JBones

MYGOLFSPY 2017 Fantasy Golf {Sponsored by: Bridgestone Golf}

The experts don't even pick anymore on yahoo. I have consistently destroyed them all season and even they have given up now..lol

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Uhhhmmm. Anyone else have a score that doesn't look right for the wgc Bridgestone ?IMG_4879.JPG

Uhhhmmm. Anyone else have a score that doesn't look right for the wgc Bridgestone ?attachicon.gifIMG_4879.JPG

same here ... no 4th round or bonus included in total... wtf yahoo???

Hey boys,

How does this all work here with thisYahoo fantasy league?  I'm in the Mygolfspy 5 and I won the Spring section yet I see in post above I didn't win. Here's a screen shot of Yahoo's page:

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.58.45 PM.png

I had one hell of a time posting this above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and now it finally worked and it looks like I blew up the page with the screen shot? 

Here's what I get from Yahoo Group 5: for each Segment:  ( Are all these wrong that I've been following this year?)

Winter:

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 6.51.34 PM.png

Spring:

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 6.51.50 PM.png

Summer:

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 6.52.03 PM.png

Hey boys,

How does this all work here with thisYahoo fantasy league?  I'm in the Mygolfspy 5 and I won the Spring section yet I see in post above I didn't win. Here's a screen shot of Yahoo's page:

While you may have won group 5,  the contest is all groups.   Winning group 5 was only good enough for 16th overall when all the groups were put together

While you may have won group 5,  the contest is all groups.   Winning group 5 was only good enough for 16th overall when all the groups were put together

OK. Gotcha. So much for thinking I was getting better at this ...lol

OK. Gotcha. So much for thinking I was getting better at this ...lol

At least you are on the right end of the list;  I am more toward the other end.

I got ya beat in the segment and season points, and I'm 10th place in my group. The first group is full of killers.

I got ya beat in the segment and season points, and I'm 10th place in my group. The first group is full of killers.

Yea Yea son! 2-5 in group 1 has been killer to stay around.

• Like 1

Won't be entering group one again that's for sure.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    deaner

• By Juaneco
      Hello,
      Has anyone tested the Bridgestone Tour B RX or RXS balls? I haven't found a topic on them.
      I recently found a Tour B RX ball and started chipping and putting with it. It was in perfect condition when I found it and after practicing with it, it was in much better condition than the Pro V1's that I also use for practice. I'm amazed with it's durability but I found the B RX to be a little hot off the face compared to the Pro V1 (softer vs firmer feel?). I played a round with it and compared it to my gamer (Srixon Q-star) and didn't see much difference but I also played like crap that day, so it's difficult to say. 
      What experience have you guys with it? Is it worth the buy?
      Thanks,
      JD
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      A special Limited Edition release by Bridgestone:
      As the golf world gears up for the PGA Championship and Tiger tries to make it two-in-a-row at the Majors, Bridgestone is launching a LE special "Tiger Chasing Majors" commemorative package for its TOUR B XS balls this weekend.  We expect it to be widely available beginning on Monday, but some Southeast locations will have it on shelves as early as this weekend.  Same price as typical TOUR B XS ($44.99 per dozen) - just another opportunity for Tiger fans to grab a cool commemorative pack.

• By Golfspy_CG2
      TESTERS ANNOUNCED!
      Reviewing the e12 Speed:
      M. Parsons Greg B135 ga_pike tchat07 DannyDips And reviewing the e12 Soft:
      thegolfgal Ronoc Low Country Golfer 00sportsman azstu324 Click here for the full announcement!

5 Each e12 Soft and e12 Speed

It's Forum Testing Season!!

We kicked it off last week with the Galway Rain Gear and we are moving right along with giving 10 testers the oppportunity to put the new Bridgestone e12 balls to the test.   
      As you may have read or heard previously the e12 is a new ball to Bridgestone, it takes the place at the family table previously held by the e6, meaning priced at $29.99 retail.  However, while it has the same price as the previous version of e6 there is a lot more that has gone into this ball.
      “With the benefit of 12 years of ball-fitting data, we have amassed an incredible body of data that has allowed our R&D engineers to pinpoint specifically what causes players to lose distance and accuracy in golf ball construction,” said Elliot Mellow, Golf Ball Marketing Manager, Bridgestone Golf.  “Contrary to the traditional school of thought in golf ball design, where power comes solely from the core, our new Active Acceleration Mantle actually allows us to derive additional power from the mantle layer to boost distance. We’ve created the ‘holy grail’ of distance performance golf balls - a 3-piece surlyn construction that minimizes sidespin to provide ultimate forgiveness, while delivering velocity needed to ensure maximum distance.”

So that sounds exciting, who doesn't want to  discover the Holy Grail.   So never one to keep such wonderful things under wraps.  We are going to provide 10 of our valued forum members a chance to try these out for themselves and report back their findings. 
      These balls will be hitting retail shelves sometime in early to mid March so the chosen testers will be among the very first consumers to put them through the paces.  Your job as testers will be to test these from off the tee all the way though holing out that putt for birdie.....hey the season is young, we're full of optimism here! 

HOW TO APPLY:

We take Member Testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, and we ask that you put some time, effort and thought into your reviews. You MUST apply in this thread only.
      Important Note: If you are selected for this ball testing, that will not remove you from consideration for any other testings that come up this year.  

Step 1: In this thread, tell us the following:
      - Your first name and home state-- US APPLICANTS ONLY

- Your current handicap

- Your current golf ball

- Are you looking for more ball speed or more of a soft feeling, only choose one. 

We'll be selecting 5 of you to test the e12 Soft and 5 to test the e12 Speed. 

Check back here next week, and we'll let you know who the lucky testers are.

Thanks for being a part of MyGolfSpy, and we promise you are going to love what we have in store for you this year.  This is only the beginning, and the next testing opportunity may come sooner than you would think.

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Kuchar's winning clubs at the Sony.  He still has some oldie but goodie Irons in there. 
      But love his choice of Driver😎

DRIVER: Bridgestone Tour B JGR (9.5 degrees), with Fujikura ATMOS Black Tour Spec 6S shaft
      FAIRWAY WOODS: Titleist TS2 (13.5 degrees) with Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757 X shaft
      HYBRIDS: Bridgestone Tour B XD-H (18 degrees), Ping Anser (20 degrees), with Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X shafts
      IRONS: Bridgestone J15 CB (5-PW), with True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 S300 shafts
      WEDGES: Bridgestone J40 Forged (52 degrees bent to 51), with Aerotech Steelfiber i110X shaft; Cleveland RTX-4 (58 bent to 57, 64 bent to 63 degrees) with KBS Tour 120 S shafts
      PUTTER: Bettinardi Kuchar Model 1 Arm Lock
      BALL: Bridgestone Tour B X
      GRIPS: Iomic X-Grip

• By GolfSpy STUDque
      The New Year has arrived and it's time to turn our attention to the PGA Tour!  Get ready for the:
      2019 MYGOLFSPY FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE
      The MGS community lends itself to large fantasy leagues which boost the drama to nail-biting hair-pulling levels (just ask @blackngold_blood).  This will be a great opportunity to connect with fellow posters and chat about the PGA Tour all summer long.   @Berg Ryman and I will be your humble commissioners.  The format will change from last year and we're working with Fantrax to see if they can add a new option for the season/playoffs.  If that doesn't pan out, we have a plan B that we'll roll out.  Both options will be geared to maximize drama during the season and in the playoffs.
      In the meantime, it's time to start gathering players. So, who's in??
      Platform: Fantrax Buy-In: Free Draft: January 30, 2019 9:00PM EST (can be changed by popular demand) Draft Format: TBD pending league size Format: Head 2 Head - Details TBD Scoring: See Below League Size: As big as we can get while remaining even 1st Tournament: AT&T Pebble Beach - February 7, 2019 Playoffs: During FedEx Playoffs Prize:  😉   
      For returning players, the 2018 league has been renewed and all of your profiles carried over.  There's no action required from you on the Fantrax side, but please confirm your interest in this thread.  Until your name below says confirmed, you're not in the league:
      BjornsBoys Cam’s Gotta Big Putt - Confirmed Carolina Golfer 2 - 😢 GolfJunkie302 - Confirmed Jahren01 putt masters - Confirmed Low Country Hacker - Confirmed MGoBlue100 - Confirmed mpatrickriley - Confirmed Mudfish - Confirmed Rhyming Bergs - Confirmed pineapple squad - Confirmed poprocksnbirdies - Confirmed Shankster - Confirmed Stud Muffins - Confirmed tom mc - 😢 Undershooter30 - Confirmed Newly Added:
      GolfSpy Stroker GB13 bardle 02uwmadgrad TSauer cnosil blackngold_blood Apolloshowl Russtopherb Jbmullin DannyDips GeekingGolf Asef HQ Intern Kyle GolfSpy Dave 00sportsman Alanpe HardcoreLooper If you're new and would like to join for the first time, drop a comment in this thread then shoot me or Berg a PM with your email address.  We'll get an invite headed your way.

For simplicity, the point values were reduced by the highest common divisible (5).  Anything that used to be worth 5 points, is now worth 1; anything that was 10, is now 2 and so on.  The scaling and weight is exactly the same as before.  The only new category is Par for 1/2 point to keep course setup from blasting our players. 

Scoring Summary:
      Albatrosses: 4 Birdies: 2 Bogies: -1 Cuts Missed: -1 Cuts Made: 2 Double Bogies: -2 Eagles: 3 Holes In One: 4 Others: -3 Par: 1/2 Top 25: 5 Top 3: 5 Top 10: 5 Wins: 5
      In addition to expressing interest, please comment on any changes you'd like made to the scoring or format.  No promises that they'll be incorporated, but now is your chance to make recommendations.  Stay tuned for more details.  Good Luck!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!