PlaidJacket

TEXAS SPY - GOLF TOURNAMENT

Sorry I have not responded in a while, been busy with work and family. I am sadly out for April, but if we have another one this summer I will try and make it work.

Hope everyone has a great time!

Sorry it didn't work out for you. We'll miss having you for sure. Maybe next year. Thanks for the interest.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to it. Still hoping I can make it over before to play a round and look things over a bit.

As always.... we're still looking for more players. If you haven't signed up yet send me a private message. Also, enlist one of your regular golf buddy's to come. I'll have to add them to the tee sheet in advance.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I am definitely out for this round. My wife's birthday party is that weekend. Her birthday is the next weekend but..... 

That's too bad Rick. I know everyone would have enjoyed seeing you. Perhaps another place and time.

Thanks.

ATTENTION:

Beginning tomorrow I'll begin accepting the entry fee for the April 22, 2017 Tournament. I'll send out an email to everyone with details. Below is the current list of players for this years event.

We still have plenty of room for more players so if you or a friend like to join us please let me, EthanSterlingPrice, or txstroker know. Also, several of us will be playing on Friday afternoon the day before the event. So, let me know if you'd like to get in the Friday $game$. I'm quite sure a few of you guys would like to try and skin a few $$ off old Plaid.  ;)

PlaidJacket
numberonecoog
Kenny B
Texas2cap
Justin H
EthanSterlingPrice
crw
Birdiehunter17
Hula Rock
Rover Rick
txstroker
TXSTCANAN
WadeDgolfer
xstiffshafts
txgolfjunkie
Undershooter30
Zeasy

I don't think you're list is up to date.

Never mind. Viewing through the app doesn't show formatting

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

ENTRY OPENS TODAY!

As mentioned yesterday I have opened the bank account and can began accepting your entry fee. For everyone that has already signed up I'll be sending you another email today with information for your entry fee check and where to mail it. So keep an eye out later today for that to arrive in your inbox.

Please try and send your check within the next 10 days if you will . We're only 38 days away.

If you have any questions feel free to commit here or send me a PM (private message).

• Like 1

Me too Ethan.

So far I have paid entry fees or they are on the way from Plaid, txstroker, WadeDgolfer, Ethan, Hula & friend, and Texas2cap. Undershooter is still a little uncertain. The rest of the field that has committed but have not responded to requests for entry fee as of this morning are:

numberonecoog

xstiffshafts

txgolfjunkie

If anyone sees these guys around ask them to check in with me.

Have a great Friday Everyone.

• Like 1

We currently have 10 players. One is still a possible and two guys have been unresponsive to email and private message. So... 7-10 players it looks like at this time. 6 have dropped out along the way.

I was actually going to call the course today and visit with the Pro if I can.

• Like 1

We currently have 10 players. One is still a possible and two guys have been unresponsive to email and private message. So... 7-10 players it looks like at this time. 6 have dropped out along the way.

I was actually going to call the course today and visit with the Pro if I can.

Steve (the pro) is a good fella

• Like 1

It's looking more and more like I will be in TX when you guys are getting together. I'll know for sure next week. If it works out, is there space for me to join you guys?

• Like 1

Yes there is. And we'd be happy for you to join us.

There's a good group of you guys with low hcps. It'd be nice competition.

I'll drop you Private Message.

Thanks

• Like 1

You boys need to give ole Plaid a hug as setting these things up can be a ****** !!!

Well done bruther!

• Like 4

You boys need to give ole Plaid a hug as setting these things up can be a ****** !!!

Well done bruther!

YESSIR!!!

• Like 1

ALERT!

We have to change venue guys. Here's the deal....

I spoke this morning with the Pro at White Bluff. He told me no advance tee times prior to 7 days in advance. Period. When I first spoke with him back in January I had gotten a different story. In January I was told he had to wait until we were closer to our date. Ok fine. Now we're closer. After speaking with the Pro today it sounds like to me it would be a 50/50 proposition at best that we'd get our preferred tee times at White Bluff for the 22nd. Here's my suggestion....

This morning I've just spoken with the Head Pro at Sugar Tree and our date is wide open. This course is a good one I'm told by a few guys (good players) I know that have played it. The course will be a little further drive for some guys and closer for a few others. Basically, ST is roughly 45 miles SW from Ft. Worth. From Austin perhaps 185 miles. From San Antonio 220 miles, and from Houston 250. For me perhaps 30 minutes closer is all. No biggie. I'll still play the Friday before also. The Pro tells me the course will be in good shape with no aerified greens.

The Green Fees are slightly lower at $49 including cart vs $85 at White Bluff. I haven't looked into lodging yet but I'm quite sure it's available closer by for those like me that will need it.

My recommendation is that we book our event at Sugar Tree. I can do that now or anytime in the near future. Perhaps there's also a chance to pick up a few new players that have been on the fence.

So... what do you guys think? I say let's do it.

sugartreegolf.com

I was really looking forward to playing White Bluff. With that said, it doesn't matter much where we play so long as it isn't a goat track. If we have information that it's a nice course, that works for me.

Need to firm up pretty quickly however so we can all finalize our plans.