Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - Sentio Sierra 101 Putters

hckymeyer

Really enjoyed your Stage One Joey.. good content and some awesome pics.  I will say the MGS reviewers of all products have generally done an outstanding job of the pics. Some really high quality shots that really show off the product.   Nicely done!

Thanks, mate. I clean mine up a bit in "post-production". My photography is dubious at best.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sentio-header.jpg?w=680

For my second foray into the realm of club reviews, My Golf Spy and Sentio Putters were kind enough to allow me to test out the Sierra 101 S model, "S" being for the soft variety as decided using Sentio's very own Feel Selector option on their web site. If you would like to hear about a more complete overview of my golf game, you can look through my review of the Cobra F6 irons early this year. That aside, I would like to focus more on the art and concept of putting for this first installment. Prior to receiving the new flat-stick, I did a bit of homework on the company, which I've tucked away in the Putter Forum for those that are interested or wanting a bit of background on Jim and his company.

sentio13.jpg

I had received an email from Jim Varney, Sentio President, letting me know that my putter was in the final stages of construction. A nice personal touch, in my opinion, and I was provided tracking info as soon as the package entered the postal system. The packaging was high quality with custom cut foam, plastic wrapped grip, and a letter from Jim himself. The level of investment on his part is evident in both the effort and the quality of the product.

sentio12.jpg

The first thing that really caught my attention out of the box was the weight and balance of the putter. You know when you first pick a putter off the rack and it has a certain vibe to it before you set it to address? These were good vibes fresh out of the wrapping, like a finely made sword that feels different from those you've wielded previously. At a head weight of 350g, I didn't expect such a noticeable difference from my current gamer, an Odyssey Metal-X #5CS weighing in at 343g with a mid-mallet design. The address and practice swing felt effortless. Again, good vibes out of the box, which is inspiring.

sentio11.jpg

Going from a mid-mallet to a blade isn't a big transition for me as I previously used a YES! Tracey III Plus for about two years. Following a three-day golf trip earlier in the spring, which produced some atrocious putting results on my behalf, I switched my grip to the left-hand-low method and started using the ol' #5CS in the process. Having become comfortable with the new grip, the switch back to a blade-style putter was inevitable. The Sierra felt as if I had used it before, which again inspires a sort of confidence you usually have to build up with a new putter.

sentio4.jpg

The Dynamic Response technology, Sentio's patented construction where the face is completely isolated from the rest of the putter by a dampening polymer core, is every bit as responsive as you would want from the face. The sound off the face is very clean and the ball comes off smooth. I also like that if you're using a brightly colored ball, you can see it through the colored polymer when holding the club over the ball during address. That's a beneficial feature for me as my pre-shot routine includes a practice swing over the top of ball in an effort to align the face to my selected putting line.

sentio5.jpg

Another beneficial feature is the space that houses the sight-line is roughly the width of the ball, which I like to use as an alignment aid.

sentio1.jpg

As you can see, the MIM & CNC milled 304 stainless steel face and orged & CNC milled 303 stainless steel body blend nicely as a whole. The Satin Silver PVD finish doesn't seem to be terribly reflective either, which was a problem I had with my previous YES! brand blade.

sentio2.jpg

The head features 2 degrees face loft, a full offset plumber hosel, a 72 degrees lie angle, and 4:00 toe hang which is very comfortable even though my stroke is predominately straight-back-straight-through.

sentio3.jpg

The stock grip is a PURE mid-size grip, which is a bit larger than the Golf Pride Players Wrap I've been using. I like the feel though, and the custom Sentio marking really stands out as they match the grip color to the firmness level. Its the little things, after all.

sentio8.jpg?w=311&h=355&crop=1sentio6.jpg?w=181&h=355&crop=1

The included headcover is embroidered and features a soft interior with what feels like a waterproof exterior. If I had to pick out one complaint, it would be the velcro enclosure. I was hoping for magnetic, simply to ensure longevity.

sentio9.jpg?w=280&h=286&crop=1sentio10.jpg?w=212&h=286&crop=1

I haven't had a chance to take this beauty outside yet, what with the weather and the holidays, but rest assured it will be covered in the next couple stages. Thanks again to My Golf, Spy, Sentio Putters, and the forum community for this opportunity. Stay tuned for more and please ask any questions below.

Nice job Joey E!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hey Joey, nice start on your second review!  I know you will kill it!

We will have to put the putters to a test next Summer when I visit my Sister in Lex....your Sentio versus my Evnroll.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey Joey, nice start on your second review!  I know you will kill it!

We will have to put the putters to a test next Summer when I visit my Sister in Lex....your Sentio versus my Evnroll.

Duckers Lake, my friend. Book it.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I enjoyed the heck out of reading all the stage one threads.  Mighty good stuff guys and I love the pics!   Those are really some sharp looking putters and if they perform on par with the looks part, they will be in show nuff demand.  Thanks for setting us up for the journey..

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Enjoyed the Stage Ones, DJ and X!!

DJ. I know I've said this before. But we gotta get you up to Compass Pointe for a round. We can take our very near identical bags out. LOL

I'm glad the EVNRoll reviews helped in your decision on the ER5. Even more glad to hear, it's paying off for you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

DJ. I know I've said this before. But we gotta get you up to Compass Pointe for a round. We can take our very near identical bags out. LOL

I'm glad the EVNRoll reviews helped in your decision on the ER5. Even more glad to hear, it's paying off for you.

Thanks homie. First time I've ever formally reviewed anything other than a scathing yelp on the service dept that ruined my Tahoe a year ago... which was more of a means to an end.

Looking forward to getting stage 2 up. This is a sweet stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

Let me know! Look forward to it!

Good stuff. I feel like a kid Christmas morning watching the toys being opened, not my toys but my brothers. What I love about these tests is that you have 6 guys going through 4 stages. Of the 6 testers one will be close to your handicap or ability so you can get a virtual feel for the product through his hands.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

Good stuff. I feel like a kid Christmas morning watching the toys being opened, not my toys but my brothers. What I love about these tests is that you have 6 guys going through 4 stages. Of the 6 testers one will be close to your handicap or ability so you can get a virtual feel for the product through his hands.

Bingo!  Yea these tests are more fun to follow than a coon pup on his first treeing. :D 

Cleveland

Let me know! Look forward to it!

Well I'm here everyday..HA   So whenever it looks like the weather and your schedule work out for you let me know, I'm always looking for an excuse to get away from my desk and get out on the course!!

Really like how the face looks but I'm still undecided on the top line. I could see it being helpful but wonder if it'd be distracting. Regardless, these are sharp looking putters.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Really like how the face looks but I'm still undecided on the top line. I could see it being helpful but wonder if it'd be distracting. Regardless, these are sharp looking putters.

A little bit of a spoiler here but I did a lot of testing on a large green between the Sentio and two more traditional putters yesterday and what I found was that I actually preferred that top line to the traditional look. Everyone is different but I really like that insert line.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

A little bit of a spoiler here but I did a lot of testing on a large green between the Sentio and two more traditional putters yesterday and what I found was that I actually preferred that top line to the traditional look. Everyone is different but I really like that insert line.

I don't even notice the insert line at address. The color definitely doesn't show up and distract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

I don't even notice the insert line at address. The color definitely doesn't show up and distract.

Agreed on the color. The line looks black and really helps me line up the putter.

Hi guys, lil bump.

Stage 1 up.

Thank you My Golf Spy and Sentio Golf for the chance to review their product.

Tazz

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/17924-OFFICIAL-FORUM-MEMBER-REVIEW---Sentio-Sierra-101-Putters&do=findComment&comment=244074

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Sentio Golf is now on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/sentiogolf/

Twitter

@SentioGolf

https://twitter.com/SentioGolf?s=09

Give a follow and show some love.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

Sentio Golf is now on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/sentiogolf/

Twitter

@SentioGolf

https://twitter.com/SentioGolf?s=09

Give a follow and show some love.

Tazz

Done deal buddy ;) 

Cleveland

Awesome reviews so far guys, enjoyed seeing all those boxes being opened with Christmas and all. Putter looks great!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Duckers Lake, my friend. Book it.

Sounds like a plan, Joey. I really like Duckers Lake.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Bit of a stage 2 spoiler here, but I'll just say my Odyssey and Ping putters may have been sold on eBay yesterday. :) #newkidontheblock #Sentio #addictivefeel

Stage 2 up

Nicely done!

Direct link to djahubes stage 2 HERE

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

SENTIO SIERRA 101 – MEDIUM STAGE 2 REVIEW

dja you did an outstanding job.   Two things you said actually pertains to my game as well.   I struggle with long distance putts so I would be concerned with distance control.

You also hit the nail on the head for me with this, "True mallet loving golfers may not gravitate towards this particular model, but if/when they expand their offerings, they are worth looking into".

I'm into mallet model type putters and I like the counter balanced factor too.  Hopefully Sierra will take note and plan for a mallet model down the road.   ;) 

Cleveland

Stage 2 up

That was a very thorough and well written review DJ!! Thanks for all the time and effort put into it.

dja you did an outstanding job. Two things you said actually pertains to my game as well. I struggle with long distance putts so I would be concerned with distance control.

You also hit the nail on the head for me with this, "True mallet loving golfers may not gravitate towards this particular model, but if/when they expand their offerings, they are worth looking into".

I'm into mallet model type putters and I like the counter balanced factor too. Hopefully Sierra will take note and plan for a mallet model down the road. ;)

I agree with ole gray regarding mallet putters of which I am one.

Every time I test a blade putter it does not have the weight and look I like. This would be a great survey question perhaps someone could conduct. Which putter type do you use or like? Perhaps that info would be read by the manufacturers out there.

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

I read an interview with the president of Sentio, Jim Varney, where he was asked about the possibility of mallets in the future. He stated that they wanted to focus on the face insert tech for the first iteration and only chose one style, but that they plan on using this same tech on mallets in a future release.

I think with a small company like this, starting out, they have to be careful about how much they push to the market before their name grows.

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Stage 2 signed, sealed, and delivered. Cheers.

Archived