TEXAS SPY - GOLF TOURNAMENT

Have a great round guys!!  I would like to be there, but as wonderful as you guys are, I'd rather play with my wife on our anniversary.    ;)

Does she agree to that? :D

Have fun guys!

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Have fun today and this weekend boys...Get lots of pics if you can to post. 

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

See y'all in the morning fellas! Hope that storm doesn't mess us up too much.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Enjoy the day fellas! I'll be there with you in spirit!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

Have a blast out there and take some pics!

• Like 2

Callaway  Rogue ST Max Driver 10.5
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey
  White Hot OG 7S Putter

Yall have a blast!

Flying to Austin tomorrow for work for a few days. Monday is team building dinner at topgolf. Lol my kind of team building.

Looking forward to the results guys.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

• Like 1
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

What a great weekend of golf! Good golf courses and great company. Hope this turns out to be the first of many MGS Texas tournaments.

Great job Plaid - thanks for doing the work to set this up for us.

• Like 5

WITB:

Irons:       Ping S55 4-PW

Wedges:  Scor 4161 54*, 58*

Hybrids:   Adams Idea Gold Prototype 18*, 21*

Woods:    Ping G5 3 wd 15*

Driver:      Ping G 9*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

Amen, thanks Plaid!

• Like 2

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Great job Plaid! It's a stressful job putting these wingdings together and you hung with it like a trooper.

• Like 1

Odyssey
  White Hot OG 7S Putter

The Texas Spy Tournament for 2017 is a wrap.

First I want to thank everyone that played. Besides me we had txstroker, EthanSterlingPrice, TX2Cap, and wadeDgolfer. As y'all probably know we played SugarTree Golf Club which is located slightly south and west of Weatherford in Lipan, Texas. It's just down a little two lane country road off I-20 and there you'll find this magnificent jewel of a golf course. I highly recommend it if you're in the area or live in the vicinity. Our playing conditions were actually pretty decent. Yes, it was slightly breezy-windy, partly sunny at times, and temps around 63. And dry. No rain. Whew! The course was in great shape too with tight bermuda fairways and champion bermuda greens. They putted very good and were fairly speedy and true.

We played our event for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place with a cash payout from the entry fee.

Our Champion was EthanSterling Price. Congratulations Ethan!

2nd finisher: txstroker

3rd place: Tx2Cap

From left to right you have: TX2Cap, EthanSterlingPrice and txstroker

Champions 2014.jpg

Me and Tx2Cap had a scorecard playoff for 3rd place where he beat me on the first hole. I'm sure you're asking yourself... What did everyone shoot? Not bad actually. I think we all started off a little rocky but eventually fell into our game. I'd say we all had a good time. I certainly did. Oh, I think Ethan will post some comments and a photo of our shot of the day winner. I'm not going to give it away but it was quite spectacular. I also have a few more photos I can post which I'll do later. But for now I'm off to the course shortly for another round.

• Like 4

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's a few more....

Here's Ethan working on his pitches prior to the start of our round.

Ethan chipping.jpg

Group photo: Ethan, Plaid, Wade, TX2Cap, txstroker

Group photo 2017.jpg

Here's 2Cap busting a nice and long drive down the middle. (beware of the man in the blue shorts. He's a shot maker!)

2cap busting it.jpg

Here's stroker trying to match the 2Caps previous shot. I think he was pretty close too.

stroker busting it.jpg

• Like 4

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• SPY VIP

After the success of the first 2 MGS Texas outings put together by RoverRick and Zeasy, it's great to see a new group of individuals picking up the torch. Nice job all of you for taking your time to make this happen.

• Like 3

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Scores?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice pics Plaid. And congrats on putting this together. I'm sure it will only grow from here, if you do it again.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Here we have your shot of the day with a hole out for birdie from 130 yards by stroker. IMG_1565.JPG

• Like 6

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Scores?

i shot 78 for a decent round considering the start we had. Really everyone played pretty well.

• Like 4

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Good looking bunch of spies and no doubt some great memories made. Thanks for the pics and congrats to Ethan for his stellar play!

• Like 2

Odyssey
  White Hot OG 7S Putter

Here we have your shot of the day with a hole out for par from 130 yards by stroker. IMG_1565.JPG

Not that it makes much difference in the end but that hole out was for birdie.

• Like 1

WITB:

Scores?

Scores were:

EthanSterlingPrice - 78

txstroker - 81

Texas2cap - 83

PlaidJacket - 85

WadeDgolfer - 89

In everyone's defense, it was a very windy day and the course was very tight and tree-lined (probably the tightest I have ever played).

I hate to make generalizations from just a single round but here is what I observed:

EthanSterlingPrice - Good all around game but outstanding short game (impressive for such a young fellow). His scrambling was the difference.

Texas2cap - Big hitter and good ball striker (love this guy's effortless swing). A superb putter.

PlaidJacket - Sneaky long despite his abbreviated backswing (told us all he was the shortest hitter in the group but kept outdriving most of us). Also a superb putter with great hands.

WadeDgolfer - Wasn't his weekend. I've played a lot of golf with him and he's a better player than his weekend showed. He's fairly long off the tee and down the middle all day (the strength of his game). He's also great around the greens.

Finally all of these guys were good, quality guys. Nobody got too serious and we shared a lot of laughs throughout the round - definitely made the trip worth while.

• Like 5

WITB: