TESTERS WANTED! ×

Home Golf Course?

ole gray

They did the flyover with a drone and t came out great. I love the golf course because they left it alone with all its quirks. Has the only three par 5s on the course in a row followed by two par 3s, plays to a par 71 with a 37-34 split and has the original greens from 1901. The wind dictates how you play the course and for me that is a lot of fun. Not to mention walking a track that Bobby Jones has won a major on is cool in its own right. Ten years ago when Tom Doak was hired he did not do a redesign but rather opted to restore the course to its original layout.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yea no shat!   Hallowed grounds for sure.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea no shat! Hallowed grounds for sure.

This plaque is on 18. Jones hit 2 iron and these days it is a smooth 6 or hard 7 from there.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Loved the fly over. The world Wwods tracks aren't too bad LI Rich. TPC is another matter particularly from the tips if that's where you play from.

7 or 8 under was all the Champio tour guys could muster there and that's with the tees up a bit to accomodate the AMs.

If you are interested in coming over to try Bayou let me know. I won't play the tips but you are welcome to give them a try. I gave that stuff up at 55 although I have played them a few times for kicks.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Flyover of my home club. Forgot this was on the web until SWMBO reminded me. https://youtu.be/5AzSMyr0n3Y

Wow, what a layout. The wind must be fierce some days! I can see why you like it so much - great location, inviting, but lots of trouble and the wind as a wild card making each round different.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Loved the fly over. The world Wwods tracks aren't too bad LI Rich. TPC is another matter particularly from the tips if that's where you play from.

7 or 8 under was all the Champio tour guys could muster there and that's with the tees up a bit to accomodate the AMs.

If you are interested in coming over to try Bayou let me know. I won't play the tips but you are welcome to give them a try. I gave that stuff up at 55 although I have played them a few times for kicks.

Thanks for the invite, but as we're traveling as a foursome, it may not work out this time. I will take a rain check as I'm sure I would love to get a round in with you. For that matter, if you're up to NY/Long Island, I think the local MGSers and I would love to host a few rounds on the course and afterward.

I don't have the game for the tips frankly. I can hit lots of great shots, but somehow haven't figured out how to be a good golfer if you take my meaning. I think the problem is mostly an equipment issue: between the ears.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

My home course is Indian Wells in Garden City SC it is right around the corner from my house about a mile or less on the road. I do not have any pics. My second home course is Founder's Club at Pawley's Island SC. Fozzy has told me he has played Indian Wells before. I am lucky I have 6 courses within a 5 mile radius of my house actually 7 if you count the executive course up the street too

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

played there in 2015 what s golf course greens were tremendous

I will be sure to post my impressions. I don't want to promise a review - I'm not much of a pictures/video guy, more of a live it, take it all in, remember it guy.

I am really looking forward to it. It's been a very busy quarter and I can use the break.

Thanks for the thread Ole Gray!

played there in 2015 what s golf course greens were tremendous

I will be sure to post my impressions. I don't want to promise a review - I'm not much of a pictures/video guy, more of a live it, take it all in, remember it guy.

I am really looking forward to it. It's been a very busy quarter and I can use the break.

Thanks for the thread Ole Gray!

Cypress Creek Golfers Club (http://www.cypresscreekgolfersclub.com/index.html )  About 11 miles from my house.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Curlewis GC, about 5 minutes from home.

https://curlewisgolf.com.au/pages/first

Since these flyovers were done, lots of trees have been removed, particularly on the 2nd, 5th and 12th. Fairway bunkers on 10 are now gone, replaced with subtle mounding. All the changes have been for the better, with a return to how the course was originally designed.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Here is the drone video I did at my course https://youtu.be/veJ7-ZbaGiM

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Drones are revolutionizing our visualizations. Great course.

Adele sounded a little hoarse to me though. ;-)

My home course is a Columbia Point GC located in Richland, WA.  

https://www.playcolumbiapoint.com/golf-course/picture-gallery

It's not a long course playing 6600y from the tips (or 6100 where I play!), and as you can see the mounds can provide some interesting lies.  It used to be a 6000 yard par 66 tree-lined course called Sham-Na-Pum.  There was also a 9-hole par 3 course next to it.  We had a big wind storm around 1990; 70+ mph that took down a lot of trees.  The city wanted to develop the area, so they put in condos and shopping by the river; hired course architect J. J. Engh, and a management firm to run the course.  It's a par 72 with 3 par 5's on the front and one on the back; thus, 37/35=72.  The name was changed to Columbia Point.  Personally, I am not a fan of the layout or mounds, but it's a good deal for the area and the staff are great!  The brand new carts this year was a bonus.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Drones are revolutionizing our visualizations. Great course.

Adele sounded a little hoarse to me though. ;-)

Yeah the guy that did that cover has a bunch of great songs that arent metal, done that way.  He owns a studio in Norway.  Incredibly talented.  Gave me permission to use his music for any videos I did...

I have a flyover from 15-30 feet as well, but it has a Joe Satriani Song in it...  Don't have permission for it... but its just damn cool

Blue Ridge Country Club in southwest Virginia is less than 5 minutes from my house.  I have been a member since moving back to the area in 2007.  The club and course are nothing fancy, just golf and a pool but has an avid following locally with a lot of dedicated members.  The course is always in good shape and the greens are some of the best in the region.  

We also have some serious sticks within the ranks of the membership.  Check out the tournament results from years past.  One name you will see repeatedly is Sherrill Britt.  He was part of the two man 4-ball team that lost in the USGA 4-ball final in 2015 at Olympic Club.

http://www.blueridgegolf.net/

Springfield golf club in Fort Mill, SC is where I play most of my golf as a member. Although my membership there gets me membership to 3 other courses, I don't play them as much. One of the courses that we get in our meme we ship is Fort Mill Golf Club, a Donald Ross front nine, this is also the course that Charlie Rymer talks about all the time on the GC.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Wow, what a layout. The wind must be fierce some days! I can see why you like it so much - great location, inviting, but lots of trouble and the wind as a wild card making each round different.

The wind is fierce most days which makes the course a lot of fun to play. I have mastered the 135 yard 4 iron into the wind.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

For the last couple of years, I guess I would be best described as a golf bagabon.   My home is where ever my buds and I put a tee in the ground.   Its been said that your friends are the family that you get to choose.   So my golf home is where my golf family may be at any given time.

Here's our signature hole. This one plays from 170 to 220 over the corner of the Bayou. The only bail out is long.

It can be played from another set of tees that are shorter and not over the hazzard.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I can't say that I truly have a home course. I don't officially belong to one and have a rotation of 3-4 courses I play the majority of my rounds at.

R1 TP w/Fujikura Speeder57 Evolution Stiff
Speedline Super S 3W 15* w/Matrix HD Radix S 60 Stiff
Idea Tech V4 3-hybrid Stiff
Blue Irons 5-PW TrueTemper Dynalite 85 Stiff
CG15 52* & 588 RTX 56* Wedges
Cure RXi

I can't say that I truly have a home course. I don't officially belong to one and have a rotation of 3-4 courses I play the majority of my rounds at.

Until this year, it was the same for me.  I actually was a member at a 9-hole course that was cheap and good for practice, but played at most all the other courses in my area.  I missed that this year.  I joined a club, and the price is such that it doesn't make sense to play other courses.  Now, I only play other courses when I travel.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Until this year, it was the same for me. I actually was a member at a 9-hole course that was cheap and good for practice, but played at most all the other courses in my area. I missed that this year. I joined a club, and the price is such that it doesn't make sense to play other courses. Now, I only play other courses when I travel.

I plan on joining a local course that's between work and home this year. I'll update my post if/when I do.

R1 TP w/Fujikura Speeder57 Evolution Stiff
Speedline Super S 3W 15* w/Matrix HD Radix S 60 Stiff
Idea Tech V4 3-hybrid Stiff
Blue Irons 5-PW TrueTemper Dynalite 85 Stiff
CG15 52* & 588 RTX 56* Wedges
Cure RXi

Since about 1992, I've been a member of Stoneleigh Golf Club in Round Hill, VA.  We actually joined before the course opened.  It was pretty rugged at first, but conditions have been consistently improving.  The course was designed by a woman, Lisa Maki, and winds up and down through old orchards and pastures, and retains a lot of the original dry stone walls as integral parts of the course.  We have a good group of members, regular club tournaments, a nice small tavern, and good staff.  Another benefit is the opportunity to play interclub golf competitions.  The local handicap league includes 20 private clubs, including Washington Golf and CC, Army-Navy, and Trump Washington DC.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

attachicon.gif1227161530a.jpg

Here's our signature hole. This one plays from 170 to 220 over the corner of the Bayou. The only bail out is long.

It can be played from another set of tees that are shorter and not over the hazzard.

I swear that looks exactly like the tee shot at Montauk Downs #6.

It's a par 3 though. After a year and a half I've learned to ignore the front 2/3 of the green and pick the club that puts me in that back 1/3. 9 is like that also except it's the front 1/3 unless I'm inside 150. That green is huge though. 9 and 18 are both 50 yards front to back.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My home course currently is Mesa Del Sol, although I may go back to Las Barrancas in Yuma. Both are pretty much slightly better than goat tracks. However, both at least have puttable greens.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I play a lot of Golf in New Haven, IN. Whispering Creek, I don't belong to one specific club, thought about it numerous times. There's also a city course in Ft Wayne, Foster Park, that I play during the week when I'm off work and no one can join. Good course to walk

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I play a lot of Golf in New Haven, IN. Whispering Creek, I don't belong to one specific club, thought about it numerous times. There's also a city course in Ft Wayne, Foster Park, that I play during the week when I'm off work and no one can join. Good course to walk

Whipering Creek must be new. I don't recall it from when I lived in the area. I've played Foster Park a number of times.

When I was going to Seminary Riverbend had a discount for us and it along with Brookwood was free for pastors on Mondays. Funny how I often seemed to have a Monday hospital visit back then. (my first Church was in Wolcottville and I went to CTS in the Fort for Sem)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived