Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy_X

Wedge-A-Day Giveaway {HeavyWedge}

nice... where do you see the winners list?

EDIT: nevermind... saw it on the side in the Status Updates----->

Not for non-US, again. Don't click Canucks. There must be some of these that apply to the frozen north.

Oops, sorry, duplicate posting.

CONGRATS JAMO!

Seems that the MGS readers are doing well in this contest. I am looking forward to all your reviews. I have tested the wedge and I really want to hear what others think.

I JUST WON!!! I'm getting the 60* with 7* of bounce.

I wish I would win one of these already, so I can quit doing this every day. :lol:

I wish I would win one of these already, so I can quit doing this every day. :)

I agree 100%... Don't they know who we are?

I do not know what the advantage is to the company to make us re register every day. They already have our info. It just becomes a chore for us.

Mine came today. I'll put up a full review in a week or two, but first thought: They should NOT call it the Heavy Wedge. It's not as groundbreakingly heavy as the heavy putter is, and it makes it sound like it is a gimmick, which I can tell you it is not. It should just be the Boccieri Golf Control Series wedge. That's what I would do with the Heavy Putter too, but I digress. Even with that gripe, expect it to be a pretty positive review.

One thing that I, sadly, must add is that the club will most likely not find it's way into the bag. As much as I need a new LW, I use my 60* LW out of the sand, so I need something with a lot of bounce. My old Nike SV had 10* and my current Mizuno MP-T has 9*. I realize that I am in the tiny minority here, because most people use a 56* SW to hit bunker shots, but I like the extra height that my 60* gives me. The most bounce that Heavy Wedge makes in a 60* is the 7* of bounce that I got, and I doubt that it enough from the sand.

Edited by jamo

Jamo,

Have you asked Heavy Wedges if they can bend a 56 or 58 degree to 60? I'm assuming those come with more bounce. If you like the wedge its worth a try. As you probably know adding loft adds bounce and will reduce offset.

Jamo,

Have you asked Heavy Wedges if they can bend a 56 or 58 degree to 60? I'm assuming those come with more bounce. If you like the wedge its worth a try. As you probably know adding loft adds bounce and will reduce offset.

No I haven't, but I don't think that would really work either. They don't make a 58* so that's out of the question, and the only 56* they make already has 11* of bounce, so for them to bend it 4* would add 4* of bounce, 15* of bounce being too much for a 60* wedge.

Just got a new puppy, and he woke me up early to go to the bathroom...

While I was waiting for him I figured I would check my email...

BAM!!! WINNER...

52 degree wedge on the way to my doorstep...

Running MGS total: 6