Home Golf Course?

ole gray

Thank you! The beauty is the sugar that helps me take the medicine that the layout delivers to my score!

Yea I bet playing a course like yours helps prepare you for a good traveling handicap huh?

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
TaylorMade
Spider X Hydro Blast Single Bend Putter

Square Strike Wedge aka pocket picker 

Colonial Springs. Three very challenging nines, great practice facilities and terrific staff. Very happy there.

http://www.colonialspringsgolf.com/course/

That is a great track. Was on my list but once my wife saw the Beach club at a inwood she was sold. She gets to hit the beach while I play 36 on Saturday and Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

WITB

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* GD AD DI 7x

:callaway-small: X2Hot 3 Deep GD AD GT 8x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* UST Elements Wind 9f5

:callaway-small: Apex 19 21* Nippon GOST X

PXG 0311 5 -PW KBS $Taper 130

PXG Sugar Daddy 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG TI S400

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

Flyover of my home club. Forgot this was on the web until SWMBO reminded me.

https://youtu.be/5AzSMyr0n3Y

• Like 2

WITB

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

Flyover of my home club. Forgot this was on the web until SWMBO reminded me.

That was the coolest frigging flyover I have ever seen!  I felt like I was riding in a helicopter over your course checking out the scenery and you could actually see cars riding by. Awesome!

Was that a drone doing the flyover?

I know you LOVE that course!

TaylorMade

Yea I bet playing a course like yours helps prepare you for a good traveling handicap huh?

Oh, it does. I mean the individual course HCs probably translate pretty well, but if I'm on an easier course, I definitely score better.

I'll be down in FL next month to play World Woods a few times as well as TPC Tampa so I'll see how those beauties kick my fanny as compared to what I get at home. I will have to give myself some course rust credit, not having played a round in three weeks.

• Like 1

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

That was the coolest frigging flyover I have ever seen! I felt like I was riding in a helicopter over your course checking out the scenery and you could actually see cars riding by. Awesome!

Was that a drone doing the flyover?

I know you LOVE that course!

They did the flyover with a drone and t came out great. I love the golf course because they left it alone with all its quirks. Has the only three par 5s on the course in a row followed by two par 3s, plays to a par 71 with a 37-34 split and has the original greens from 1901. The wind dictates how you play the course and for me that is a lot of fun. Not to mention walking a track that Bobby Jones has won a major on is cool in its own right. Ten years ago when Tom Doak was hired he did not do a redesign but rather opted to restore the course to its original layout.

• Like 2

WITB

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

That is a great track. Was on my list but once my wife saw the Beach club at a inwood she was sold. She gets to hit the beach while I play 36 on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks. My wife doesn't mind me having the golf basically to myself. On the other hand I did get my youngest daughter out a couple of times and it looks like she is open to participating more, so if I'm really lucky, I will be able to share the game with her.

• Like 2

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Oh, it does. I mean the individual course HCs probably translate pretty well, but if I'm on an easier course, I definitely score better.

I'll be down in FL next month to play World Woods a few times as well as TPC Tampa so I'll see how those beauties kick my fanny as compared to what I get at home. I will have to give myself some course rust credit, not having played a round in three weeks.

Looking forward to your take on the World Woods course.  A few of us are considering making it a spring fling.

TaylorMade

You are welcome any time Ole gray.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Looking forward to your take on the World Woods course.  A few of us are considering making it a spring fling.

• Like 1

TaylorMade

They did the flyover with a drone and t came out great. I love the golf course because they left it alone with all its quirks. Has the only three par 5s on the course in a row followed by two par 3s, plays to a par 71 with a 37-34 split and has the original greens from 1901. The wind dictates how you play the course and for me that is a lot of fun. Not to mention walking a track that Bobby Jones has won a major on is cool in its own right. Ten years ago when Tom Doak was hired he did not do a redesign but rather opted to restore the course to its original layout.

Yea no shat!   Hallowed grounds for sure.

TaylorMade

Yea no shat! Hallowed grounds for sure.

This plaque is on 18. Jones hit 2 iron and these days it is a smooth 6 or hard 7 from there.

• Like 2

WITB

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

Loved the fly over. The world Wwods tracks aren't too bad LI Rich. TPC is another matter particularly from the tips if that's where you play from.

7 or 8 under was all the Champio tour guys could muster there and that's with the tees up a bit to accomodate the AMs.

If you are interested in coming over to try Bayou let me know. I won't play the tips but you are welcome to give them a try. I gave that stuff up at 55 although I have played them a few times for kicks.

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Flyover of my home club. Forgot this was on the web until SWMBO reminded me. https://youtu.be/5AzSMyr0n3Y

Wow, what a layout. The wind must be fierce some days! I can see why you like it so much - great location, inviting, but lots of trouble and the wind as a wild card making each round different.

• Like 1

Loved the fly over. The world Wwods tracks aren't too bad LI Rich. TPC is another matter particularly from the tips if that's where you play from.

7 or 8 under was all the Champio tour guys could muster there and that's with the tees up a bit to accomodate the AMs.

If you are interested in coming over to try Bayou let me know. I won't play the tips but you are welcome to give them a try. I gave that stuff up at 55 although I have played them a few times for kicks.

Thanks for the invite, but as we're traveling as a foursome, it may not work out this time. I will take a rain check as I'm sure I would love to get a round in with you. For that matter, if you're up to NY/Long Island, I think the local MGSers and I would love to host a few rounds on the course and afterward.

I don't have the game for the tips frankly. I can hit lots of great shots, but somehow haven't figured out how to be a good golfer if you take my meaning. I think the problem is mostly an equipment issue: between the ears.

• Like 1

My home course is Indian Wells in Garden City SC it is right around the corner from my house about a mile or less on the road. I do not have any pics. My second home course is Founder's Club at Pawley's Island SC. Fozzy has told me he has played Indian Wells before. I am lucky I have 6 courses within a 5 mile radius of my house actually 7 if you count the executive course up the street too

• Like 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

played there in 2015 what s golf course greens were tremendous

I will be sure to post my impressions. I don't want to promise a review - I'm not much of a pictures/video guy, more of a live it, take it all in, remember it guy.

I am really looking forward to it. It's been a very busy quarter and I can use the break.

Thanks for the thread Ole Gray!

• Like 1

played there in 2015 what s golf course greens were tremendous

I will be sure to post my impressions. I don't want to promise a review - I'm not much of a pictures/video guy, more of a live it, take it all in, remember it guy.

I am really looking forward to it. It's been a very busy quarter and I can use the break.

Thanks for the thread Ole Gray!