TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - Sentio Sierra 101 Putters

hckymeyer

Stage 2 is up. Spoiler: I might like it.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading thru our reviews. Looking like a few odysseys might start collecting dust!

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Reading thru our reviews. Looking like a few odysseys might start collecting dust!

Tazz

Ya'll got some folks lusting over Sentio Sierra putters like a starving hog in a corn bin.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

It definitely sent my odyssey out to pasture.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My Stage 2 up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

Stage 2 is up. Spoiler: I might like it.

For real man, these are incredible putters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

It definitely sent my odyssey out to pasture.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sentio in Latin means feel, and I feel the same as you lol

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

Hi guys, 

Just posted my stage 3 Q and A.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17924-official-forum-member-review-sentio-sierra-101-putters/?p=244076

Looking forward to hearing and answering any questions you have about the Sentio putter.

Thank you MGS and Sentio Golf for giving me the chance to test out this putter.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

I sent an email yesterday to the Sentio president Jim Varney thanking him again for trusting MGS members to review his product and letting him know how much I love the putter and hope his company succeeds. He responded back shortly with a heartfelt email thanking me and talking about how they believe their putters will succeed because they have created a great product. He's also in the middle of the PGA merchandise show so I was extremely impressed that he took the time to respond so quickly. Great company!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I sent an email yesterday to the Sentio president Jim Varney thanking him again for trusting MGS members to review his product and letting him know how much I love the putter and hope his company succeeds. He responded back shortly with a heartfelt email thanking me and talking about how they believe their putters will succeed because they have created a great product. He's also in the middle of the PGA merchandise show so I was extremely impressed that he took the time to respond so quickly. Great company!

I want you to know I stopped by the booth today. I told Jim I was a MGS Forum member and heard about his putters through the forum testing.

His eyes lit up with excitement. He then not only told me about your email, he got his phone out and let me read it. He said it made his day. He was so proud and more than that pleased that you loved it so much.

He is a tremendous and down to earth guy. He spent about 15 or 20 minutes with me. Giving me the whole rundown.

I rolled all three putters as well and really liked the firm feel.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I want you to know I stopped by the booth today. I told Jim I was a MGS Forum member and heard about his putters through the forum testing.

His eyes lit up with excitement. He then not only told me about your email, he got his phone out and let me read it. He said it made his day. He was so proud and more than that pleased that you loved it so much.

He is a tremendous and down to earth guy. He spent about 15 or 20 minutes with me. Giving me the whole rundown.

I rolled all three putters as well and really liked the firm feel.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That is awesome.

I tell ya, something special is gonna happen with Sentio Golf and I'm so happy to have been able to test and review them.

I spread the love when I get a chance on social media. Keeping their name active is the least I can do I think.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Looking to keep this thread in the forefront. Anything more from the PGA show from Sentio. I've delayed my stage 3 b/c weather sucks and haven't played. Will get it up sometime relatively soon, like spring!!

Reached out to them, hope to have the low down real soon.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

28 putts today with the Sentio made for a solid round. I love this putter!

Seems like these putters have been a hit with the reviewers and from what I've read and seen of them, they are certainly intriguing to me.  A look at the website shows there aren't any locations near me where I can give these a try, but we'll see if that changes as the company grows.  Thanks for all the input in the reviews.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

My stage 3 is up. After my last couple of rounds with it, I have no doubt about my long term impressions. I'm really glad I put me name into the hat to test it. Thank you to MGS for choosing me!

First off, I am blown away by the quality and detail of everyone's reviews – you guys write a more compelling and thorough article than many of the so-called professionals! All I had really hoped for was that you would give us a fair chance, and you did so much more.  So, thank you.

I'm also just a teensy bit stoked that you like them so much… I'm like a proud papa right now.

As he mentioned above, Tazz reached out to me and asked me to give everyone an update on the PGA Show, which I'm glad he did since my head has been spinning for the last week.

While some may feel that the PGA Show overall was “sad” and in decline, I can say that for us in particular it was certainly not. We had a fantastic show in fact. We came away with contacts and/or orders from dozens of pro shops, fitters and stores across the country as well as a ton of interest from South Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, UK, Sweden, etc. Starting this month, Sentio will be available in Japan and Singapore, with many other international markets to follow. Stay tuned – we will have a lot more on these soon.

Throughout the 3 days of the show we hosted several in-booth events, which were a lot of fun and informative for everyone (including me). We had a club-fitting Q&A with Flynt Lincoln, a master putter fitter previously with Edel, and we also did multiple free putting clinics with Eric Kaplan of AxysGolf.com.  Eric is the putting coach/consultant for Bernhard Langer, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Adam Scott, and many other A-list PGA and LPGA pros. Eric met us last year at the PGA Show and loves our putters. His knowledge of physiology and biometrics is unparalleled among coaches and his technique is legit. We will be doing more events with him throughout the year.  BTW he's going to be on the Golf Channel this week to discuss his putting methodology and he's going to have a Sentio in his hand…

We are also working on new head shapes and designs, and we had a machined model of a mallet design in the booth.  This is still very much under development but we're targeting a mid-year release.

That's all for now. I'll upload some pictures soon - can't seem to add images easily to this message.  Any pointers from you veterans?

That's great Jim!

I find it easy to upload thru the MGS app or use a 3rd party hosting sites (like photobucket) and link pictures from it.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

great seeing Sentio on the forums......I didn't test your product, but I think in general, you'll find that everyone here takes the testing very seriously.....and gives their fair and unbiased review of all products

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

First off, I am blown away by the quality and detail of everyone's reviews – you guys write a more compelling and thorough article than many of the so-called professionals! All I had really hoped for was that you would give us a fair chance, and you did so much more. So, thank you.

I'm also just a teensy bit stoked that you like them so much… I'm like a proud papa right now.

As he mentioned above, Tazz reached out to me and asked me to give everyone an update on the PGA Show, which I'm glad he did since my head has been spinning for the last week.

While some may feel that the PGA Show overall was “sad” and in decline, I can say that for us in particular it was certainly not. We had a fantastic show in fact. We came away with contacts and/or orders from dozens of pro shops, fitters and stores across the country as well as a ton of interest from South Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, UK, Sweden, etc. Starting this month, Sentio will be available in Japan and Singapore, with many other international markets to follow. Stay tuned – we will have a lot more on these soon.

Throughout the 3 days of the show we hosted several in-booth events, which were a lot of fun and informative for everyone (including me). We had a club-fitting Q&A with Flynt Lincoln, a master putter fitter previously with Edel, and we also did multiple free putting clinics with Eric Kaplan of AxysGolf.com. Eric is the putting coach/consultant for Bernhard Langer, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Adam Scott, and many other A-list PGA and LPGA pros. Eric met us last year at the PGA Show and loves our putters. His knowledge of physiology and biometrics is unparalleled among coaches and his technique is legit. We will be doing more events with him throughout the year. BTW he's going to be on the Golf Channel this week to discuss his putting methodology and he's going to have a Sentio in his hand…

We are also working on new head shapes and designs, and we had a machined model of a mallet design in the booth. This is still very much under development but we're targeting a mid-year release.

That's all for now. I'll upload some pictures soon - can't seem to add images easily to this message. Any pointers from you veterans?

Jim, great product. Can't wait to see the mallet setup!!

My Stage 3 is up. Shout out to Jim for jumping in the thread and taking part in the discussion. 

Jim: Where are the Sentio accessories? I need to buy a hat or something for the summer!

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

My Stage 3 is up. Shout out to Jim for jumping in the thread and taking part in the discussion. 

Jim: Where are the Sentio accessories? I need to buy a hat or something for the summer!

I do have hats!  I'll put them on the website soon. I know Tazz is waiting for a visor, so I'll have to get to work on that...

That mallet shape looks like something that I would enjoy.  Keep up the great work!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Very excited to say I ordered a Sentio 101-M (red) yesterday! Ordered it based on the reviews here, and Jim was great through email. Answered all of my questions, and reinforced my confidence in the product. Can't wait to give it a roll.

Driver: Searching
Wood: Cobra Fly-Z 3 wood factory stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid factory stiff shaft
Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW
Wedges: 52,56,60 Mizuno mp t5
Putter: Sentio Red (Medium)
Ball: Bridgestone E6 Speed, and Titleist Pro V1

Very excited to say I ordered a Sentio 101-M (red) yesterday! Ordered it based on the reviews here, and Jim was great through email. Answered all of my questions, and reinforced my confidence in the product. Can't wait to give it a roll.

You will not be disappointed. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Hey gents, here are some images from the PGA show:

IMG_1874_zpsjlxgbiky.jpg

IMG_1869_zpstynytosl.jpg

IMG_1865_zpse3mtt64p.jpg

IMG_1853_zpsoymiljp9.jpg

Jim,

The mallet design.

Will it have an alignment aid on top that'll match the color of the polymer?

Be a thin line or thick line?

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Jim,

The mallet design.

Will it have an alignment aid on top that'll match the color of the polymer?

Be a thin line or thick line?

Tazz

Tazz:

We will use the same floating face perpendicular alignment aid in the mallet that we have in the blade.  The only difference is that we probably won't have the little jog in the line around the hosel - the mallet will have a bent shaft attachment so the line will be straight.

-Jim.

Archived