PlaidJacket

TEXAS SPY - GOLF TOURNAMENT

TOURNAMENT DATE ANNOUNCED: APRIL 22, 2017

WHITE BLUFF RESORT - OLD COURSE - LAKE WHITNEY TEXAS

Entry Fee: $35 paid in advance to a secure bank account. All money collected will be paid out and the account closed afterwards.

Entry deadline March 15, 2017. (More details later)

Format: Stroke play. Other than that suggestions are welcome. (No scrambles) Flights, payouts, awards, etc. to be determined by how many players sign up and flighting. We should be able to at least field 16 players. More will be better.

(Entry: Send me a private message with your first and last name – your MGS Forum name, town, phone, email. and Hcp. I'll began keeping a spreadsheet of each entrant. Payment acceptance at a later date.)  Phone and email address will be kept private.

I've been putting together an outline - plan for a first annual tournament for members in Texas. I'm thinking just a one day event this first go around. I thought first I'd test the water to gage interest. If any. I'm thinking late spring in the hill country area. April to be more specific.

Declared Players as of 1-10-2017 that defiantly will be participating in this years event:

Plaidjacket
numberonecoog
Kenny B
Texas2cap
EthanSterlingPrice
Hula Rock
txstroker
TXSTCANAN
WadeDgolfer
xstiffshafts
txgolfjunkie

Here are guys that have indicated an interest but not officially declared:

Justin H
crw
Torikhan
Carolina Golfer 2
Birdiehunter17
Rover Rick

Undershooter

If you guys know of other potential players let's get them on-board. Invite a buddy if you like.

EthanSterlingPrice has a few photos posted on page 5 with more to come later.

Anyone interested? Do you have game? :ph34r:

UPDATE 1-4-2017:   PDF posted below. Please read and respond if you'd like to play or have ideas to consider.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I have 3 choices for my timeshare condos; the timing in April would be critical for me to attend.

Stablewood Springs Resort

New Braunfels

Marble Falls

Are any of those close to hill country??  If not, I can also find an appropriate Marriott.

• Like 1

Man Kenny, that's a great area for golf. I'm in if schedule permits...but I ain't got no game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

This is cool, I think Texas has hosted the most MyGolfSpy events to date.

• Like 2

This is cool, I think Texas has hosted the most MyGolfSpy events to date.

Seems like the Raven Nest Open wasn't that long ago.

• Like 1

Man Kenny, that's a great area for golf. I'm in if schedule permits...but I ain't got no game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Game is relative.  It's the fun that counts!   :)

• Like 1

I'm interested, but it would depend on the date.  I will be out of town at least one weekend in April for work (but haven't received the dates yet).  I expect to know the work dates by January 20th.  

So far I count 6 potential players...

Need more.

This could possibly work better for me than the World Woods outing I proposed a couple weeks ago.

I could play this. Then my sister and I could drive together to see my mom in PNS and then back to TX for the flight home.

I'll be watching the details closely.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Well so far we have 10 players interested. It's a little iffy for a few guys but over all this is a good start. I think we can muster 16 players. Or more?

If you haven't done so already read the PDF I posted. I'm happy to answer questions or take suggestions. This is not Plaids tournament. I'm just trying to start something that can be passed on, improved, and grow.

Thanks

• Like 3

Here's a faster version than opening the PDF:

TEXAS - SPY MEMBER TOURNAMENT 2017 Proposal: For this first attempt at starting an annual statewide event I'm proposing a one day outing on a Saturday. All MGS members are welcome regardless of handicap or playing ability. It's going to be fun! Let's get started and watch it grow. Entry for the event begins today!

Geographical location: For this first ever statewide Tournament I'm suggesting the Austin-Round RockGeorgetown area.

Date: Saturday April 22, 2017

Course(s): To be determined. I'd like to recruit one or two guys to help with course scouting/selection. Preferably you'll have firsthand knowledge as having played them a time or two. Seek a quality - well maintained course above all else keeping in mind that quality doesn't necessarily mean expensive. Also keep in mind a variety of player abilities. If you can help send me a private message.

Entry Fee: $35 paid in advance to a secure bank account. All money collected will be paid out and the account closed afterwards.

Entry deadline March 15, 2017. (More details later)

Format: Stroke play. Other than that suggestions are welcome. (No scrambles) Flights, payouts, awards, etc. to be determined by how many players sign up and flighting. We should be able to at least field 16 players. More will be better.

(Entry: Send me a private message with your first and last name – your MGS Forum name, town, and email. I'll began keeping a spreadsheet of each entrant. Payment acceptance at a later date.)

• Like 1

IN .  let me contact TXSTCATMAN,  He lives in Austin.

Hey plaid, check out Wolf Dance too

• Like 1