hckymeyer

Who's going to win Major's in 2017?

It's only 97 days until The Masters.  Tiger's back in town, Matsuyama is on one of the hottest streaks in golf, DJ is playing great, Spieth want's redemption, J Day wants to keep #1, Rory might have new clubs.  

So let's hear it, pick your 4 players that are going to win major's this year.

I'm going Matsuyama, DJ, Rory and Tiger.  Not sure what order yet, and I know Tiger is a long shot but I really think he can do it.

• Like 2

My picks are:

Masters: Dustin Johnson

Open Championship: Phil Mickleson

US Open: Matsuyama

PGA Championship: Rory McElroy

• Like 2

I think Hideki is on a nice upward trajectory right now but it's always hard to tell coming off the holiday break.  I could very easily see Rory making a huge run through the Majors in 2017.  He'll have new equipment in the bag and he seems to have the fire back in his eye following the Ryder Cup and the FedEx Cup win.

Aside from Rory I like DJ again in 2017 as a contender in every major.

Masters:  Matsuyama

USOpen: Mickelson

Open:  Sergio

PGA: Patrick Reed

I dunno...just guessin

• Like 1

I like Rory at Augusta, Matsuyama at the US Open and Reed at the PGA. For the Open Championship, I'm going with the unlikely duo of Ernie Els or Padraig Harrington with the outta nowhere shocker...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This is a tough one........Rory, DJ, Koepka and then I'm going Fowler for my 4th with Spieth the guy I hate not to choose and Tiger the one I want to win but probably won't

Let's add a little twist to this. Pick your 4 guys like we've been doing. Then add a 5th as a flyer but you have to call which major.

I'm going Westy at The Open for my absolute flyer

• Like 1

Masters: Hidecki 

US Open:  DJ

Open:  Sergio

PGA:  Henrik

Rory will contend and could likely win any of the four, but I like the other picks better.  

Masters: Spieth

US Open:  Fowler

Open:  Day

PGA:  Matsuyama

It was a tough choice; DJ could win another U.S. Open, but I'm going with Fowler.

In no particular order or major.....

• Rory McIlroy
  • Hideki Matsuyama
  • Jordan Spieth
  • Dustin Johnson

I can see Rory breaking through at Augusta given how strong he finished 2016.  He is coming into 2017 with a ton of momentum and I think he is finally in a good place in his personal life, albeit a lot of his past issues have been self-imposed.  I think Jason Day is going to fade a bit and Spieth will get some of his moxie back. DJ is just an absolute monster when he is fully engaged.  The PGA will favor length at Quail Hollow, especially after the recent changes in preparation of hosting a major.  Erin Hills will be a lot of fun to watch.  The USGA should continue to receive pushback for the lack of lushness.  Third time in four years the US Open will be on a brown golf course.  Better get used to it.  Water isn't a renewable resource and the USGA is leading the way in changing the perception that brown isn't beautiful. 

A couple of dark horses for me would be Brooks Koepka and Patrick Reed.  Under the right circumstances, I think they could win one.

• Like 1

While I'm not sure who will win what, I must say that I would love to see Phil win the US Open-not optimistic, but would still love to see him get the career grand slam.   Especially after he blew the lead one year on the last hole and admitted publicly--I am so stupid.   I also think that one of the majors will be won by a relative unknown making them an additional recognized figure-much like Danny Willet at last year's Masters. 

Sorry deleted duplicate posting-another senior moment that are coming at an increasing pace. 

Is it possible for Sergio Garcia to win his first Major? I believe not because it is time, but because he still has the talent to pull a win out of the hat.

Paul Casey is another to look out for.

Last 2 would be Hideki and then Rory..

Not a single American but if oe should win , Jordan Spieth can return to major glory.

So much talent in the world now so anyone in the top 20 in the world can come through for a major win.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm going with :

Gay Brewer - Masters

Jack Nicklaus - US Open

Roberto de Vincenzo - Open

Don January - PGA

• Like 2

I'm going with :

Gay Brewer - Masters

Jack Nicklaus - US Open

Roberto de Vincenzo - Open

Don January - PGA

Hmmmmm those old boys are on the Depends Tour now days huh?