TESTERS WANTED! ×

MYGOLFSPY 2017 Fantasy Golf {Sponsored by: Bridgestone Golf}

JBones

And so we see the weakness of the Yahoo! sports platform again this week with rounds being finished the day after they started and not being allowed to make changes.  I don't mind so much between the first and second rounds, it's the second and third where it aggravates me when you have to guess whether guys will make the cut.  So far looks like only J.T. isn't making the cut on my team.

On another note, about a month ago I liked J.T. as a group B pick for the Masters.  The way he is playing lately I don't think I will be taking him anymore.

MGS 2017 Fantasy Golf Group 6

Team Name: High Handicapper

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was a dumpster fire...

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Well that was a dumpster fire...

Mine was self inflicted. I didn't change my lineup from the week before and all I had was Kuchar and Stenson since JT missed the cut.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

If it wasn't for Hadwin my week would've sucked!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

If it wasn't for Hadwin my week would've sucked!

I had Hadwin in my original lineup then swapped him out for someone else. Great move on my part  <_>

I'm still playing to finish out the season however I can only enter my players prior to the tournament start.   Once it starts for some reason,,,, I can not move my bench players that are playing good over to the other side.  :o(  I try to do it the night before the next round and still no luck.  :angry:

edit:   I researched Yahoo about moving players off the bench to active player side and this was the response:

To change your active foursome, click and drag the golfer from "My Foursome" to "My Bench" or vice versa.

Your active foursome can be changed up to 5 minutes before the start of each round.

edit #2 :    I went back and tried to drag one of my players off the bench to the active side and it worked however once the tournament starts, it appears to be locked down for the remainder of the four day run.....   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm still playing to finish out the season however I can only enter my players prior to the tournament start.   Once it starts for some reason,,,, I can not move my bench players that are playing good over to the other side.  :o(  I try to do it the night before the next round and still no luck.  :angry:

edit:   I researched Yahoo about moving players off the bench to active player side and this was the response:

To change your active foursome, click and drag the golfer from "My Foursome" to "My Bench" or vice versa.

Your active foursome can be changed up to 5 minutes before the start of each round.

edit #2 :    I went back and tried to drag one of my players off the bench to the active side and it worked however once the tournament starts, it appears to be locked down for the remainder of the four day run.....   

Are you trying to make the changes during the tournament on a computer or mobile device?  If you are on a mobile device, use the chrome browser and you will have check boxes that you check or uncheck to move them.  If you are on a computer and not using the chrome browser, try switching to chrome and see if it works.

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

Are you trying to make the changes during the tournament on a computer or mobile device?  If you are on a mobile device, use the chrome browser and you will have check boxes that you check or uncheck to move them.  If you are on a computer and not using the chrome browser, try switching to chrome and see if it works.

Hmmmmm   yea I use a laptop and my browser is Microsoft Edge.   I'll download the chrome browser and see if that helps.   Thanks for the advice!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Hmmmmm   yea I use a laptop and my browser is Microsoft Edge.   I'll download the chrome browser and see if that helps.   Thanks for the advice!

On a computer you will still need to swipe to move them but it works fine for me with Chrome.  Hope it helps!

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

Beware of Pop Up Blockers some can prevent you from moving players around ...

Rough week ... I also changed Adam Hadwin at the last minute ... picking can be frustrating

Its a long road to tip pe ra rie ... ok back to analysis paralysis, will it be Day ? or a newbie ... ?

DRIVER Nike Corvert [9.5°] R-Flex (Won in Fantasy Game)

Fairway Driver (No Name) Flex ? Better than a 3 wood anyday

Callaway RAZR X Iron 5 to PW R Flex

Callaway Hydrid X Hot 3 & 4

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Shoes Callaway RAZR Black

Ball Callaway Type (Relevant to weather)

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

After 10 weeks, I am starting to understand how the game works.   Not that I will do any better,  but I better understand the reason to swap players.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had Hadwin (Luckily) also had DeLaet and thankfully swapped him for Stenson on Sunday. I'm not sure if I should take Stenson this week or not. WD's two weeks ago and didn't exactly play good on the weekend at the Valspar, but he finished top 3 the last 2 years at the API. Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Forgot to change my line up for this week, luckily I ended up with guys making the cut and not doing to bad but will give up my challenge for the lead of group 4.

Just noticed there isn't anything for the Match play next week??

I'll be filling out brackets in all the other platforms, is my gollf spy doing anything for the Match play??

...season long fantasy golf is interesting.  It seems that after the first couple of weeks, unless something monumental happens you kind of stay in the same spot.  It's going to be hard to move up or down significantly since the teams above you are probably choosing similar players.  Maybe it will change as the season ends or if some of the leaders forget to set their lineup.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Later in the season there are more chances to move because of the "10" rule, only being able to use a player 10 times.   It gets to the later part of the season and some of the top players have been used up.....

Driver, Callaway Epic:

Fairway Wood, Callaway Epic Flash 

Hybrid, Callaway Apex

Irons, Callaway Apex Pro Irons 5 to UW S Flex:

Wedges, Callaway MD3, 54, 58. Callaway Forged 60

Putter, Odyssey O works, #1 Tank, counter balanced

Later in the season there are more chances to move because of the "10" rule, only being able to use a player 10 times.   It gets to the later part of the season and some of the top players have been used up.....

Shhhhhhhhh Bjorns Boys ................. that's what some of us are counting on ... the problem is top 10 guys do change throughout the year ... so its still a crap shoot to keep which guys that will be there for the Fed Ex on your roster ... it ain't easy :))

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

What with Yahoo not having the Puerto Rico open ? ... this is really where you can make up points cause you really need to know the players that may shine.... darnnnn now we have to wait for Shell Houston .. In'st Puerto Rico the 51 unofficial state in America ? or can Canada be it ? lol

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

My difficulties are getting on in time to switch players.  I seem to switch them the day after they have their low round.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

When will winners be posted? And what are the prizes for segments, etc? I looked through hours of posts with not much there. It would really be easier if they were simply posted on the Yahoo Fantasy page!

I will provide an update tomorrow. It would be a lot easier if Yahoo would allow more than 50 people in a group. Unfortunately, with 290 players, I have to manually extrapolate the data from each group and put it into a spreadsheet.

I Unfortunately, with 290 players, I have to manually extrapolate the data from each group and put it in a spreadsheet

And we appreciate you efforts!!!

I will provide an update tomorrow. It would be a lot easier if Yahoo would allow more than 50 people in a group. Unfortunately, with 290 players, I have to manually extrapolate the data from each group and put it into a spreadsheet.

We appreciate your work Bones!

I have written into the PGA tour suggesting they adopt the Yahoo! format as an option for running fantasy golf leagues.  Here's hoping they listen.  Given they have real time updates it would probably run better than Yahoo

I have written into the PGA tour suggesting they adopt the Yahoo! format as an option for running fantasy golf leagues.  Here's hoping they listen.  Given they have real time updates it would probably run better than Yahoo

They use to use Yahoo for their game at one time, and I must admit the Avis one is over complicated and personally find it to be the worst of all Fantasy Games I've played in 25 years of so ... if they went back to the salary format and position format ...that would be great .... tell you I really like the Buzz Fantasy League one ... its not run by a major corp just a great fantasy golf guy Marc who put it together years ago .. yes he charges a very small fee to set up Pools but I would be more than willing to support his site.  I don't know if Bones did review it or not and always wondered why we din't go to his site instead of yahoo ... buzz now offers live standings ...maybe we should review it next year

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

fantasy-golf-logo-2016-lg.jpg

Congrats to our Week 9, 10, and 11 winners............3puttpar, gmony72, Dawgs Duffers.

Please PM me your names and email addresses, then I'll get your prizes out.

Just a reminder, in case of a tie, the prize will go to the person who had the highest single round that week; if that number is also a tie, then my daughter does a blind draw out of a hat for the winner.

Fantasy Week 9_2017.jpg

Fantasy Week 10_2017.jpg

Fantasy Week 11_2017.jpg

Archived