Push Cart Recommendations

Tom54

I'm in the market for a new push cart. I'm using the Sun Mountain V1 speed cart and let's say it's lived down to its bottom of the rankings spot in the 2015 Most Wanted Push Carts. Does anyone have a push cart they think highly of? That's durable and doesn't take up too much space folded up in the car? And also works well in uneven terrain and sandy/dirt areas?

Thanks!

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

Sounds like you already found the Most Wanted testing, that's a great place to start.

I'd also read through the Big Max Autofold forum member reviews.  One of the guys was using your same cart before he got the Big Max for review.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/16994-official-forum-member-review-big-max-autofold-ff/

Personally I have a Clickgear and it works fine.  I only walk one round a year (before they let carts out) so it's only been used a handful of times.  I have no complaints about it though.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I did a quick hitter review on the BagBoy Quad XL.....another member bought one on my recommendation and added some more thoughts...read here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17843-quick-unofficial-review-bagboy-quad-xl-push-cart/

• Like 1

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Fairway: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 5w

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :mizuno-small:M Craft Type V

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

I have a Clicgear 3.0 and my daughter has a 3.5.  I can't say enough good things about mine.  After suffering through a portion of a season with another brand that ultimately collapsed on the 16th hole of my home course, I bought the Clicgear in 2011 and haven't looked back.  

I walk 18 holes approximately 3 times per week from March through early November.

Been using the Big Maxx Blade for the past two seasons - awesome cart, folds up flat for easy storage, VERY easy to fold up and comes with a carrying bag so you don't get grass and crap in your trunk.  

Can bet had a relative bargain these days, too...

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSi3  
FW Wood: PXG Gen4 2-wood
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*
Irons:; PXG 0211; :Hogan: Pro Combo; :benhogan-small:FTX Combo;:benhogan-small:'99 Apex Plus; :benhogan-small:'99 Apex blades; :macgregor-small: 2010 VIP irons; :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTZ ZipCore: :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60
Putter: :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: Buckingham; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X; :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV; :wilson-small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Love my Big Max AutoFold. Sold two other carts to use this exclusively. Should have some type of deal at bigmaxusa.com. Ask for Mike. He's your guy.

Driver: Epic Flash 9* with UST V2 5F4 shaft

Fairway Woods: EF 3W and Rogue Heavenwood

Hybrid: 2019 BB 4Hybrid

Irons: Tour B H1 Hybrid Forged Irons 6-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 54* -PM Grind 2.0 wedge, 58*

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta

I was lucky enough to be chosen to review the Big Max Auto Fold and it is badass, especially coming from an older Sun Mountain V1. In our review thread, there's some great insight from someone that's used other Big Max carts too.

If you're a regular walker, definitely worth investing a quality new one. With the PGA Show coming up, there may be some previous models getting closed out for great prices, or something new worth waiting for. Great time to be in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Thanks for the suggestions. The Big Max is intriguing. Of course, a Clicgear with a seat is fine option too. Will research!

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

Another vote for the Big Max.  I have a smaller run and it fits in very easily.  It's easy to fold/unfold and seems to float on the course.  A very solid pushcart that does everything I wanted in one very well.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Thanks for the suggestions. The Big Max is intriguing. Of course, a Clicgear with a seat is fine option too. Will research!

Love my seat. When it gets slow nothing better to sit & lean back against the bag. They Did put a lot of thought into it along with accessories foot brush is very handy. Loops for towels, storage and umbrella loop to store, beverage holder and cooler..the list goes on. Have never heard of complaints with it from anyone

I gave sold Bag Boy for about 15 years. Still the best you can buy. Every part us available for replacement and they last forever. The Quad has been our biggest seller for years. Folds down flat and is very light.

Irons: Callaway XR 4-Pw, Aw. Right hand. 1 degree upright. 3/4" over length. Project X 5.5 steel. Tour Velvet +1/32" oversized grips.

Driver: Callaway 2017 Fusion. Stiff 10.5. 45.5" length.

There's also one sold at Costco that's similar to the Clicgear that looks good too. A young couple at my course use them and they commented that they liked them. And by the way... you don't have to be a member of Costco to order one.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The Bag Boy Quad XL is intriguing.  I have the Sun Mountain MicroCart and while it's OK, I do have a few issues with it.  However, I have to have a cart that folds up so that I can get TWO of them and TWO cart bags in my trunk.  The SM does that.  If the BB Quad XL folds up to a similar size then I might consider a change.  The Clicgear and I think the Big Max would take up too much space, even by folding flat.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have a Clicgear 3.0 and my daughter has a 3.5.  I can't say enough good things about mine.  After suffering through a portion of a season with another brand that ultimately collapsed on the 16th hole of my home course, I bought the Clicgear in 2011 and haven't looked back.  

I walk 18 holes approximately 3 times per week from March through early November.

Space isn't a factor personally.  I should have added that with my previous post above.  

My club has dedicated storage in the cart barn for push carts.

There's also one sold at Costco that's similar to the Clicgear that looks good too. A young couple at my course use them and they commented that they liked them. And by the way... you don't have to be a member of Costco to order one.

The downside to the Costco cart is that the brake is operated using your foot. Within one round you will wish you paid the extra and had a hand operated brake.

Irons: Callaway XR 4-Pw, Aw. Right hand. 1 degree upright. 3/4" over length. Project X 5.5 steel. Tour Velvet +1/32" oversized grips.

• Like 1

• SPY VIP

I've used more than my share of carts over the years and the one currently in the garage in the Clicgear 3.5+

Durable, folds small, great accessories, and you can catch them at a discount if you look for the % off coupons at dicks and such. They even have a parts shop online if you should need a replacement/repair.

Hoping to see a 4.0 model in 2017.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

The downside to the Costco cart is that the brake is operated using your foot. Within one round you will wish you paid the extra and had a hand operated brake.

I have had both.  I agree that there is NO WAY I would ever get a push cart with a brake operated by my foot!  That is a deal breaker.  

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”