TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

I'd love to try some

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'd love to be part of the testing... Again... I was in one of the original groups when you first joined the forum, and I loved the balls then... unfortunately they are long gone now...

EDIT: I just went back and looked... it was in 2010... longer than I thought... I still use the towel and the ball marker...

Original post from August 210...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Hi Guys,

Ok I will hold off a little longer ins working out what I will send out, as it seems

a little quiet at present here on the forum.

I would like though to test the 808 ProSoft with a small group of players that are

keen to help with feedback,,,,I am just being careful with my costs from Oz right now.

I will be back on to advise further but the new balls I have coming will be worth

your time,,,,,,,,

Can the guys that are interested just post a comment and I will put you on the list

but feedback is important if you are to be included in my R&D Test Pilot Team.

Thanks again,

Boz

I'd test em here in San Antonio..... :)

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Boz, I'm definitely interested and now that I'm a "short-timer" at work, I have lots more time to spend on the golf course and have a GC2 launch monitor I'll use to compare spin rates and dispersion <_>

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Hi,

I just joined the forum, and I see you have been looking for golfers to test your relatively new golf balls. If you're still looking for more input, I would like to try them. I am always switching around, good balls on sale, and those I find. I am a middle of the road golfer, who somehow get a bit of spin on his irons (basically unintentionally). I like Pro-Vs the best, mainly because the distance is good and I can depend on them close in. I wouldn't mind trying something else, tho, to give me a little better roll on the irons.

Thanks,

Lenny G

I would love to test them and give feed back. Short game spin means a lot to me and it seems from your description that they are a high spin ball. I also like the ideas about making the ball easier to see.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Hi Guys, thanks for the input so far,,,,,I am not building ball designs with

excessive spin as I have my own thoughts on what drop and stop should be for

most levels of golfers and the higher the partial wedge spin levels the greater the

chance that distance control is compromised either in the air or on the ground.

Lets see what happens with the Volvik trial MGS are running before I butt in with

my gear, as it isn't right to chime in at this stage.

Cheers,

Boz

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

Boz, you know me, always willing to help as some of your balls are my favorite even. Wow that sounds bad, but they are!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Funny, isn't it but at the Barclays a number of players hurt themselves with their excessive backspin that took the balls all the way off the green and into the bunker in some cases.

Frankly if I actually get backspin I watch it in wonder and wonder what I did.

I want something that is soft around the greens though, and stops after a good flop shot; I don't mind if it gets chewed up by the grooves, they all do.

Hi Guys, thanks for the input so far,,,,,I am not building ball designs with

excessive spin as I have my own thoughts on what drop and stop should be for

most levels of golfers and the higher the partial wedge spin levels the greater the

chance that distance control is compromised either in the air or on the ground.

Lets see what happens with the Volvik trial MGS are running before I butt in with

my gear, as it isn't right to chime in at this stage.

Cheers,

Boz

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Boz, lost your e-mail in my great "computer crash" of 2013, can you e-mail me at johnb@cultapparelgroup.com Need to speak with you.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Boz, looks great........I remeber the 808 or Bob as we referred to them.....Great ball.

Are you developing a softer version?

Terrific. Let us know when they are available.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hi Foz, the white version that I am preparing now can take on any ball in the non Tour

level in regards to feel, what I have setup is a soft forgiving feel but without feeling

doughy or sponge where you get no real feedback. Think NXT Tour S or RX330 S in particular.

This version plays like the Zstar more than the Qstar but with a controlled amount of spin

on partial wedges.

The 2014 UVEE Yellow/ UVEE Orange and more importantly the UVEE White will be based on this

structure as the feel is the last sticking point with many players who want to support my

Vision designs and I hope you will see I have been able to achieve this whilst pushing the

overall performance to the limits.

Cheers,

Boz

Looking forward to trying these!!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Ok I have been given the green light to start testing my new GelSkin ™

S-Type (Soft Spin) cover material.

I will be using this on the X3 replacement design that you all know as the X-pert4 or

X4,,,,due to the fact that this name plate doesn't really explain the ball the way I

would like it to be understood by players I am moving to the model name ProType-888.

The 888 badge was popular in testing and the description ties in with my RX330

competitor the ProSoft-808.

I am doing a special TestPilot pack for Christmas that will include these new

prototypes in their pre mass production specification to continue my player

trials that should allow enough results and feedback to fine tune the 2014 designs.

Talk more soon,

Boz

• SPY VIP

Hi Guys,

Ok I have been given the green light to start testing my new GelSkin ™

S-Type (Soft Spin) cover material.

I will be using this on the X3 replacement design that you all know as the X-pert4 or

X4,,,,due to the fact that this name plate doesn't really explain the ball the way I

would like it to be understood by players I am moving to the model name ProType-888.

The 888 badge was popular in testing and the description ties in with my RX330

competitor the ProSoft-808.

I am doing a special TestPilot pack for Christmas that will include these new

prototypes in their pre mass production specification to continue my player

trials that should allow enough results and feedback to fine tune the 2014 designs.

Talk more soon,

Boz

This is great news Boz. Please keep us up to date and look forward to seeing what exciting things Vision has in store.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Hi Foz, the white version that I am preparing now can take on any ball in the non Tour

level in regards to feel, what I have setup is a soft forgiving feel but without feeling

doughy or sponge where you get no real feedback. Think NXT Tour S or RX330 S in particular.

This version plays like the Zstar more than the Qstar but with a controlled amount of spin

on partial wedges.

The 2014 UVEE Yellow/ UVEE Orange and more importantly the UVEE White will be based on this

structure as the feel is the last sticking point with many players who want to support my

Vision designs and I hope you will see I have been able to achieve this whilst pushing the

overall performance to the limits.

Cheers,

Boz

That's Great Boz, I have tried the NXT Tour S and liked it........Looking forward to the next Vision Version!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...

Great thread guys.  I've really enjoyed reading all the input, comments and discussions revolving around this great brand.  If you haven't yet seen it, earlier this week, Vision launched a North American crowdfunding campaign with several product offerings and Test Pilot Team packages.  Have a look at: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vision-golf-balls

I'd love to hear additional thoughts and feedback relating to the campaign.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott, great this is the better place to let the guys know,,,,if we were just looking at White balls

I don't believe it would make sense to go to market in any market right now as there are just so

many similar products but the UV StayBright Technology is unique and works better so I feel now

is the right time to show the wider market what I have been doing,,,,,,

Thanks again for the support,

Boz

Hi Scott, great this is the better place to let the guys know,,,,if we were just looking at White balls

I don't believe it would make sense to go to market in any market right now as there are just so

many similar products but the UV StayBright Technology is unique and works better so I feel now

is the right time to show the wider market what I have been doing,,,,,,

Thanks again for the support,

Boz

Thanks for the reply Boz!  As you know, I'm a huge fan of the Vision brand and the product line.  It's an exciting time to watch it gaining momentum in the North American market.  The unique designs and focus on hi-visibility really helps your products stand out in what is otherwise a stagnant market segment.  

I just got back from 5 days in Myrtle Beach where the weather was nice but the sky was overcast the entire time... After seeing the Vision balls in play, and the increased visibility they provide, everyone I played with was begging for some of the UV yellow balls!  

Keep up the great work!

Scott

• 1 year later...

Great to hear from you - you've obviously been a busy boy!  These look sharp.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD