Wedges -50, 54 Mizuno S23 , 58 Maltby Max Milled

Putter - L.A.B. Mezz 1 Max

Bag - Mizuno

Cart - Alphard powered Caddy Tek 3 wheeler

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooohooo!! I've entered pretty much every day, and low and behold, I check my inbox this morning and there's a flashing beacon of excitement about 5 emails down. Maybe it wasn't flashing, but I'm pretty sure the only email my eyes saw was "Saleshp - - Boccieri Golf-Claim Prize". I can't for the new addition to my bag!

Also I have to tell you that the customer service dept. at Boccieri is stellar. I knew when I won that it wasn't like I was getting a custom fit wedge, but I had to call anyway. I'm 6'5" and all of my clubs are +1", so I asked if the wedge that I was being sent could be the same. I spoke with Debbie in Customer Service who hadn't been asked that question yet, and went to find the answer. 30 seconds later she's back and says that while it's usually a $50 cost to extend a club, that they'll be happy to do it free of charge since I was a contest winner. She then waited on the line with me while I filled out the prize claim form to make sure that it went thru properly and so that she could add the custom feature to the ticket. It was kind of her to do so and much appreciated.

Lastly, of course, thanks MGS for posting the contest. I loved this site even when I hadn't won anything, so this is like icing on the cake.

Woooohooo!! I've entered pretty much every day, and low and behold, I check my inbox this morning and there's a flashing beacon of excitement about 5 emails down. Maybe it wasn't flashing, but I'm pretty sure the only email my eyes saw was "Saleshp - - Boccieri Golf-Claim Prize". I can't for the new addition to my bag!

Also I have to tell you that the customer service dept. at Boccieri is stellar. I knew when I won that it wasn't like I was getting a custom fit wedge, but I had to call anyway. I'm 6'5" and all of my clubs are +1", so I asked if the wedge that I was being sent could be the same. I spoke with Debbie in Customer Service who hadn't been asked that question yet, and went to find the answer. 30 seconds later she's back and says that while it's usually a $50 cost to extend a club, that they'll be happy to do it free of charge since I was a contest winner. She then waited on the line with me while I filled out the prize claim form to make sure that it went thru properly and so that she could add the custom feature to the ticket. It was kind of her to do so and much appreciated.

Lastly, of course, thanks MGS for posting the contest. I loved this site even when I hadn't won anything, so this is like icing on the cake.

Thats awesome, congrats. It's great to get customer service like that even when it's a free item that you are receiving, it makes you want to go back for additional needs. I've been dealing with LeaderboardGolf.com after winning the British Open contest and they have been excellent.

Thats awesome, congrats. It's great to get customer service like that even when it's a free item that you are receiving, it makes you want to go back for additional needs. I've been dealing with LeaderboardGolf.com after winning the British Open contest and they have been excellent.

You won the Nike driver!?! That's awesome!

Congrats...

Running MGS total: 3

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

USA only, Canucks need not apply :)

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

nice... where do you see the winners list?

EDIT: nevermind... saw it on the side in the Status Updates----->

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Not for non-US, again. Don't click Canucks. There must be some of these that apply to the frozen north.

Oops, sorry, duplicate posting.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Nice... my turn is next...

Running MGS total: 5

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

CONGRATS JAMO!

Seems that the MGS readers are doing well in this contest. I am looking forward to all your reviews. I have tested the wedge and I really want to hear what others think.

I JUST WON!!! I'm getting the 60* with 7* of bounce.

#TruthDigest

I wish I would win one of these already, so I can quit doing this every day. :)

I agree 100%... Don't they know who we are?

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Mine came today. I'll put up a full review in a week or two, but first thought: They should NOT call it the Heavy Wedge. It's not as groundbreakingly heavy as the heavy putter is, and it makes it sound like it is a gimmick, which I can tell you it is not. It should just be the Boccieri Golf Control Series wedge. That's what I would do with the Heavy Putter too, but I digress. Even with that gripe, expect it to be a pretty positive review.

One thing that I, sadly, must add is that the club will most likely not find it's way into the bag. As much as I need a new LW, I use my 60* LW out of the sand, so I need something with a lot of bounce. My old Nike SV had 10* and my current Mizuno MP-T has 9*. I realize that I am in the tiny minority here, because most people use a 56* SW to hit bunker shots, but I like the extra height that my 60* gives me. The most bounce that Heavy Wedge makes in a 60* is the 7* of bounce that I got, and I doubt that it enough from the sand.

Jamo,

Have you asked Heavy Wedges if they can bend a 56 or 58 degree to 60? I'm assuming those come with more bounce. If you like the wedge its worth a try. As you probably know adding loft adds bounce and will reduce offset.

KWheels 

Jamo,

Have you asked Heavy Wedges if they can bend a 56 or 58 degree to 60? I'm assuming those come with more bounce. If you like the wedge its worth a try. As you probably know adding loft adds bounce and will reduce offset.

No I haven't, but I don't think that would really work either. They don't make a 58* so that's out of the question, and the only 56* they make already has 11* of bounce, so for them to bend it 4* would add 4* of bounce, 15* of bounce being too much for a 60* wedge.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new puppy, and he woke me up early to go to the bathroom...

While I was waiting for him I figured I would check my email...

BAM!!! WINNER...

52 degree wedge on the way to my doorstep...

Running MGS total: 6

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Archived