, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  EXO Rossie 34.5" (Tester) 

Most Wanted "Hall of Fame" testing - winners or even top 3 from previous 3-4 years in each category. Give the bargain hunters what they want! 

Sponsored by Callaway Pre-Owned and ebay 😉

Edited by BMart519
  • Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*, 5-6 FWY at 17*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 5-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:taylormade-small: White Smoke MC72

I would love to see MGS include how well bags work with popular models of push carts in their bag testing.  It's a very important component to buying a bag for those of us who belong to the #PushCartMafia.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sixcat said:

I would love to see MGS include how well bags work with popular models of push carts in their bag testing.  It's a very important component to buying a bag for those of us who belong to the #PushCartMafia.

Just an fyi for @sixcat -- I have a Bag Boy Quad XL and its top bracket is shaped to integrate with most any recent make stand bag, such that the top of the legs sort of "clip in" and you don't need the top strap around the bag at all. 

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Cobra King F8 (Tensei CK Blue) or maybe EXS 220 (Ventus 4T Core)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Apex CF16 6i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

I

On 9/4/2019 at 1:35 PM, sixcat said:

I agree! I have a cart bag with a push cart. Finding that good fit is a challenge, unless you buy the cart/bag combo.

• Like 1

Gloves. Synthetic, leather, rain gloves and no gloves on all shots. Does it effect distance? Dispersion? Distance control? Putting?

Are certain shot shapes more effected than others?

I've always taken my glove off to putt and sometimes chip, but there's no specific guideline. I'd love to know if it makes any tangible difference.